Tavon Austin is the new scout team Lamar

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

I am truly sorry.. please accept my apology for going off script a tiny bit.. I need a refresher course of "Thread Decorum" 

I don't know about that, but you might need to simply chill out.  Geez.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

21 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Lamar is a glorified Tyrod Taylor. He’s a better runner and a better passer, maybe a top 10-15 talent but nothing special. He’s an ACL tear away from being a backup QB. His passing TD statistics are overinflated because of his use of the RPO. Sure, he’s solid but I would not pay this guy $40M/yr if I I’m Baltimore.

He’s the most dangerous dual threat at the QB position and has a league MVP to his name. With that said, he’s never really gone off on the Bills. Let’s hope this ages well…

22 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Lamar is a glorified Tyrod Taylor. He’s a better runner and a better passer, maybe a top 10-15 talent but nothing special. He’s an ACL tear away from being a backup QB. His passing TD statistics are overinflated because of his use of the RPO. Sure, he’s solid but I would not pay this guy $40M/yr if I I’m Baltimore.

This story is getting old, the guy is a great player, I agree if you mean he’s top 10-15 player in the league, but as a QB? C’mon.  He’s an average passer, but that dual threat is insane.  Is he an injury away from having to recreate himself? Yep.  Would I pay him? Nope.  That said, he’s not average.

This story is getting old, the guy is a great player, I agree if you mean he’s top 10-15 player in the league, but as a QB? C’mon.  He’s an average passer, but that dual threat is insane.  Is he an injury away from having to recreate himself? Yep.  Would I pay him? Nope.  That said, he’s not average.

@NewEra get him!

I mean, he has been passing it really well this year. He leads the league in passer rating.

He seems to be getting better and better as a passer. In previous seasons I would have agreed with you, but he is developing nicely. He still struggles outside the numbers, though.

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

@NewEra get him!

lol.  Tyrod Taylor. 🙄  You and @Victory Formation are just showing the board how little you know about football.  No offense VF.  Lamar is a very good QB.  Not elite imo….. but several tiers ahead of TT.  You disagree…and show us how little you know 👏🏻 

Top 2 MVP candidates- 

Leading the league in TDs.  
Leading the league in YPA

Leading the league in YPC

5th in the league in rushing

Ahead of Josh in QBR- #2 in the league

3rd in red zone scoring

2nd in yards per drop back

Accounting for 85% of the teams offense.  When he won mvp, he accounted for 65%.  

All behind a terrible OL and flanked by bum RBs. 1 good WR and 1 very good TE.

Not a top 5 QB imo, but to compare him to TT shows ignorance  

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

lol.  Tyrod Taylor. 🙄  You and @Victory Formation are just showing the board how little you know about football.  No offense VF.  Lamar is a very good QB.  Not elite imo….. but several tiers ahead of TT.  You disagree…and show us how little you know 👏🏻 

Top 2 MVP candidates- 

3rd in red zone scoring

Accounting for 85% of the teams offense.  When he won mvp, he accounted for 65%.  

Ok.

• Dislike 1

Just now, Victory Formation said:

Ok.

You called him a “glorified TT”

I stopped at that.  If you think he’s a glorified TT, then you either don’t know what glorified means or you don’t know much about football.  He’s so ridiculously better than TT.  It’s a just terrible comparison and word to use (glorified)

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I stopped at that.  If you think he’s a glorified TT, then you either don’t know what glorified means or you don’t know much about football.  He’s so ridiculously better than TT.  It’s a just terrible comparison and word to use (glorified)

Ok.

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Look. I got blasted for about a year and a half for believing that Josh Allen would eventually be a top 5 QB when he first got drafted. Even though I was right I caught flak for it short term (if you can call it that). Here we are 5 years later and I still haven’t received any credit from the people who trolled me. No credit at all, it’s like they evaporated into thin air like a bad fart. I have no time for back-and-forths anymore. I’m bored and I can’t get emotionally invested.

17 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Look. I got blasted for about a year and a half for believing that Josh Allen would eventually be a top 5 QB when he first got drafted. Even though I was right I caught flak for it short term (if you can call it that). Here we are 5 years later and I still haven’t received any credit from the people who trolled me. No credit at all, it’s like they evaporated into thin air like a bad fart. I have no time for back-and-forths anymore. I’m bored and I can’t get emotionally invested.

Sheesh.  Man seeking message board cred.

What does this have to do with calling Lamar Jackson a glorified TT?  

Josh Allen is a god.  I said that.  I didn’t even get a nickname for saying that.  I wasn’t even looking for cred. Just a cool nickname.  

57 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You have to wonder what they have been watching for anyone saying Lamar is a glorified Tyrod 

Just now, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

You have to wonder what they have been watching for anyone saying Lamar is a glorified Tyrod 

Yeah, I really do wonder.  It’s crazy how someone could really think that.  It’s such a terrible generalization.  

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Top 2 MVP candidates- 

3rd in red zone scoring

It was just your bat signal my dude.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Sheesh.  Man seeking message board cred.

What does this have to do with calling Lamar Jackson a glorified TT?  

Josh Allen is a god.  I said that.  I didn’t even get a nickname for saying that.  I wasn’t even looking for cred. Just a cool nickname.  

Look, if you go back to what I said about Lamar Jackson back in 2017-2018, my opinion hasn’t changed. He’s a great ground and pound QB, but you should dump him at 30. Dude has only thrown for 3,000 yds once in his career. His high TD total is because he’s a gimmicky QB in a gimmicky offense. With that said, he was great value where the Ravens got him and he’s the 2nd best QB in that draft behind Josh Allen. I’m not going to sit here and go back-and-forth with you for 7 or 8 pages on this though. I’ll give you the last word.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.