Dolphins @ Bengals - TNF Game Thread

Simon

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He has more strength than the two you listed

And as Someone who has been coaching and scouting for 30 years I always have players backs 

Especially one who’s been nothing but class

Most quarterbacks don’t pan out… Not for lack of trying

Who knew Drew Brees would be Drew Brees? This tiny quarterback from Purdue

except Drew and the people that believed in him

Tua might be the classiest guy in the NFL. That doesn't equate to being a productive NFL starter. Maybe Brian Flores knew what he was doing. 

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Tua might be the classiest guy in the NFL. That doesn't equate to being a productive NFL starter. Maybe Brian Flores knew what he was doing. 

I’m arguing arm strength what are you arguing?

People said he has a noodle arm and I’ve been defending that his Arm strength is on par with quarterbacks like Joe Burrow

Not that he’s as good as Joe Burrow… But that his arm strength is strictly as strong

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That has nothing to do with arm strength… Which is what I’m arguing

I saw tua in high school college and the pros close to 10 times… I’ve seen burrow in college and the pros close to 10 times

Their arm strength are almost identical

I’m comparing nothing else but the people saying he has a noodle arm… He does not have a noodle arm

Ok if that makes you feel good I'll concede that. Your point proves nothing though. When you watch him play in the NFL his arm certainly doesn't seem strong. Like others have said his ball has a lot of air on it. We saw that in the Buffalo game and tonight with the interception. I don't see his arm as a strengthth in the NFL game. I'd say it looks like a weakness at this point. So go ahead and beat your drum that his arm is strong and or stronger than Burrows. 

Edited by newcam2012

30 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Lack of Elite arm strength?

Yeah I don’t think anybody ever said he had elite arm strength 

Having a noodle arm and elite arm strength are completely different… He has a good arm just not elite arm strength 

I never said he had elite arm strength … There’s 110 quarterbacks in the NFL and only five or 10 have elite arm strength

There’s a massive difference between elite arm strength and a noodle arm … 

Barkley has a noodle arm… Tua Doesnt have elite arm strength… Like most NFL quarterbacks

And I’ve been scouting football players for 30 years making those scouting reports … I don’t see him Saying he has an under average arm … Just that he’s under sized and not a elite arm strength 

Of the 32 starting QB's, who's arm is Tua's stronger than?

18 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Ok if that makes you feel good I'll concede that. Your point proves nothing though. When you watch him play in the NFL his arm certainly doesn't seem strong. Like others have said his ball has a lot of air on it. We saw that in the Buffalo game and tonight with the interception. I don't see his arm as a strengthth in the NFL game. I'd say it looks like a weakness at this point. So go ahead and beat your drum that his arm is strong and or stronger than Burrows. 

I just don’t like people throwing around baseless claims like noodle arm 

Noodle arm QBs hardly play in the NFL… Noodle arm quarterbacks hardly get out of college… Noodle arm QBs sit the bench like chase daniels for a decade … or thrown aside like heinicke 

I’m willing to give tua a little respect

12 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Of the 32 starting QB's, who's arm is Tua's stronger than?

You can’t necessarily base it on 32 starters… There’s 110 quarterbacks in the NFL

So worse than 55 is below average above 55 is better than average

And at this point he absolutely has a stronger arm then Matt Ryan and mac jones

Probably on par with hurts Who he had just as strong as an arm as in college

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Eyeroll 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I just don’t like people throwing around baseless claims like noodle arm 

Noodle arm would be an ability to push the ball down the field in an nfl game …

Noodle arm means not attacking outside the numbers more than 10 yards downfield. It means safeties closing on deep shots and intercepting. it means what we saw tonight.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Noodle arm means not attacking outside the numbers more than 10 yards downfield. It means safeties closing on deep shots and intercepting. it means what we saw tonight.

Noodle arm quarterbacks Are like Chase Daniel… Was in the league a decade and couldn’t see the field… Had everything but arm strength

There’s a massive difference between Tua and Chase Daniel

Matt Barkley has a noodle arm

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Exactly. He is unable to stretch the defense effectively even with Waddle and Hill. Of course they are so elite his " moon balls" will be caught here and there. It's more about the WR than it is Tua. Tua doesn't pass must peoples eye test. 

