Immigration Stance

Tenhigh

Immigration Stance  

13 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT IS YOUR STANCE ON IMMIGRATION?

• Greatly increased legal immigration with no other changes
    • Greatly increased legal immigration with a secure border
    • Status quo
    • Reduced immigration with no other changes
    • Reduced immigration with a secure border
    • Other

Just now, Tiberius said:

I can't choose any of the categories because I have a different solution, namely a foreign policy to help foreign nations in our hemisphere become stable and prosperous, but we can also take in more immigrants 

OTHER

My father, who's been a dentist for over 40 years, has two "dentista's" working for him. They've been in the United States for over 20 years, legally immigrated and are now US Citizens. 

They *HATE* illegal immigration and think it's totally unfair. We have a very high Hispanic population in Southern Oklahoma due to the jobs and overwhelmingly, from friends I have who are here legally, they feel the same way. 

27 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

My father, who's been a dentist for over 40 years, has two "dentista's" working for him. They've been in the United States for over 20 years, legally immigrated and are now US Citizens. 

They *HATE* illegal immigration and think it's totally unfair. We have a very high Hispanic population in Southern Oklahoma due to the jobs and overwhelmingly, from friends I have who are here legally, they feel the same way. 

I worked with a Brit about 40 years ago.  He was working with the owner of the restaurant where we worked to become a citizen.  He was so upset about what he was going through all the while surrounded by illegals working with us.  So my experience goes back four decades.  I think it's pretty clear our government has no desire to fix the problem.  

• Agree 2

47 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

If it's other put your stance below and I will try to add it.

I can't really answer this because there is not enough information.  When you say increase/decrease/status quo do you mean based on what?  I've just done some research and there are various steps/qualifications.  There are visa requirements, lawful permanent residents (LPR's or green card holders) and US Citizens.  So are you referring to the first step which is issuing a Visa?

Guys this is a very complicated process that makes it very hard for me to even begin to answer this poll. 

26 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I can't really answer this because there is not enough information.  When you say increase/decrease/status quo do you mean based on what?  I've just done some research and there are various steps/qualifications.  There are visa requirements, lawful permanent residents (LPR's or green card holders) and US Citizens.  So are you referring to the first step which is issuing a Visa?

Guys this is a very complicated process that makes it very hard for me to even begin to answer this poll. 

Chef….everyone knows there are steps. May I politely suggest that you answer it the way most people did, by thinking of it in terms of citizenship. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Chef….everyone knows there are steps. May I politely suggest that you answer it the way most people did, by thinking of it in terms of citizenship. 

Ok great.  More/less/status quo of citizenship from our southern border?  I can't answer that unless I know what the status quo is?  Sorry to interject thought process into people's knee jerk answers.  🙄

The USA as we knew it cannot return unless the flow of immigrants, legal or otherwise, stops entirely until we can get ***** figured out. 

This nation became the most powerful and prosperous in the world under STRICT immigration quotas. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Ok great.  More/less/status quo of citizenship from our southern border?  I can't answer that unless I know what the status quo is?  Sorry to interject thought process into people's knee jerk answers.  🙄

I take it to mean increasing the annual number of legal immigrants who would be able to become citizens…..and I’m guessing everyone else did too. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I take it to mean increasing the annual number of legal immigrants who would be able to become citizens…..and I’m guessing everyone else did too. 

And what is that number?  Increasing it from what?  Read this head spinning site and then get back to me. 

https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil.org/research/how-united-states-immigration-system-works