The Bills appear to have gotten over the L

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Loss really reminds me of last year's first game with NE. After the loss where Jones only passed 3X really got Pats fans blabbering. Next 2 against them really told the story. 

Only Mother Nature can slow this team down. Whether it be ungodly wind or sweltering oppressive heat.

All things equal neither Miami or NE can compete with Buffalo, not even close.

Now that we can stop the run, we only have the heat as our enemy. 

There are no moral victories in the NFL, but there should be perspective.  Look at all the factors working against the Bills against Miami, and consider they were one pass to McKenzie that Allen normally makes in his sleep, from winning anyway.  I think the Bills have figured all that out, and are ready to move on.

The only thing that concerns me is the question of why the Bills don't win close games.  Not that they can't win them, but they don't.  Allen skips the throw to McKenzie against the Dolphins.  Allen slips on the fourth down run last year against the Titans.  A blocked punt against the Steelers, and the offense doesn't score enough to overcome that single bad play.  A half dozen or more missed opportunities against the Texans in the playoff loss in Allen's second year.  Allen underthrows just enough to Clay against Miami, the last time the Dolphins beat the Bills, for him not to score the winning TD.  And of course 13 seconds.  Is there some crucial guts component to this team, that's missing?  I hope not, and I love watching them destroy other teams in a riot of scoring and big defensive plays.  But not all the games are blowouts.  The Bills have a running streak of all their consecutive wins by double digits.  I would dearly love to see that string broken, by the Bills pulling out a tough close game for the win.

Edited by Utah John

19 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Was just wondering what McDermott would say if they somehow injured Josh!

I'm assuming he isn't a singer? 😁

Correct, lol.

While his Dad has sung many National Anthems, including opening day for Wyoming this year, Josh stated on an interview with Kyle Brandt a couple of weeks ago that he doesn't have a musical bone in his body.

Edited by Kaenon
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Never let a win get to your head or a loss to your heart. 

14 hours ago, Utah John said:

The only thing that concerns me is the question of why the Bills don't win close games.

Right before the current streak of losing close games, they had a similar sized streak of winning close games the year before.

I think it's more circumstantial than definitive.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.