55 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It’s something missing from our offense that could really take the pressure off of Allen…and I don’t think Cook is the solution

McKenzie is pretty quick. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Dolphins fans are now on a crusade to get rid of Thursday night football because it's unfair. 

they don’t need to get rid of it. But why the nfl hasn’t expanded the season one extra week by giving every team two bye weeks makes no sense to me. It’s a home run for the NFL. 

They could make Thursday night games both safe and a better product by ensuring every team plays Thursday night off of a bye week. And also squeeze out more dollars in the extra primetime games that would be aired.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

they don’t need to get rid of it. But why the nfl hasn’t expanded the season one extra week by giving every team two bye weeks makes no sense to me. It’s a home run for the NFL. 

They could make Thursday night games both safe and a better product by ensuring every team plays Thursday night off of a bye week. And also squeeze out more dollars in the extra primetime games that would be aired.

I agree. It should be 3 byes when it goes to 18 games. NFL stands to make more money by extending the season and reducing the pre-season with more breaks during the season. 1 bye every 5-7 games for all teams. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Noodle arm quarterbacks Are like Chase Daniel… Was in the league a decade and couldn’t see the field… Had everything but arm strength

There’s a massive difference between Tua and Chase Daniel

Matt Barkley has a noodle arm

Where does insanely quick release work into this new arm metric that's being created? I've been pretty impressed by Tua's quickness and zip, even last week after clearly being concussed. 

Agree he doesn't have a noodle arm. Maybe like a smaller, quick reflex slingshot arm.

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

True, but any team losing their No . 1 QB will disappear into obscurity.

That's just how it is.

Obscurity like the...

1972-73 Dolphins?          (lost Bob Griese, replaced by Earl Morrall)

1980-81  Raiders?           (lost Dan Pastorini, replaced by Jim Plunkett)

1987-88  Redskins?        (lost Jay Schroeder, replaced by Doug Williams)

1990-91  Giants?             (lost Phil Simms, replaced by Jeff Hostetler)😢

2001-02  Patriots?          (lost Drew Bledsoe, replaced by #!$!*#*!)

2017-18  Eagles?             (lost Carson Wentz, replaced by Nick Foles)

The kind of obscurity memorialized by permanently engraving your team & season into a large silver object?  

Friday morning reflections....

1. The heat on Sunday cost the Bills a win. I think it also cost Miami a win. Their pass rush struggled last night and after rushing for 90 plays on Sunday in that heat turning around and going again on a Thursday night on the road looked too big of an ask. The Dolphins fans can bleat about unfairness if they like... but they were quiet about it on Sunday.

2. Obviously hoping that Tua is okay. It looked pretty scary. There will be all sorts of questions about whether what happened to him on Sunday is in any way related but to me these are separate incidents. It is a shame for him because he has definitely taken a step forward in year 3. I said after his rookie year Miami should bring in an OC from the Shanahan tree because I thought Tua would be more than serviceable in that offense. They ended up with a Head Coach from that tree and it has helped their Quarterback. The one concern with him is that the injuries do seem to pile up. He isn't the biggest and he isn't the most robust. 

3. The concern for Miami without Tua would be that I don't think McDaniel has yet got the run game going which is something of a surprise. They run well enough to open up the play action and RPO game, but I am not sure Teddy Bridgewater is going to be capable of making as many of those big chunk plays as Tua has the first 3 weeks and their passing game isn't consistent enough to dink and dunk without the run game contributing. 

4. For all that, things are not rosy in Bengal land either. Their offense is increasingly boom or bust. For the most part last night it was big play to Tee Higgins or punt. They need to work in more Hayden Hurst and Tyler Boyd underneath at some point and Joe Mixon is finding no holes in the run game. Thing are still not clicking there for me, despite the offensive line at least getting to average last night for the first time this season. 

5. Other than the offensive line the other argument I saw for a regression from the Cincinnati this season was that their corners were going to revert to the mean. They got really good play out of Chi Awuzie and Eli Apple last year that was not consistent with their careers to that point. They look more like the guys I remember so far in 2022. 

6. One final Bills related point.... I said in the game day thread on Sunday we made a mistake staying away from Xavien Howard. He is a good corner, a top 10 guy, but he isn't a guy I am going to fear so much I stay away from him. Obviously because of our protection struggles it is hard to say for certain if that was the gameplan last week, but to me it looked like it was. Tee Higgins is a great receiver, no doubt, be he owned Howard who is nicked up as well. I thought the Bills should have tested him more. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.