Dolphins @ Bengals - TNF Game Thread

Simon

30 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Re: Al Michael's comment, he said Tua asked coach (as he was being taken off on stretcher), what happened on the play, eg: complete or incomplete pass.

The comment was made in regard that Tua was not only conscious, but also had his barrings to engage in conversation with his coach.

Thank you.  I missed the entire context which makes a huge difference.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Again Buffaloes at Allen for five years…  And we instantly got spoiled

tua Would have been the best or second best quarterback here since Jim Kelly

100% unequivocally

His durability is the only issue…. The guy plays perfectly within a system which is all you can ask for

Bills fans get delusional with rivals

I’ve seen Hoa and Joe Burrow close that 10 times live in college and the pros… Joe Burrow’s arm is not that much stronger than Tuas… if any

His arm strength isnt the problem

Tua is a meh QB that was handed the most lethal weapon in the NFL - and its made him decent.  And Waddle might be a top 15 WR.  Teddy looked almost just like him outside the last play. 

I admire Tua the competitor.  100%.  He's just a decent QB. 

Tyreek Hill's impact on games - there is a reason the Dolphins gave all that draft capital and money.   

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Again Buffalo has had Allen for five years…  And we instantly got spoiled

100% unequivocally

His durability is the only issue…. The guy plays perfectly within a system which is all you can ask for

I’ve seen Tua and Joe Burrow close to 10 times live in college and the pros… Joe Burrow’s arm is not that much stronger than Tuas… if any… They have the same level arm Strength .. Tua has a MUCH better arm than Matt Barkley… MUCH BETTER

It’s the ability to survive 17 games

The video of him in the Ravens game where it was flipped so he looked right handed was pretty telling. His passes instantly looked way smoother and quicker. I think you're right, mostly because I think Burrow's arm isn't great either. But Tua's left-handedness makes an already soft pass look much worse than it is. I'd say both are slightly below league average in arm strength

24 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's not about being malicious it's about being reckless.

Neither of us really know the guy personally, so I guess it’s hard to really judge. It is Jmo , he seems like the type that would not disregard  a neurologist etc telling him it was not safe to play Tua.  He obviously has little medical knowledge , so I think he has to rely on what he is told.    
Fins  are a shady org with a shady owner , so I guess it’s possible if he felt his job was at risk if the owner sent some message down, anything is possible. One thing is for sure , people can never be completely trusted if money or their livelihood is controlled by someone else.  In this case reckless is really no different than acting maliciously.   Seriously , if it was Belicheck, I would believe anything, this guy I would believe until something is conclusively proven otherwise. Time will tell I guess. 

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Tua is a meh QB that was handed the most lethal weapon in the NFL - and its made him decent.  Teddy looked almost just like him outside the last play. 

I admire Tua the competitor.  100%.  He's just a decent QB. 

Tyreek Hill's impact on games - there is a reason the Dolphins gave all that draft capital and money.   

Teddy looked dead for a drive last week 

I think Matt Barkley is one of the worst back up quarterbacks you could have… Teddies not that much better 

There’s 32 starters… Tua is not in the bottom 10 And he should be improving

Maybe not after getting two brain injuries in 10 days

42 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Tony Gonzalez brings this post game show down

Got a good group otherwise 

Watching the Burrow post game interview and poor Joe could barely hide his cringe when Tony went into that Lamar Jackson "kung fu jiu jitsu" stuff. Everybody has a look on their face like c'mon Tony. Agreed, he's not as crisp as the rest.

1 minute ago, arcane said:

The video of him in the Ravens game where it was flipped so he looked right handed was pretty telling. His passes instantly looked way smoother and quicker. I think you're right, mostly because I think Burrow's arm isn't great either. But Tua's left-handedness makes an already soft pass look much worse than it is. I'd say both are slightly below league average in arm strength

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

In terms of franchise QBs arm strength ? Yea slightly below average 

In terms of 110 quarterbacks in the NFL? Still above average

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

100% unequivocally

I’ve seen Tua and Joe Burrow close to 10 times live in college and the pros… Joe Burrow’s arm is not that much stronger than Tuas… if any… They have the same level arm Strength .. Tua has a MUCH better arm than Matt Barkley… MUCH BETTER

Quick recap of Pre Draft Tua Weaknesses:

Serious hip injury could limit his career

Ability to play in his rookie season is in question

Durability

Numerous lower leg injuries

Lack of elite arm strength

Less than ideal height

Could improve anticipation

Could improve footwork

Could improve mechanics

Left-handed will cause acclimation time for receivers

Will need to improve his preparation habits

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Quick recap of Pre Draft Tua Weaknesses:

Serious hip injury could limit his career

Ability to play in his rookie season is in question

Durability

Numerous lower leg injuries

Lack of elite arm strength

Less than ideal height

Could improve anticipation

Could improve footwork

Could improve mechanics

Left-handed will cause acclimation time for receivers

Will need to improve his preparation habits

Lack of Elite arm strength?

