Tua has a Charity - Let's Give It A Boost!!!

Allen2Diggs

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Just like Tua will be there for you one day.

Oh, my.  The point of doing charity is NOT to get something in return.   That's business, not charity.    Charity is the not selfish, at least not in the usual way.  It's the notion that everyone should give to help others without expecting anything in return. Charity is selfish in a different way - if we all are in the habit of helping others, then someone, somewhere will be there to help you when the time comes.  

4 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

By all means, do whatever you wish with your money. But these “charity drives” are starting to smell like performative stunts led by these very online “leaders” of Bills Mafia that I see all over twitter. The ones interacting with Bills media personalities and the like. By and large, they seem like clout chasers and nothing will motivate me to donate to something less than seeing Del or one of the “Mafia Babes” signal boosting it on social media. But that’s just me.

EDIT:

This is exactly what I’m talking about. It’s not “negative” to suggest people do a little research and give responsibly. Do not just “give where your heart leads you.” Use your head a little bit too. Another Mafia guy virtue signaling online.

It may be performative for those who are trying to draw attention to Tua's concussions.  However, more attention should be drawn to them given Miami's handling of the situation.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Because all of the 15 true Miami dolphin fans that there are spend their money on meth and guns like every other Florida resident.

Everyone else whondawns their gear simply does so because it's discounted at Goodwill where their momma shops. 

HEY    HEY    HEY       I'm a Florida resident and I don't spend all THAT much on meth and guns, I stay within my recreation budget.

With that being said ... your post is a bit condescending don't cha think ... stay classy my friend. 

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Charities have employees who do the work of the charity.  They get paid a salary and benefits.   Do you expect all those people to work for free?    From my experience, most people who work for charities like these are women, with children.  They're working 40-hours a week.   Do you think they should just work for free?  

Charitable organizations help people who need help, and not the people who work for them.   You need a better excuse not to give to charities than "administrative overhead."

You seem to be confusing the salary of people who work for a charity with the administrative costs of a charity. They are two completely different things.    An employee's salary, if the employee is working directly with the community, is not administrative costs. It is part of program delivery.  Administrative costs and fundraising costs are where you run into problems.  Lots of charities have friends and family members that get rich off fundraising and administrative costs.  It is very common for foundations that distribute money to actual charities to have enormous administrative and fundraising costs and all they do is take in money and give it to other charities, who then have their own costs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gen2 said:

HEY    HEY    HEY       I'm a Florida resident and I don't spend all THAT much on meth and guns, I stay within my recreation budget.

With that being said ... your post is a bit condescending don't cha think ... stay classy my friend. 

Only if you're so sensitive to care what a rando on the internet says in jest. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Eyeroll 1

24 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

You seem to be confusing the salary of people who work for a charity with the administrative costs of a charity. They are two completely different things.    An employee's salary, if the employee is working directly with the community, is not administrative costs. It is part of program delivery.  Administrative costs and fundraising costs are where you run into problems.  Lots of charities have friends and family members that get rich off fundraising and administrative costs.  It is very common for foundations that distribute money to actual charities to have enormous administrative and fundraising costs and all they do is take in money and give it to other charities, who then have their own costs.

I don't deny that it happens.  But there is a lot of oversight, including federal tax laws, and a lot of people watching most charities.  That all tends to keep the abuses relatively low.   That includes the watchdog agencies that publish lots of data.   And what I said about administrative costs still holds.   Someone earning $200,000 a year as CFO or CEO of a foundation with $200,000,000 in assets earns every nickel, but to some critics it looks like a lot.  And, indirectly, those services are provided for the benefit of people in need.  

If you take all of the charitable dollars given in the country and compare it to total administrative cost, the amount spend on administration on average is not inappropriate.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

I don't deny that it happens.  But there is a lot of oversight, including federal tax laws, and a lot of people watching most charities.  That all tends to keep the abuses relatively low.   That includes the watchdog agencies that publish lots of data.   And what I said about administrative costs still holds.   Someone earning $200,000 a year as CFO or CEO of a foundation with $200,000,000 in assets earns every nickel, but to some critics it looks like a lot.  And, indirectly, those services are provided for the benefit of people in need.  

If you take all of the charitable dollars given in the country and compare it to total administrative cost, the amount spend on administration on average is not inappropriate.  

There actually is very little oversight.  Watchdog agencies are full of charities they can't evaluate because data is not provided.  In fact, the US government can do very little to a charity that has 50% administrative costs as long as the charity shows where the money goes.  It is up to the donor to figure it out.  Some of the largest charities in America have very high administrative and fundraising costs with much of that money being spent with businesses that their family and friends operate.  You have to be very careful. For example, where is all the data on Tua's foundation?

