Tavon Austin is the new scout team Lamar

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Look, if you go back to what I said about Lamar Jackson back in 2017-2018, my opinion hasn’t changed. He’s a great ground and pound QB, but you should dump him at 30. Dude has only thrown for 3,000 yds once in his career. His high TD total is because he’s a gimmicky QB in a gimmicky offense. With that said, he was great value where the Ravens got him and he’s the 2nd best QB in that draft behind Josh Allen. I’m not going to sit here and go back-and-forth with you for 7 or 8 pages on this though. I’ll give you the last word.

I’m going back to where you called Lamar a glorified Tyrod Taylor.  Your take is bad.  Move on or dwell.  Up to you

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You’re too emotional.  

Lamar Jackson is much better than Tyrod Taylor.  Meaning he isn’t a gloried Tyrod Taylor

He’s good, I admitted that and I already knew that, but my whole point was that Lamar plays ball like Tyrod Taylor. You’re being grossly disingenuous in an intentionally dishonest way if you’re saying that I don’t think Lamar is better. I’m just angry that you’re misrepresenting everything that I’ve said in a dishonest way so you can win some kind of argument.

If he blows an ACL his career as a starter is over, that’s all I’m saying. He’s scaring absolutely nobody as a pocket passer, but for now he is a known commodity, but for how long will that last? 

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

He’s good, I admitted that and I already knew that, but my whole point was that Lamar plays ball like Tyrod Taylor. You’re being grossly disingenuous in an intentionally dishonest way if you’re saying that I don’t think Lamar is better. I’m just angry that you’re misrepresenting everything that I’ve said in a dishonest way so you can win some kind of argument.

If he blows an ACL his career as a starter is over, that’s all I’m saying. He’s scaring absolutely nobody as a pocket passer, but for now he is a known commodity, but for how long will that last? 

Ok.  Glorified is a bad choice of words and that was my issue 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

He threw for multiple 4000 yds in college without a NFL caliber WR on his team. The narrative of him and Josh Allen coming out of college was incorrect. 

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

He threw for multiple 4000 yds in college without a NFL caliber WR on his team. The narrative of him and Josh Allen coming out of college was incorrect. 

How many times has he thrown for 4,000 yds in the pros? Or even 3,000 yds? I’m not going to lie, if there was a redraft and Josh was gone, I’d take Lamar at 7, don’t get it twisted, but the longevity of his career, at least as a starter is that of a locust. Running QBs don’t last a long time unless they’re good passing QBs as well.

2 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

How many times has he thrown for 4,000 yds in the pros? Or even 3,000 yds? I’m not going to lie, if there was a redraft and Josh was gone, I’d take Lamar at 7, don’t get it twisted, but the longevity of his career, at least as a starter is that of a locust. Running QBs don’t last a long time unless they’re good passing QBs as well.

I blame his playing style on Greg Roman!! Roman was the OC with Tyrod. Maybe it's time for the Ravens to make a change

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.