I know they are talking heads, but here comes the Lamar MVP talk again-Hope Sunday changes all that

Billsfan1972

Lamar didn't show up in the 4th quarter of the Dolphins game.  If he had, Miami would never have gotten the ball back over and over and he might be in the MVP discussion.  There is a love affair with Lamar and certain members of the media.  The reality is that the MVP right now is 1) Jalen Hurts 2) Josh Allen.  The rest are really not in the discussion.  

Hurts and Allen have the passing stats, the rushing stats and the quality wins.  Lamar has the rushing stats.  That is it.  He is not even top 15 in passing and he does not have a single win over a good team.  

Jalen Hurts is the MVP right now.  

• Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Lamar Jackson, the 2019 MVP, should not be in the 2022 MVP conversation after 3 games but Josh Allen should?

…..is this part of the concussion fallout thread?

Why would Lamar be in the MVP discussion?  Hurts and Allen dwarf him in terms of accomplishments.  Lamar is not even close.  That could change after this week, but right now Lamar is not even in the discussion except with talking heads on tv. 

• Disagree 1

6 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Know this is a day or two old, but makes me see red

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/clip?id=34683404

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/34690041

Maybe I'm unfair when talking about Lamar and see Josh Allen with Rose Coloured Glasses, but to me right now it isn't close as to which QB I'd want. 

If I were you, I'd hope 99% of these "talking heads" are right, as they also likely predicted Bills winning the Super Bowl.

If Lamar wins MVP & Bills win the Super Bowl, I'll take that 10 times out of 10.

11 hours ago, eball said:

Lamar is playing out of his mind.  He deserves the talk.  As does Josh.

Agree. Lamar has been excellent. 

I think Bills fans have a real bee in their bonnet about Lamar. It seems to trigger them. I think that is because they have been writing him off for 2 and a bit years since his MVP season and he keeps playing well. 

Of course I wouldn't swap Allen for Jackson. But newsflash.... other teama have good QBs as well. It is as if certain Bills fans have to believe every other QB sucks for Josh to be great. Which is crazy. Josh's ability is independent of anything else and he shows it almost every Sunday.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Bills fans have a real bee in their bonnet about Lamar. It seems to trigger them. I think that is because they have been writing him off for 2 and a bit years since his MVP season and he keeps playing well. 

Of course I wouldn't swap Allen for Jackson. But newsflash.... other teama have good QBs as well. It is as if certain Bills fans have to believe every other QB sucks for Josh to be great. Which is crazy. Josh's ability is independent of anything else and he shows it almost every Sunday.

I think it’s also because there’s an element of a victim complex from Bills fans towards the media over Josh. That every error and mistake he makes is magnified whilst it’s overlooked with other quarterbacks. Whether that’s fair or not is up to debate, but I think that’s why there is an attempt to criticise, in some cases overly, other quarterbacks who are doing well - because there’s a feeling they’re waiting to come down heavily on Josh but not many others.

Just posting something I read and yes there is victimhood when it comes to Josh Allen.

And isn't there a mvp thread elsewhere here? I just thought how quickly the narrative changed was a little bit surprising. I don't worry at all about the mvp just about Josh Allen being the best player in the league.

And yes watching these makes Sunday's game just a little more "personal".

15 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Know this is a day or two old, but makes me see red

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/clip?id=34683404

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/34690041

Maybe I'm unfair when talking about Lamar and see Josh Allen with Rose Coloured Glasses, but to me right now it isn't close as to which QB I'd want. 

This is one of those weird, insecure, old-Bills posts that I thought we were beyond? It was the same with Mahomes in the past. It is okay for multiple people to be phenomenal. Lamar being good doesn’t mean that Josh is bad. We don’t need to downplay his historical accomplishments to prop up Allen. His play speaks for itself. These guys are both elite players and we all should appreciate watching them play the game that we all love.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Nah, Bills fans like and have liked other QB's for a long time.   I think it's pretty simple.   Lamar was given the benefit of the doubt when he wasn't passing well by the media and Josh wasn't.   Not by all, Josh had some believers, but no where near the love affair of Lamar.

It's because of that, that Bills fans are soured on the guy.  Not all, not all, not all but most.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.