Bills Backers in Denver

Just in Atlanta

1 hour ago, Just in Atlanta said:

The wife and I are in Denver Sunday and I'm hoping to catch the Baltimore game. 

Is Jackson's LODO Bar and Grill the best spot to watch the Bills? 

Never been to Denver before. Looking forward to it. 

It's been the place to go for a long time.  I seldom get up there anymore and I miss that.

1 hour ago, Just in Atlanta said:

The wife and I are in Denver Sunday and I'm hoping to catch the Baltimore game. 

Is Jackson's LODO Bar and Grill the best spot to watch the Bills? 

Never been to Denver before. Looking forward to it. 

I have watched a couple of games there over the years, it is a fun experience. (And Denver is awesome, you will love it) 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

I'll be there! I'll be curious how it compares to Atlanta's and Manhattan's Bills bars. 

Look for the couple wearing Bills gear. (joke)

Now taking recommendations for No. 1 thing to see while there. Got Pike's Peak / Garden of the Gods and some sushi place called Temaki Den so far. 

If you happen to be in the Springs Back East Bar and Grill on Briar Village (they have/had a couple locations) is full of Bills fans.

Olympic Museum is just "okay", and the Air Force Academy is cool to see (not sure of access these days).  Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is a pretty cool/unique zoo on the side of a mountain, has great views.  I toured the Olympic Training Center about 15 years ago and that was awesome - not sure of access these days.

Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak are definitely the biggest draws in town which you've already got on your list 

• Like (+1) 1

Yes. I remember going to games during the drought at the original gigantic Lodo's on Market and Bills fans were 100+ deep. Great scene with a ton of fans, very few of us are actually from Colorado thus the "Native" bumper sticker that you may encounter. You should have a blast.

Temaki Den is about as good as it gets (Sushi Den is also great, same owners but a little different). That whole RiNo district you'll be in is pretty interesting, has changed a ton over the last decade. You could burn a day around there easy, maybe two if you want to brewery hop (and/or dispensary hop).

There's also a lot going on in the South Broadway neighborhood and Congress Park along Colfax which I guess they call the Blue Bird District now after a historic indie music theater. I'm a dad who hasn't been out much in years and this city changes every month.

Meow Wolf is this crazy new interactive art museum / almost art amusement park / acid trip? It's really hard to describe but it's gigantic, right near Mile High, and everybody loves it. I haven't been to the Denver location but I've gone to the original one in Santa Fe and it's really unlike anything I've ever been to. It was kind of like the game Myst in real life if that makes any sense.

If you have time to travel outside of Denver a bit then yeah Garden of the Gods is great, maybe even mandatory if you've never been near mountains or rock formations. But note it's well south of Denver near the Springs. You can also go the other way toward Boulder which I think is equally if not more interesting if you've never been. Flatirons are great for outdoors, Pearl Street great for people watching, booze, shops. I'd choose Garden of the Gods if it's your absolute first time near Colorado, but both are worth it if you have time. Hope you enjoy!

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2022 at 12:48 AM, Nelius said:

Yes. I remember going to games during the drought at the original gigantic Lodo's on Market and Bills fans were 100+ deep. Great scene with a ton of fans, very few of us are actually from Colorado thus the "Native" bumper sticker that you may encounter. You should have a blast.

Temaki Den is about as good as it gets (Sushi Den is also great, same owners but a little different). That whole RiNo district you'll be in is pretty interesting, has changed a ton over the last decade. You could burn a day around there easy, maybe two if you want to brewery hop (and/or dispensary hop).

There's also a lot going on in the South Broadway neighborhood and Congress Park along Colfax which I guess they call the Blue Bird District now after a historic indie music theater. I'm a dad who hasn't been out much in years and this city changes every month.

Meow Wolf is this crazy new interactive art museum / almost art amusement park / acid trip? It's really hard to describe but it's gigantic, right near Mile High, and everybody loves it. I haven't been to the Denver location but I've gone to the original one in Santa Fe and it's really unlike anything I've ever been to. It was kind of like the game Myst in real life if that makes any sense.

If you have time to travel outside of Denver a bit then yeah Garden of the Gods is great, maybe even mandatory if you've never been near mountains or rock formations. But note it's well south of Denver near the Springs. You can also go the other way toward Boulder which I think is equally if not more interesting if you've never been. Flatirons are great for outdoors, Pearl Street great for people watching, booze, shops. I'd choose Garden of the Gods if it's your absolute first time near Colorado, but both are worth it if you have time. Hope you enjoy!

Meow Wolf was even crazier than I thought it was. Such a bizarre and wonderful spot.

First time at a dispensary. It’s like picking out candy. I actually can’t believe how inexpensive it was. 

Garden of the Gods was amazing as expected. And Bills fans were deep at Jackson’s. What a great game to watch, too.

Just now, Just in Atlanta said:

Meow Wolf was even crazier than I thought it was. Such a bizarre and wonderful spot.

First time at a dispensary. It’s like picking out candy. I actually can’t believe how inexpensive it was. 

Garden of the Gods was amazing as expected. And Bills fans were deep at Jackson’s. What a great game to watch, too.

At Temaki Den, I had probably the best Japanese whiskey I’ve ever had in my life. Nikka single malt. Melts in your mouth. The sushi wasn’t bad either.

On 9/30/2022 at 12:44 AM, Just Jack said:

Garden Of The Gods is cool.  You can also check out Red Rocks and stand on the stage if there is no concert/event scheduled.  Buffalo Rose Saloon, the oldest bar in Colorado, is a short drive away in Golden, home of Coors. The Buckhorn Exchange Steakhouse is a pretty cool place to get dinner. 

I wanted to check out red rocks but we never got the time. If we ever go back it’s first on our agenda.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/29/2022 at 3:28 PM, co_springs_billsfan said:

If you happen to be in the Springs Back East Bar and Grill on Briar Village (they have/had a couple locations) is full of Bills fans.

Olympic Museum is just "okay", and the Air Force Academy is cool to see (not sure of access these days).  Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is a pretty cool/unique zoo on the side of a mountain, has great views.  I toured the Olympic Training Center about 15 years ago and that was awesome - not sure of access these days.

Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak are definitely the biggest draws in town which you've already got on your list 

I did pass the Academy on the way to pikes peak and garden of the gods but didn’t get a chance to stop in. I’m ex Air Force (enlisted) so it was cool to pass at least.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.