Yeah I don’t think anybody ever said he had elite arm strength 

Having a noodle arm and elite arm strength are completely different… He has a good arm just not elite arm strength 

I never said he had elite arm strength … There’s 110 quarterbacks in the NFL and only five or 10 have elite arm strength

There’s a massive difference between elite arm strength and a noodle arm … 

Barkley has a noodle arm… Tua Doesnt have elite arm strength… Like most NFL quarterbacks

And I’ve been scouting football players for 30 years making those scouting reports … I don’t see him Saying he has an under average arm … Just that he’s under sized and not a elite arm strength 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Having a noodle arm and elite arm strength are completely different… He has a good arm just not elite arm strength 

I never said he had elite arm strength … There’s 110 quarterbacks in the NFL and only five or 10 have elite arm strength

Barkley has a noodle arm… Tua Doesnt have elite arm strength… Like most NFL quarterbacks

His throws always seem to have a lot of air under them…especially the outs.  Idk if that’s covered by the definition of ‘arm strength’ though 

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

100% unequivocally

No one is talking about Allen here. So stop with that non sense excuse. 

Tua's strengths don't outweigh his weaknesses. 

The guy is too small, too fragile, poses no running threat to defenses, slow to go through his progressions, throws a mediocre at best long ball, lacks elite arm strength, and often has bad mechanics like throwing off his back foot. 

Strengths a quick accurate system QB. Shows good leadership. 

I mean look who he was throwing to. Ruggs, Juedy, and Waddle. Handing the ball off the Harris and offensive lineman who are now playing in the NFL. Tua was a product of a great Alabama team with elite Wrs, Rbs, and Offensive lineman. His supporting role was unbelievable. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

And I’ve been scouting football players for 30 years making those scouting reports … I don’t see him Saying he has an under average arm … Just that he’s under sized and not a elite arm strength 

Well I would think when you draft a QB 5th overall in an NFL draft you would want someone who has above average arm, can throw the long ball, and isn't a system QB. Kind of like Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, etc..

Tua looks to be a colossal mistake by the Dolphins. I'm not mad about that. 

7 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

No one is talking about Allen here. So stop with that non sense excuse. 

Tua's strengths don't outweigh his weaknesses. 

The guy is too small, too fragile, poses no running threat to defenses, slow to go through his progressions, throws a mediocre at best long ball, lacks elite arm strength, and often has bad mechanics like throwing off his back foot. 

Strengths a quick accurate system QB. Shows good leadership. 

I mean look who he was throwing to. Ruggs, Juedy, and Waddle. Handing the ball off the Harris and offensive lineman who are now playing in the NFL. Tua was a product of a great Alabama team with elite Wrs, Rbs, and Offensive lineman. His supporting role was unbelievable. 

He has more strength than the two you listed

And as Someone who has been coaching and scouting for 30 years I always have players backs 

Especially one who’s been nothing but class

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

Well I would think when you draft a QB 5th overall in an NFL draft you would want someone who has above average arm, can throw the long ball, and isn't a system QB. Kind of like Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, etc..

Tua looks to be a colossal mistake by the Dolphins. I'm not mad about that. 

Most quarterbacks don’t pan out… Not for lack of trying

Who knew Drew Brees would be Drew Brees? This tiny quarterback from Purdue

except Drew and the people that believed in him

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Dislike 2

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Compared to Allen or Stafford ? Yea

Is his arm weak compared to Joe Burrow or Andy Dalton ? No

Burrows is superior to Tua in every category. Stop with your foolish comparasions. The guy led his team to the Super Bowl despite a porous Oline. Tua has done nothing. Stop while you are ahead. 

Edited by newcam2012

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Burrows is superior to Tua in every category. Stop with your foolish comparasions. The guy led his team to the Super Bowl despite a porous Oline. The has done nothing. Stop while you are ahead. 

That has nothing to do with arm strength… Which is what I’m arguing

I saw tua in high school ,college and the pros close to 10 times… I’ve seen burrow in college and the pros close to 10 times

Their arm strength are almost identical

I’m comparing nothing else but the people saying he has a noodle arm… He does not have a noodle arm

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.