The Bills appear to have gotten over the L

YoloinOhio

27 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It was a flukey loss which I’m sure they would agree with…it being against the dolphins is what made it suck extra hard 

Loss really reminds me of last year's first game with NE. After the loss where Jones only passed 3X really got Pats fans blabbering. Next 2 against them really told the story. 

Only Mother Nature can slow this team down. Whether it be ungodly wind or sweltering oppressive heat.

All things equal neither Miami or NE can compete with Buffalo, not even close.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, appoo said:

Emotionally healthy players = better players. Fact. 

That's a great locker room it seems like

Also - NSynch > BSB. We all know this

Also - who did it better?

That episode of B99 was one of the greatest show openings ever. I literally “LOL” every time I watch that. 

Is there much of anything that McDermott and Beane miss?   I mean, their emphasis on veteran leadership, their emphasis on locker-room leaders, when they first showed up, it was a little hard to swallow.   We fans had just spent 20 years just wishing the Bills had enough talent, and these guys come in and say the culture is essential.  Really.  But as we began to watch them build that culture, it started to become clear that they weren't saying it because it played well in sound bites.  They were saying it because they understood that culture was the true foundation of everything the team would be built on.  

They knew what they were getting in Micah and Poyer, they knew what they were getting in Josh.  They knew what they getting in Diggs and Miller.  And they knew why they were keeping McKenzie, investing in him, developing him.  

These guys get it. 

• Like (+1) 3

Who is the idiot that thought they were in emotional agony?

That's a bunch of wealthy twenty something dudes enjoying life.........Gronk partied has ass off the night after the Patriots lost that SB to the Eagles.........it's a job and those kinda' guys aren't going to dwell on losses no matter how big and no matter how much some sad-lifed, doom-fantasy fans wants them to.

And this loss leaves a mark but it's not very big in the grand scheme of things.    

Now a 35 year old QB finally getting to and losing a SB he's been trying to reach all his career?   Maybe a different story.    Josh could lose the SB and give you the sad face for the camera because he has a lot of emotional intelligence and knows the fans are distraught........but he's probably not going to miss his tee time the next morning. ;)

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Eyeroll 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Who is the idiot that thought they were in emotional agony?

That's a bunch of wealthy twenty something dudes enjoying life.........Gronk partied has ass off the night after the Patriots lost that SB to the Eagles.........it's a job and those kinda' guys aren't going to dwell on losses no matter how big and no matter how much some sad-lifed, doom-fantasy fan wants them to........and this one wasn't very big in the grand scheme of things.    

Now a 35 year old QB finally getting to and losing a SB he's been trying to reach all his career?   Maybe a different story.    Josh could lose the SB and give you the sad face for the camera because he has a lot of emotional intelligence and knows the fans are distraught........but he's probably not miss his tee time the next morning.

On 9/28/2022 at 1:32 PM, FilthyBeast said:

This is why I feel this way, big emotional loss and too many injuries. Did a great job containing Tua and high powered Miami offense but can't see that 2 weeks in a row away from Buffalo against an offense that might be even better than the dolphins.

Bills will still likely be fine in grand scheme of things and I had them at 2-2 after the first four if anything because of the schedule.

• Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

This is why I feel this way, big emotional loss and too many injuries. Did a great job containing Tua and high powered Miami offense but can't see that 2 weeks in a row away from Buffalo against an offense that might be even better than the dolphins.

Bills will still likely be fine in grand scheme of things and I had them at 2-2 after the first four if anything because of the schedule.

Actually, FilthyBeast said this somewhere, and it's a simple rendition of why Sunday is a big game.  Tough, tough challenge.  The challenge for McDermott is to get everyone on the same page, playing their best football.   Hard to concentrate on that with the nature of the Miami loss, the Ravens' toughness, the injuries. 

But that's kind of what's interesting about this video.  These guys seem to be just enjoying their time together, doing their work and working at being their best.  It's who they are.   This seems like a team that always will recover, always will rise up to fight, regardless of the outcome. 

Don't want to be 2-2, although as he says, with this schedule it always was a possibility.  My personal objective for the team, not my idea, is win every quarter - that is go at least 3-1 on every quarter of the schedule.  Bills will be delight where they sit if they can beat the Ravens. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Actually, FilthyBeast said this somewhere, and it's a simple rendition of why Sunday is a big game.  Tough, tough challenge.  The challenge for McDermott is to get everyone on the same page, playing their best football.   Hard to concentrate on that with the nature of the Miami loss, the Ravens' toughness, the injuries. 

But that's kind of what's interesting about this video.  These guys seem to be just enjoying their time together, doing their work and working at being their best.  It's who they are.   This seems like a team that always will recover, always will rise up to fight, regardless of the outcome. 

Don't want to be 2-2, although as he says, with this schedule it always was a possibility.  My personal objective for the team, not my idea, is win every quarter - that is go at least 3-1 on every quarter of the schedule.  Bills will be delight where they sit if they can beat the Ravens. 

Yes that is the actual FilthyBeast quote lol

1 minute ago, eball said:

These boys KNOW.  They know that was a b.s. game and loss.  They know they are going to do great things.  And they’re having a lot of fun doing it.

Yup.  It’s 1 of 17.  They outplayed their opposition.  They know the SB isn’t won in September

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.