Dolphins @ Bengals - TNF Game Thread

Simon

1 minute ago, Thrivefourfive said:

The real problem here with Tua is that he’s tiny and SLOW. He got thrown about like a rag doll, again. And that will continue to happen for the remainder of whatever career he can squeeze out of his very limited physique. The NFL has big string men who wish to do harm, and…. I’ve made my point.  

This could have happened to Allen all the same. It's happened to big QBs before. The problem is the way this whole week has been handled and the concussion on Sunday.

There has to be devastating consequences for this. I don't know if I've ever been this upset about an in game injury before. The circumstances are an actual worst case medical scenario for the human brain. I'm so disgusted with Dolphins fans and the Dolphins staff. I wouldn't give a ***** if we were going to lose however many games in a row if Josh had had his brain scrambled so bad last week that he was walking like he was doing the stanky leg and didn't know where he was on the field.

This is worse than Deflategate. It's damn near criminal.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NyQuil said:

And a quick internet search shows that it is Cincinatti's level one.

Level one is the highest level of a trauma center. Surgeons of various specialities are in house 24/7. Most do surgeries around the clock have specific teams for emergencies. Smaller hospitals that aren't trauma centers usually stop surgeries at a certain time at night and have a call team incase an non-trauma emergency comes in.

i swear twobillsdrive has the some of the most well researched and knowledgeable posters  with all things football and other topics, well done sir

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stevewin said:

It's been crazy seeing "reporters" on NFLN this week parrotting the "back injury" talking point with a straight face - will be interesting to see if there is any actual real discussion now that includes the acknowledgement of what actually happened last Sunday 

Well, you see the dangers of trying to run a democracy when a handful of corporate entities own everything, and all news media is disseminated from basically FIVE (5) sources right now.

It WILL be interesting to see who says what and when.

This is going to be a HUGE thing.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I'm not a firefighter. 😑

I was just there as an audience. The night the warehouse burned down most of the locals turned out to watch and drink beer at the bar on the corner. I was there drinking!

And then the recent fire this week I was working in the area and saw it. 

Looks like there are lots of fire wherever you are around. 

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I always wondered how hockey concussions were months long but football players are back a week later 

Two reasons. One: hockey hits to the head are generally much more violent. Two: the NFL cares more about ratings than players.

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I'm so pissed for Tua the human being.

WTF...

The people who let him go back out there Sunday and suit up tonight ought to be ashamed of themselves.

This is true. But Tua is also an adult. It’s his responsibility to be truthful with the medical staff, assuming Miami coaching staff didn’t fully make up the “back” or “ankle” being hurt. It came from somewhere. That said, it’s up to the coaching staff to know when he’s not being fully truthful. The whole thing should be thoroughly investigated. Disgusted this all has been risked for a game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Decorticate posture

Decorticate posture is an abnormal posturing in which a person is stiff with bent arms, clenched fists, and legs held out straight. The arms are bent in toward the body and the wrists and fingers are bent and held on the chest.

This type of posturing is a sign of severe damage in the brain. People who have this condition should get medical attention right away.

Fencing response is a form of decerebrate posturing https://www.researchgate.net/publication/316747806_The_fencing_response_in_concussions_to_NFL_football_players

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.