Dolphins @ Bengals - TNF Game Thread

Simon

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Well, if he was actually concussed, and therefore not in his right mind, why would you hold him responsible saying that?

Because he clearly had enough cognitive function to finish a football game and he kept up the lie all week. Anyway, much more responsibility lies with the organization and "independent" consult.

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

The highest level of trauma care. In Buffalo, it's ECMC.

1 minute ago, Batman1876 said:

Level 1 is the most serious. But they said it’s near the stadium so he might not be a level 1 trauma. 

1 minute ago, Brian3488 said:

I belive level 4 is the most urgent and level 1 is a local hospital with minimal access to specialty care

Thank you for the edumacation. :beer:

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Nextmanup said:

The argument would be that ALL players want to return to the game and will do/say whatever they can to get back in there.  That's how it always was in the old days.

That's why it's critical to have a league-created system in place to take the decision OUT of the hands of the player.

So in a sense, I would say "NO" you can't blame TUA...the system around him is what failed.

The league has a system where they “prefer the the team approach” and the team physician is present because he can provide “‘more personal information”. 

In theory when Tua says “it’s my back” the NFL is pretending that team physicians are jumping in and going “no no mister independent neuro. He does not have a history of this. Please force him to sit”

Glad he’s able to move. 

Just a reminder that NHL players will miss an entire season for one concussion. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mead107 said:

His head did not bounce like last week. 
Hope Miami gets fined for letting him play this week

Well, it was exactly the same sort of action....he did not hit it nearly as hard as he did last week though.

Was more of a tap that likely would have not bothered him, had he not concussed his head 4 days ago!

• Like (+1) 1

I feel like throwing up.

That was just awful, awful, awful to watch.

It's hard to go on thinking about or watching football or caring about this game after that.

If Tua did have a concussion last week and the Dolphins knew it and allowed him to take the field tonight, I hope they are penalized incredibly heavily. That would constitute potentially murderous negligence. Literally risking a man's life to win a game. Sickening.

I don't even know what else to say. This is horrible. 

Prayers up and fingers crossed for Tua. He seems like a great young man and I really hope he's okay. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 9

Just now, Big Turk said:

Tua gets hurt too much to really be any sort of franchise QB. Not even about this week or last week...every year he is out a few weeks here and there from injuries...

The best ability is availability 

Now is not the ***** time, man. Read the room. 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.