Dolphins @ Bengals - TNF Game Thread

Simon

Just now, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

I'm no doctor but isn't "moving his extremities" not so much the issue with a concussion, that's more like a neck/spine concern?

They're b.s. ing. 

They and the NFL want to downplay the head injury. 

2 in 5 days.  

Notice they haven't even said the word concussion 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Beast said:

I don’t know. personally I believe Bridgewater is as good if not better than Tua. I don’t see a downgrade but I am saying that meaning I really haven’t been very impressed with Tua to begin with.

That was my feeling last week. Tua coming back in the game wasn’t about the loss for me. They probably would have been better with teddy out there. 

• Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I don't know how hospitals work.   Is 1 considered high or low in this case?

Serious question.  Like a 5 alarm fire is the worst for firefighters a level 1 could be the same in terms of head trauma. 

5 alarm fire isn't the worst. Just a saying for describing a bad fire.  Theoretically there can be infinite numbers of alarms for a fire.

The alarm is just signalling that another firehouse is being brought in for coverage

I have seen a 6 alarm fire. Pretty spectacular when a large abandoned furniture nfactory caught fire. Engines and crews brought in from 20 miles away to cover the 40 acres of buildings. Just Tuesday I saw a 3 alarm fire in the small downtown area when a business caught fire on mainstreet threatening nearby buildings. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

It's hard to go on thinking about or watching football or caring about this game after that.

Meh. I feel for the guy but I think you are being a tad dramatic with that statement.

I will have no issues watching the second half all the while hoping Tua is OK.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, billybob71 said:

so who is gonna be the first announcer/analyst to say he should have not been out there to begin with? you know they all thinking that 

Speaking as an attorney, I would be shocked if the announcers have not been told already DO NOT TALK ABOUT THAT.

I mean from big shots at Amazon or whoever is in charge of producing the broadcast tonight

They just won't go there..you watch.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6

1 minute ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

I'm no doctor but isn't "moving his extremities" not so much the issue with a concussion, that's more like a neck/spine concern?

I think it's part of the spin to deflect from the fact that he should not have been playing. It "it's a scary neck injury, it could happen to anyone" that's a fluke. Instead of what we saw which was "Miami refused to pull him Week 3 with an obvious concussion, rushed to a short Week 4 game where he took a hit which made the concussion possibly life threatening"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.