Tua has a Charity - Let's Give It A Boost!!!

Allen2Diggs

On 9/29/2022 at 11:40 PM, chongli said:

Why don't the Dolphins fans support our charities after all the injuries we suffered last week against them? Or the Tennessee fans after the Dane Jackson injury?

IMO, if you give with the expectations of others reciprocating, you’re doing it for the wrong reasons. Bills Mafia seems like they enjoy giving and not expecting anything in return. Good on them. 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Dopey said:

IMO, if you give with the expectations of others reciprocating, you’re doing it for the wrong reasons. Bills Mafia seems like they enjoy giving and not expecting anything in return. Good on them. 

This is a good point. But my main problem is are we going to donate to a player's cause every time such and such a player gets a concussion or seriously injured and is carted off in an ambulance? That would be a lot of players over the course of a season. Sure, Tua is more high profile, but is his injury more severe than the others who get concussed or seriously injured? To me, people are donating because of his fame, not because of the injury. What about Joe Schmoe?

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, chongli said:

This is a good point. But my main problem is are we going to donate to a player's cause every time such and such a player gets a concussion or seriously injured and is carted off in an ambulance? That would be a lot of players over the course of a season. Sure, Tua is more high profile, but is his injury more severe than the others who get concussed or seriously injured?

Is there ever a bad reason to give to charity?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Is there ever a bad reason to give to charity?

Well, if it's for a good cause and you know the money is going towards the cause itself, not for "administrative" expenses, like the staff's salaries and more ads on TV so the staff can get raises or bonuses.

But then let them give to every player's cause for every injury. Heck, Bob Kraft had one of this Super Bowl rings stolen by Putin, so let's buy him a new one. And pay for any fine Tom Brady gets. Yeah, I'm being facetious, but there is a line.

Edited by chongli

4 minutes ago, chongli said:

This is a good point. But my main problem is are we going to donate to a player's cause every time such and such a player gets a concussion or seriously injured and is carted off in an ambulance? That would be a lot of players over the course of a season. Sure, Tua is more high profile, but is his injury more severe than the others who get concussed or seriously injured? To me, people are donating because of his fame, not because of the injury. What about Joe Schmoe?

I hear ya. Maybe I missed it, but has Bills mafia donated to a cause for Dane? Anyway, to your post, if you’re heart says donate…donate. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, chongli said:

Well, if it's for a good cause and you know the money is going towards the cause itself, not for "administrative" expenses, like the staff's salaries and more ads on TV so the staff can get raises or bonuses.

People who work at charities have to eat a well. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, chongli said:

But then let them give to every player's cause for every injury. Heck, Bob Kraft had one of this Super Bowl rings stolen by Putin, so let's buy him a new one. And pay for any fine Tom Brady gets. Yeah, I'm being facetious, but there is a line.

Add former Bills QB Tyrod Taylor to the list for his injury today. 

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

People who work at charities have to eat a well. 

Oh, yes, I agree on that. But, for example, there is a local pets charity where I live. Something like 90% of the funds donated goes to administrative costs. Very little money actually reaches those who it is intended to help. When you give to charities like that, you're basically paying the staff's mortgages, lol.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.