Tua has a Charity - Let's Give It A Boost!!!

Allen2Diggs

4 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Here's an idea for everyone that wants to donate.  Let's make one BIG donation!  Everyone send me your money, I'll pool it all together, then take out a small admin fee for myself, then send it on to Tua's foundation, where they will take some for themselves, who will then send out to other charities!!! 

Don't forget about the charities taking their cut of your donation for "administrative overhead".  ;)

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Beast said:

I don’t spend my money on drugs but I have been known to spend a few dollars on guns. Some real nice ones!

You’re from North Carolina? 

From NY, of course now in NC via OH.

And I love Florida. And meth. And guns. I really do like Florida and it's a great state that I'd love to live in. If I didn't have a farm holding me here I'd gladly live in Texas.

• Like (+1) 1

By all means, do whatever you wish with your money. But these “charity drives” are starting to smell like performative stunts led by these very online “leaders” of Bills Mafia that I see all over twitter. The ones interacting with Bills media personalities and the like. By and large, they seem like clout chasers and nothing will motivate me to donate to something less than seeing Del or one of the “Mafia Babes” signal boosting it on social media. But that’s just me.

EDIT:

This is exactly what I’m talking about. It’s not “negative” to suggest people do a little research and give responsibly. Do not just “give where your heart leads you.” Use your head a little bit too. Another Mafia guy virtue signaling online.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

By all means, do whatever you wish with your money. But these “charity drives” are starting to smell like performative stunts led by these very online “leaders” of Bills Mafia that I see all over twitter. The ones interacting with Bills media personalities and the like. By and large, they seem like clout chasers and nothing will motivate me to donate to something less than seeing Del or one of the “Mafia Babes” signal boosting it on social media. But that’s just me.

Sadly, like so many things in today's world, there are lots of people who will only do something (give to charity, run a marathon, go to a concert) if they can let everyone know they've done it on social media. 

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, klos63 said:

maybe they do donate, but don't brag about it like so many bills fans.

You nailed it. It’s really become a narcissistic habit. People like to see the totals tally up. It’s less about helping the charity and more about “look at what we did!”.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

I agree. Sometimes it does seem performative and it does lessen the good deed. But on the other hand, clout or not, at the end of the day it's a good cause and people are being helped. I would rather people do positive stuff like this for clout than stupid pranks or anything else that causes harm or property damage.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

I hear you.   And I agree about the performative stunt aspect of this.   The way I see it, though, is that anyone who has a major medical problem can use a kind word or other indication of support from anyone, including strangers.   Tua had that kind word for Josh, so I figure I can return the favor by sending him a message.   If five Bills fans send $17, fine.   I'm one of the five.   If 5,000 Bills fans send $17, well, then not only does Tua feel the support of a lot of strangers who care about what's happened to him, but people around the country get to see Bills fans and Buffalo at their best.   And some charity, whatever it works for, gets the benefit.   Works for me.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Couldn't Tua have told the organization NO? 

Seems players all have this superman mentality that they will overcome all.

Plus I'm sure the fear goes through all of them that if they sit out, they may never get their job back. So they will do everything they can to hide it. 

Does that mean he's not to blame for it, certainly not.  But in most cases it seems players won't report it.  I supose to if you had a concussion, you're not exactly thinking right to start with.

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Don't forget about the charities taking their cut of your donation for "administrative overhead".  ;)

Charities have employees who do the work of the charity.  They get paid a salary and benefits.   Do you expect all those people to work for free?    From my experience, most people who work for charities like these are women, with children.  They're working 40-hours a week.   Do you think they should just work for free?  

Of course there's administrative overhead.   

Do some charities overdo it and run essentially for their own benefit?   Yes, but not very many these days, because there's a lot of disclosure now about how they run and where the money goes.   The charities that are essentially stealing get exposed, and often people get prosecuted.  

Charitable organizations help people who need help, and not the people who work for them.   You need a better excuse not to give to charities than "administrative overhead."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Charities have employees who do the work of the charity.  They get paid a salary and benefits.   Do you expect all those people to work for free?    From my experience, most people who work for charities like these are women, with children.  They're working 40-hours a week.   Do you think they should just work for free?  

Of course there's administrative overhead.   

Do some charities overdo it and run essentially for their own benefit?   Yes, but not very many these days, because there's a lot of disclosure now about how they run and where the money goes.   The charities that are essentially stealing get exposed, and often people get prosecuted.  

Charitable organizations help people who need help, and not the people who work for them.   You need a better excuse not to give to charities than "administrative overhead."

no one thinks that non-profits can exist and function with no overhead. But there’s a reason why organizations like CharityWatch exist - there’s a big difference between a charity that spends 45% of its income on admin cost vs. one that spends 15%. 

And Tua’s org isn’t even a direct charity. It basically collects money and hands out grants. To whom? Who knows. I hope you looked into it before you handed over your money.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

From NY, of course now in NC via OH.

And I love Florida. And meth. And guns. I really do like Florida and it's a great state that I'd love to live in. If I didn't have a farm holding me here I'd gladly live in Texas.

Meth and guns sounds like a dangerous recipe lol

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

no one thinks that non-profits can exist and function with no overhead. But there’s a reason why organizations like CharityWatch exist - there’s a big difference between a charity that spends 45% of its income on admin cost vs. one that spends 15%. 

And Tua’s org isn’t even a direct charity. It basically collects money and hands out grants. To whom? Who knows. I hope you looked into it before you handed over your money.

Well said!!!

4 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

i think the guy made your annual salary in an hour last night.   

what a dummy 

His base salary is 895k so over 17 games that is approx 52k per game... will take him a few games.

3 hours ago, Ramza86 said:

I dont think the foundations care what the mentality is of the person that donates the money. So its a win win.

That's exactly right, especially this charity... they pool your donations into a fund,  pay themselves a nice salary, then pass the remaining funds on to another charity as a grant. They don't care, they just want your money. 

Edited by ArtVandalay

I am thinking that #BillsMafia down on the Gulf Coast could use some help. I am all for other teams players charities, but right now these people need our help. We have a huge following on the gulf coast of Florida. At least 6-10 chapters between Naples and Tampa, if not more. I was doing research and came upon https://convoyofhope.org/disaster-services/ian-response/ Just an idea!!!!!

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

I'm not going to look into.   I'll trust the guy with my $17.   He'll do what he thinks best with the money or as occurs sometimes, he'll misuse it.  As I said, I'll trust him.   Trust makes the world work.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.