Dolphins @ Bengals - TNF Game Thread

Simon

5 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Sure but players want to play.  That is part of the reason for then “independent” evaluation who can make the correct medical call.  

I can see coaches and medical staff being influenced by a player, but their job is to protect the player, to include from themselves. 

Edited by gflande1
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

hes conscious,  but they didnt report if he was voluntarily moving his arms and legs. its extremely unfortunate, but it seems like he has paralysis.

the fish should have hell to pay, especially with goodell in attendance

I was trying to look for any movement. Looked like they folded his arms up for him and no thumbs up. 

Really scary. 

4 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

We all feel bad for Tua, but wouldn’t he at least own some fraction of the blame for playing through the injury Sunday and today? That’s stubborn and stupid 

The argument would be that ALL players want to return to the game and will do/say whatever they can to get back in there.  That's how it always was in the old days.

That's why it's critical to have a league-created system in place to take the decision OUT of the hands of the player.

So in a sense, I would say "NO" you can't blame TUA...the system around him is what failed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, The Wiz said:

I don't know how hospitals work.   Is 1 considered high or low in this case?

Serious question.  Like a 5 alarm fire is the worst for firefighters a level 1 could be the same in terms of head trauma. 

Level 1 is the most serious. But they said it’s near the stadium so he might not be a level 1 trauma. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Every time they show McDaniel now all I can think about is how he knowingly put a player he knew was concussed out there and lied about it.  How can players respect that guy now 

But Tua would be the one answering any questions. Maybe he didn’t give a hoot and wanted to play? Ya the coach should’ve said sit down we got this. If they actually cared about his well being. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.