Two Head Injuries Within 4 Days For Tua - Does He Turn Out Like Trent Edwards?

H2o

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

No, you cannot... you are a troll and nothing more. You haven't posted anything that convinces anyone all you say is "they are the best, Tua is elite" but have never been able to back it up.

Still no idea why the obvious trolls are allowed here.. oh, wait.. yes I do. 

Edited by Malazan

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Couldn't you say the same thing about Mahomes/Allen/etc?

Rarely do elite QB's play a great 4 quarters, week after week.

I get that I'm not going to convince some folks that Tua/Miami are a great team even though the evidence is right in front of the homers if they paid attention last week.

Either way I still see Miami as the division favorite right now until proven otherwise. If Tua is out for an extended period of time that obviously changes though.

LOL

You're nuts

One extremely close game doesn't magically turn the Dolphins into the divisional favorite.

5 hours ago, wjag said:

I have a hard time believing and independent neurologist cleared him to play if he was concussed.  I know what it looked like, but I just can't get there to be concussed and allowed to play.  There are too many checks and balances that would need to be betrayed for that to happen.  And it was so overt.  It's not like it happened and he was hidden away.  Coming back on the field when everyone was watching and asking and questioning..  Something ELSE is going on with him.  

I question if he was ever formally put into the concussion protocol Sunday.  Everything that has been said was that he passed the tests he was administered and wasn’t felt to have a concussion, but nothing I’ve heard from the team goes so far as to say he was definitely in the protocol. The language from the team on this in my opinion has been very loose. Had he been in the protocol, given the “go no-go” criteria stating any player displaying gross motor deficits on the field is a no-go regardless of their exam, how could they clear him.

I find it likelier that something in the process broke down than that he didn’t have a concussion based on him hitting his head and his reaction to it on Sunday, compounded by last night. 

8 minutes ago, TBBills said:

No, you cannot... you are a troll and nothing more. You haven't posted anything that convinces anyone all you say is "they are the best, Tua is elite" but have never been able to back it up.

Go visit PFF, Football outsiders ,etc if you want to see the metrics on Tua.

Or check out his stats yourself on NFL.com, ESPN, etc.

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Go visit PFF, Football outsiders ,etc if you want to see the metrics on Tua.

Or check out his stats yourself on NFL.com, ESPN, etc.

Ok so what does his average stats tell you. Take the 4th quarter out for Tua and he is the exact same QB he always has been. He has 4 TDs and 3 INTs in 4 games.

Explain how 4 TDs and 3 INTs make him elite... I am waiting. That is WITH the best WR group in the league.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If the system is set up so that the player just simply has to lie or be untruthful about what they are feeling then the entire concussion protocol system is flawed. As a doctor your eyes and training see one thing but your patient (the player) tells you contradictory information. What is a doctor to do?

I’ve worked with neuros for years and it doesn’t work that way.  They expect pts to lie.  It’s in the neurological exam where you can judge and benchmark baseline from post suspected injury.

It’s too much boring info to write from my phone, but the least accurate info is the pt. Report.  The doc asks, but a good neuro of they want to find the abnormality can do it.  I guess like everything in life, all neuros are not created equal.  These guys are supposed to be independent MDs, so they are not supposed to be influenced by the teams, and their malpractice is on the line if they fudge anything as the player could take millions from them.  These docs always have that on their minds they don’t want to be sued.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, benderbender said:

Myth? It’s less than 4 days old and no conclusive investigation and it’s an already a myth? You’re burying the lead. The bigger story is that millions of people have eyes they shouldn’t believe. Eye doctor appointments for all! But most especially the spotters. 

The specific myth people keep repeating is that the Dolphins skirted the rules by clearing him and sending him back out on the field. It’s not their call, it’s the NFL’s neurotrauma consultant’s decision to make him available. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The specific myth people keep repeating is that the Dolphins skirted the rules by clearing him and sending him back out on the field. It’s not their call, it’s the NFL’s neurotrauma consultant’s decision to make him available. 

Lol are you that naive? Sorry I don't mean that personally

The NFL is run by owners. One of them is the Mami dolphins owner. They are a profit driven enterprise.

They have a history of brushing head injuries under the rug.