2 hours ago, Bills2022 said:

There actually is very little oversight.  Watchdog agencies are full of charities they can't evaluate because data is not provided.  In fact, the US government can do very little to a charity that has 50% administrative costs as long as the charity shows where the money goes.  It is up to the donor to figure it out.  Some of the largest charities in America have very high administrative and fundraising costs with much of that money being spent with businesses that their family and friends operate.  You have to be very careful. For example, where is all the data on Tua's foundation?

Chartiy Navigator says the typical charity spends 75% on program/grant making. 15% on admin and 10% on fundraising.  So that means most, probably the great majority of charities, are 60% or better.

Maybe Tua will take all my money and give his oline a vacation in Hawaii, but the odds are much better that my $17 is going to a good cause.  

If I'm writing a $100,000 check, sure, I'll do some research.  For $100, I'll trust people.  

Edited by Shaw66
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Because all of the 15 true Miami dolphin fans that there are spend their money on meth and guns like every other Florida resident.

Everyone else whondawns their gear simply does so because it's discounted at Goodwill where their momma shops. 

Comical when NY residents try to make fun of other places like Florida.  It's like people are competely unaware of the degeneracy of NY, violent criminals are set free no bail just to commit more crimes. The lack of self awareness is just hilarious.

34 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Chartiy Navigator says the typical charity spends 75% on program/grant making. 15% on admin and 10% on fundraising.  So that means most, probably the great majority of charities, are 60% or better.

Maybe Tua will take all my money and give his oline a vacation in Hawaii, but the odds are much better that my $17 is going to a good cause.  

If I'm writing a $100,000 check, sure, I'll do some research.  For $100, I'll trust people.  

Lol you dont math, do you?

Tua isn't Giving your money to a direct impact, it's being funneled to yet another charity. So if both Tua Fund and who ut gives it to are both typical charities then that's 75% of your 75%... so of your $17, only $9.56 goes to cause, $7.44 goes to cost.

Edited by ArtVandalay

6 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Comical when NY residents try to make fun of other places like Florida.  It's like people are competely unaware of the degeneracy of NY, violent criminals are set free no bail just to commit more crimes. The lack of self awareness is just hilarious.

Tua isn't Giving your money to a direct impact, it's being funneled to yet another charity. So if both Tua Fund and who ut gives it to are both typical charities then that's 75% of your 75%... so of your $17, only $9.56 goes to cause, $7.44 goes to cost.

I'm not in NY and have not been since I was like 8 years old in 80's. 

I can give you a hint to where I am and have been for almost 20 years. We are the first time flight, we are the 43rd in education.

Don't be so sensitive to a simple joke. There is no need to be hostile, or serious. Nor the need to get political... Because I'd agree with you. NY is a joke. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

I'm not going to look into.   I'll trust the guy with my $17.   He'll do what he thinks best with the money or as occurs sometimes, he'll misuse it.  As I said, I'll trust him.   Trust makes the world work.  

Misplaced trust also allows fraudsters to operate. And the non-profit sector is riddled with them. Again, do whatever you want with your money. But putting a little more effort into research and a little less faith in trust can help ensure your money is actually helping someone else.

Edited by JoPoy88

2 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Both of those organizations have administrative costs that must be met somehow.   My 25% ti both helps them cover their fundraising and admin costs.

Remarkable how much you guys will argue to try to convince people not to do good.  

Good night boys.  Knock yourselves out 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Gen2 said:

Hope you are staying safe from the storm not your guns hopefully I don’t have to say that

22 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I donated $17.01. 

I'm soft and proud of it. 

I donated the same amount.

By the way, have there been any reports on how much Bills fans donated (to the extent that they can tell). Given that this is a Buffalo thing, I would be surprised if Bills fans were the most of any one group.

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/29/2022 at 11:32 PM, Allen2Diggs said:

After the brutal injury Tua suffered tonight, there's been a lot of discussion with how the Dolphins handled his injury. 

More importantly, Tua is a human being dealing with an injury that could affect him for the rest of his life. Let's give him some support and show everyone why Bills fans are the best in the world!

Tua has a charity called the Tua Foundation that supports a wide variety of Youth programs. Let's send in donations in the amount of $17 to show him that we are pulling for him to have a full recovery!

https://www.tuafoundation.org/donate/

download (2).jpeg

good idea.  

Is Josh crying on his shoulder?  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.