Dolphins @ Bengals - TNF Game Thread

Simon

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

are the Dolphins just lucky?

A couple years ago they had a good record because of a series of turnover and special teams luck. That was the year we blew them out with our backups in the final game. I see a lot of similarities between that team and this one. Eventually the numbers catch up to you and you're revealed for the pretender you are.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Haven’t read the replies after this but was thinking the same thing. I’m not wishing Ill on Tua but agree that he is NOT an unsuspecting victim here.

There is zero chance he didn’t know his own condition. 
    Not down with all the pearl clutching either. It is a ridiculously dangerous and violent game. That is part of its allure.  
    The Dolphins medical staff is a f…ing joke, as is the. NFLs patronizing “Player safety” protocols 

Last line nailed it. Many of us care about these guys as human beings too.

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

when i watched football as a kid, (and i know players were not as fast and strong) tackling seemed much less violent. maybe i am misremembering

Players were pretty much as fast and strong back then (human beings haven't evolved in 20 years!) and the game was MUCH MORE VIOLENT.

Open field free shots on receivers, for example, are now outlawed.

In the older days, players made names for themselves by KILLING PEOPLE ON THE FIELD.

Steve Atwater!  Ronnie Lott!  Bill Romanowski!  (who injured hurting people) etc...

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I don't know, of course, but I'm guessing we are not going to see TUA for a LONG time.

Like this season is probably over the Fish.  So yes, we want Bengals to lose, though I don't think they will be trouble for anyone this season anyway.

Teddy is looking just as good as tua has 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I don't know, of course, but I'm guessing we are not going to see TUA for a LONG time.

Like this season is probably over the Fish.  So yes, we want Bengals to lose, though I don't think they will be trouble for anyone this season anyway.

Dolphins win tonight and they are likely to get to 6-0. Jets and Minny next.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.