So you do not think that maybe they have enough influence to make the outcome what they want?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Ok so what does his average stats tell you. Take the 4th quarter out for Tua and he is the exact same QB he always has been. He has 4 TDs and 3 INTs in 4 games.

Explain how 4 TDs and 3 INTs make him elite... I am waiting. That is WITH the best WR group in the league.

Come on man this is silly.

The overall body of work is all that matters and again we can nitpick every HC, QB, skill position player, etc in the same way around the league and find less than desirable numbers to fit an agenda.

All I'm saying is the evidence is there that Tua has emerged as one of the leagues elite players at the QB position. And quite frankly this isn't a surprise considering his numbers in his first 2 NFL seasons were better than JA17 and many other of the top QB's in the league if you go back far enough.

39 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I get that I'm not going to convince some folks that Tua/Miami are a great team even though the evidence is right in front of the homers if they paid attention last week.

Either way I still see Miami as the division favorite right now until proven otherwise. If Tua is out for an extended period of time that obviously changes though.

what you have to realize is the damage miami's rookie head coach just inflicted on his team...not just physically but mentally.  he's basically shown that winning is more important to him than the safety of his men.  there's no chance the veterans in the locker room don't realize who he is as a person, and will certainly begin to lose confidence in mcdaniel.  we've already to start to see it happen.

on top of that, the miami fans and media should start realizing that tua isn't built to play football.  in two weeks he's had two major head injuries.  last year the bills knocked him out for multiple games as well.  he's just to frail to be an nfl qb.  

so you wonder why everyone knows the afc east still belongs to the bills even though miami lucked into a win?  they have a coach with limited leadership ability, and a qb who isn't durable enough to play in the nfl.  miami is the ultimate paper lion right now, and those who truly know the nfl are aware of it.

45 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Division favorite? Because they BARELY beat a severely depleted Bills team in extreme conditions? Even after that game, Las Vegas oddsmakers STILL have Buffalo as the SB favorite, Miami is barely in the top 10, that's because odds makers look deeper into games than everyone else who just looks at results. You can't just say, Miami won so they're better, there's so much more to it than that. 

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

The overall body of work is all that matters and again we can nitpick every HC, QB, skill position player, etc in the same way around the league and find less than desirable numbers to fit an agenda.

All I'm saying is the evidence is there that Tua has emerged as one of the leagues elite players at the QB position. And quite frankly this isn't a surprise considering his numbers in his first 2 NFL seasons were better than JA17 and many other of the top QB's in the league if you go back far enough.

No he hasn’t

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Literally got benched for Fitzpatrick

The coach looked like a deer in headlights spewing out lines that nobody, even he, believes.  I like how he mentioned the personal foul, like that should have changed anything.

They, be it the NFL, the organization, or both, gambled with Tua's health.  They got away with it the Buffalo game.  They then pushed their luck yesterday and paid the price.  Or rather Tua paid the price.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’ve worked with neuros for years and it doesn’t work that way.  They expect pts to lie.  It’s in the neurological exam where you can judge and benchmark baseline from post suspected injury.

It’s too much boring info to write from my phone, but the least accurate info is the pt. Report.  The doc asks, but a good neuro of they want to find the abnormality can do it.  I guess like everything in life, all neuros are not created equal.  These guys are supposed to be independent MDs, so they are not supposed to be influenced by the teams, and their malpractice is on the line if they fudge anything as the player could take millions from them.  These docs always have that on their minds they don’t want to be sued.

Agree. There is like a 1% chance that what happened here is the doc screwed up. Either something went awry in the process and the independent examination did not take place or the Dolphins ignored it or, despite what it looked like to all of us watching on TV, Tua was not in fact concussed. 

• Agree 1

Just now, NORWOODS FOOT said:

As someone who's had multiple concussions due to sports and accidents, he should be scared. His brain, if it still works properly, should be trying to protect and save itself. But money...

They could have simply gave him a 14 day rest... Yet they rushed him back in 4... Trying to grab a lousy 4-0 record and gain a 10 day rest.

Sadly he took another hit.

Didn't the doctor see this on Sunday?

TuaBellRung.png.b9f303a147d0c695610f54300d6de2e8.png

"Decorticate posture "

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.