Dolphins @ Bengals - TNF Game Thread

Simon

Every time they show McDaniel now all I can think about is how he knowingly put a player he knew was concussed out there and lied about it.  How can players respect that guy now 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Just now, Nextmanup said:

My feed just cut out at a bad time!  

What did the female reporter say?  "HE has suffered head and neck injuries...."

And THEN WHAT?  Anything interesting?  I missed that part.

he went to a local Level 1 trauma center.  He is conscious, which is good news at least.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Shake_My_Head said:

Decorticate posture is an abnormal posturing in which a person is stiff with bent arms, clenched fists, and legs held out straight. The arms are bent in toward the body and the wrists and fingers are bent and held on the chest. This type of posturing is a sign of severe damage in the brain.

https://www.google.com/search?q="decorticate+posturing&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS838US838&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I've seen MANY concussions in sporting events like this where the player will be lying flat on his back, OUT COLD, but holding up one arm like he's reaching up to be picked up.

It's sickening to see that stuff.

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

How are we so stupid in 2022?!?!?!?

LOL

This is FOOTBALL!  That's how.

We took Bates out in the Dolphins game when we really needed O-linemen. In the playoff game against the Ravens they took Lamar out. Don't know if it's that cut and dry as all of football.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, stevewin said:

Every time they show McDaniel now all I can think about is how he knowingly put a player he knew was concussed out there and lied about it.  How can players respect that guy now 

Come on, that's the culture of the league.  Everyone does that all the time.  Maybe not with head trauma, but still....they likely just think "Good for Tua...he's a "warrior""  and similar football player idiocy..

• Dislike 2

Risks of Decorticate Posturing

Decorticate posturing signals serious brain damage. That damage can lead to death if you don’t get medical help quickly. Decorticate posturing can also lead to decerebrate posturing. Decerebrate posturing happens with more severe health problems.‌

You may not fully recover from the issues causing decorticate posturing. Brain damage can cause lasting symptoms. After you receive treatment, you might still have paralysis, seizures, headaches, and other problems.

https://www.webmd.com/brain/what-is-decorticate-posturing

• Sad 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

My feed just cut out at a bad time!  

What did the female reporter say?  "HE has suffered head and neck injuries...."

And THEN WHAT?  Anything interesting?  I missed that part.

They took him to a level 1 trauma center less than a mile from the stadium. She didn't say, but that would be UC Hospital, the only level 1 trauma center in Cincinnati.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Second concussion in 5 days? You bet.

I mean, I asked my wife is seizures are a symptom of concussions and I got a "not commonly"

The tremors we saw are absolutely keeping with two concussions in five days. 

Yes, I am still salty about losing, but everyone and their mother knew that Tua was concussed on Sunday. Everyone in the NFL knows the risks that come with them. Everyone knows that concussions can be aggravated if hit again before you heal. Everyone knew what the schedule looked like. If the Dolphins had long term aspirations, they trust Bridgewater for a game and a half.

They didn't. I will shed no tears at the result.

4 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Was Milano ever fined for a late/aggressive hit or was it legal? 

I don’t think fines have been announced yet. Allen is expecting he’ll get fined, and we haven’t heard anything on that yet. I think it’s usually Friday’s those come out. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.