Bills Backers in Erie, PA

Dave in Avon Lake now

Sorry I'm late to this, but went to supposed Bills Backer bar in Erie to watch Dolphins game as Cincinnati games preempt Buffalo in Ohio.  Anyways, the list said a place called the Colony Bar & Grill was a Bills Backers bar.   We got there about 11:30 and were surprised the place was kind of dead.  We saw another car with a group of Bills fans so went in only to find out they were not as advertised.  They told us about another sports bar nearby called Odis 12 and we went there.  Turned out it was more like a Buffalo Wild Wings with many games on but at least had a big screen.  Turns out it was supposedly a Dolphins bar.

Our friends we met at the Colony led by Tracy (a Bills season ticket holder from Buffalo) were in town as one of her friends daughters went to College there.   I tested them to come as the bartender at the Colony was rude and they showed up.  We cheered loudly in the first half to drown out Dolphin backers, but my wife and I decided to leave at halftime as we were staying at the Courtyard Bayfront and watched the rest of the game there.

Sorry for the long story, but I was wondering if there is a real Bills Backers bar in Erie.  I'm coming for the Browns game in Buffalo and hope to see Tracy and the gang while we are there.

The Bills backers map shows four locations, but one is listed twice...

Erie County, PA Bills Backers
The Colony Pub & Grille
2670 W. 8th St. Erie
Erie, PA 16505

(Jim) Kelly's Heroes
Erie Ale Works
416 West 12th Street
Erie, PA 16501

Badazbillz
The Arena BBQ and Pizza
2311 Wagner Ave
Erie, PA 16510

Wife and I were travelling through Erie during a Bills game one time, and stopped at The Colony.  Like three people in there were Bills fans, said "Go Bills", met by stony stares and silence.  Bills scored, we started yelling, again, stony stares and silence.  We left at half time and went to the Bdubs in Erie.  Way better atmosphere.  The Colony is a joke.  It has no business being on any list of Bills Backers Bars.

I live about 10 min south of Erie. Theres no Bills bars of note. Doesnt really need to be, honestly. It's a large melting pot of Browns, Bills, and Steeler fans almost anywhere you go. You can basically walk into any Sports bar and run into a solid group of all the aforementioned. Always a bit more "Stiller" fans, but plenty of Bills supporters.

I lived in Erie for 28 years before moving back to WNY.  The Colony used to have about 20 folks that would come for Bills games.  I went a couple of times, but at that time smoking was allowed in bars and restaurants and I would feel physically ill from attending so I stopped going.  It wouldn't surprise  me that it became inactive over time.

4 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I live about 10 min south of Erie. Theres no Bills bars of note. Doesnt really need to be, honestly. It's a large melting pot of Browns, Bills, and Steeler fans almost anywhere you go. You can basically walk into any Sports bar and run into a solid group of all the aforementioned. Always a bit more "Stiller" fans, but plenty of Bills supporters.

There should be studies done about Erie. It does truly seem to be an equal blend of Steelers, bills, and browns fans.  Doesn’t seem to be any place like it from a football fan perspective.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Bandito said:

I am sure not a popular opinion but backers bars are too much for me. Lots of people there just wanting to get drunk and cheer every time the team gets a 2 yard run. Places are often overcrowded and it is not a fun atmosphere

Every place is different I guess. In Boston the Harp can hold hundreds and it's a great place to be.

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

There should be studies done about Erie. It does truly seem to be an equal blend of Steelers, bills, and browns fans.  Doesn’t seem to be any place like it from a football fan perspective.  

I mean, it does make sense in theory. Its almost right in the middle of all 3. But I would contend theres noticably more Pitt fans than the other 2. But there truly is a good blend... it may just be Pitts fans have been the more vocal/obnoxious/self righteous of the group and thats why it feels that way. 

I can tell you one thing. Bills and Browns fans around here have always gotten along great due to franchise ineptitude and hatred of the Pitt. There was a good 15 year span there where if you saw somebody rocking Bills or Browns gear you knew you could relate to one another and understood they were a legit loyal fan dealing with what both fan bases have dealt with.

• 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.