Dolphins @ Bengals - TNF Game Thread

Simon

I have suffered from a severe concussion and it is a long term and lingering injury.  When I saw Tua hit his head last week I was sure he was concussed.  Now this injury will intensify the scrutiny on the Miami organization.  I pray for the young man

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Speaking as an attorney, I would be shocked if the announcers have not been told already DO NOT TALK ABOUT THAT.

I mean from big shots at Amazon or whoever is in charge of producing the broadcast tonight

They just won't go there..you watch.

I'd leave it to Keyshawn to say something.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

5 alarm fire isn't the worst. Just a saying for describing a bad fire.  Theoretically there can be infinite numbers of alarms for a fire.

The alarm is just signalling that another firehouse is being brought in for coverage

I have seen a 6 alarm fire. Pretty spectacular when a large abandoned furniture nfactory caught fire. Engines and crews brought in from 20 miles away to cover the 40 acres of buildings. Just Tuesday I saw a 3 alarm fire in the small downtown area when a business caught fire on mainstreet threatening nearby buildings. 

Thank You for the work you do to protect people. Volunteer, or paid, it is still valiant. 

1 minute ago, Protocal69 said:

Not trying to be funny but the difference between how the Bills handled the Dane Jackson and how the Dolphins handled the TUA situation shows you the difference between the LEADERSHIP between the 2 organizations in caring for their players in my opinion.

As much as we want to win it all it is good that when things get serious McDermott recognizes that it is a game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

U of Cinn has an excellent neurology program, that’s what Tua needs right now. 

And a quick internet search shows that it is Cincinatti's level one.

Level one is the highest level of a trauma center. Surgeons of various specialities are in house 24/7. Most do surgeries around the clock have specific teams for emergencies. Smaller hospitals that aren't trauma centers usually stop surgeries at a certain time at night and have a call team incase an non-trauma emergency comes in.

Edited by NyQuil

8 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Don't chase the points till you absolutely need to.

Every single play sheet for every coach says go for 2 in that instance. Has nothing to do with chasing points. It's because 1 point does absolutely nothing for you there.

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

Just a reminder that NHL players will miss an entire season for one concussion. 

Both Lindros brothers. But that was an age without concussion protocols.

Tua was asking what happened on the play that he ended up on a stretcher? Oh boy.

The real problem here with Tua is that he’s tiny and SLOW. He got thrown about like a rag doll, again. And that will continue to happen for the remainder of whatever career he can squeeze out of his very limited physique. The NFL has big strong men who wish to do harm, and…. I’ve made my point.  

Edited by Thrivefourfive
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Decorticate posture

Decorticate posture is an abnormal posturing in which a person is stiff with bent arms, clenched fists, and legs held out straight. The arms are bent in toward the body and the wrists and fingers are bent and held on the chest.

This type of posturing is a sign of severe damage in the brain. People who have this condition should get medical attention right away.

• Sad 1

Just now, CSBill said:

Thank You for the work you do to protect people. Volunteer, or paid, it is still valiant. 

I'm not a firefighter. 😑

I was just there as an audience. The night the warehouse burned down most of the locals turned out to watch and drink beer at the bar on the corner. I was there drinking!

And then the recent fire this week I was working in the area and saw it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, MJS said:

Every single play sheet for every coach says go for 2 in that instance. Has nothing to do with chasing points. It's because 1 point does absolutely nothing for you there.

Until you kick a couple field goals.

That play sheet was originally designed to be used in the 4th quarter only, wasn't it?

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Not trying to be funny but the difference between how the Bills handled the Dane Jackson and how the Dolphins handled the TUA situation shows you the difference between the LEADERSHIP between the 2 organizations in caring for their players in my opinion.

I was just saying I could only imagine if it was Allen and mcd did that. I’d be calling for his firing and I respect mcd more than any coach in the league and not just cause he’s Buffalos coach. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.