Which offense will be impacted more by wet conditions? [snip]

Royale with Cheese

33 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He had 3 fumbles. 

He’s a known fumbler. 

Aren't 2 of his 3 fumbles from his center screwing up the snap? And again, the other was a blind side strip sack which no qb in the league avoids lol

in his last 22 games, the guy has 11 "fumbles," plenty of which are center screw ups. This seems pretty typical to me 

49 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

A 1/4 inch of rain is just a light rain if it is a steady rain. And those are gusts of 10-20 mph, not a steady wind. If we lose this game, I don’t think it will be the weather. Just don’t leave it up to a FG.

Weather Schmeather lol HARUMPH

"Oh it's raining" LOL   

Since when have WNYers  gotten allll concerned about inclement weather/ I'll answer. Its when we are in the aftermath of  mother natures'  hotness in Miami. She's a fickle biotch. I bet the bills will welcome rain after last weeks debacle. Just NO Illnessses.........ahen Dion Dawkins.

Im still in some shell shock about all the roster changes/ injuries though Oh Dear 😞 

20 minutes ago, eball said:

Excuse me?  If you are blaming either the bad snap at the end of the 1st half or the ball that slipped out of his hand on 4th down as being indicative of a "fumbling problem" then I'm not sure you know what you're watching.

Fumbling is a problem. 

1 minute ago, arcane said:

Aren't 2 of his 3 fumbles from his center screwing up the snap? And again, the other was a blind side strip sack which no qb in the league avoids lol

in his last 22 games, the guy has 11 "fumbles," plenty of which are center screw ups. This seems pretty typical to me 

I worry about fumbles in wet games. Allen himself said he hates a wet football.

I don’t think we’ve gotten the best play from Allen when it’s raining.

• Eyeroll 2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We obviously throw the ball a lot and the Ravens are currently 26th in passing attempts.  Surprisingly they are 19th in rushing attempts.  Seems like they're a big play offense and not manufacturing long drives down the field.  

I would guess we would have a similar strategy as the Rams game with getting the ball out quick...not throwing as much down the field.

What do you guys think?

Don’t you have something better to do than to copy this silly long winded style 

Asking for a friend 

Nice jim carrey kidding GIF by Showtime

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Stop with the long thread titles.  Not even close to being amusing. 👎🏻

Good to see I’m not the only one 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Fumbling is a problem. 

Over the last 20 months (~22 game span for these two), Patrick Mahomes has 10 fumbles and Josh Allen has 11. Joe Burrow has 8, in less games played. Lamar had 7, but had 12 and 10 in two individual years just before that point. Roethlisberger has 16, Derek Carr has 15, and Kirk Cousins has 13. 

Again, Josh's fumbling seems pretty typical. His fumbling numbers aren't as low as Brady, Rodgers, or Wilson, but they aren't trailing the pack by any stretch of the imagination. And it is enlightening that those three QBs are the example of the next tier above - old guys who have compiled wisdom that only time can bring, and who get the ball out quick

Edited by arcane
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I worry about fumbles in wet games. Allen himself said he hates a wet football.

I don’t think we’ve gotten the best play from Allen when it’s raining.

We definitely don't get his best play, but I don't think we are more disadvantaged than Lamar in regards to fumbling, because he has a history of fumbles on the same level as Josh's. Thinking back to our last few rainy games - Houston last year, at KC in the regular season, Baltimore in playoffs, vs Pittsburgh on MNF in 2020, vs NE in November 2020, vs Chiefs in 2020 at home...Allen wasn't always great, but he was often very good and sometimes great, and we only lost one of those games. 

4 minutes ago, arcane said:

Over the last 20 months (~22 game span for these two), Patrick Mahomes has 10 fumbles and Josh Allen has 11. Joe Burrow has 8, in less games played. Lamar had 7, but had 12 and 10 in two individual years just before that point. Roethlisberger has 16, Derek Carr has 15, and Kirk Cousins has 13. 

Again, Josh's fumbling seems pretty typical. His fumbling numbers aren't as low as Brady, Rodgers, or Wilson, but they aren't trailing the pack by any stretch of the imagination. And it is enlightening that those three QBs are the example of the next tier above - old guys who have compiled wisdom that only time can bring, and who get the ball out quick

I know all the stats. Hopefully 🤞 it’s not an issue. So far it’s cost us a game.

• Disagree 2

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I know all the stats. Hopefully 🤞 it’s not an issue. So far it’s cost us a game.

I’ll blame whoever whiffed on that pass block before I’ll blame an Allen fumble on that play. His arm was in throwing motion. It’s no more a fumble than the pass that McKenzie coughed up in the opener was an interception. 

• SDS changed the title to Which offense will be impacted more by wet conditions? [snip]
2 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I’ll blame whoever whiffed on that pass block before I’ll blame an Allen fumble on that play. His arm was in throwing motion. It’s no more a fumble than the pass that McKenzie coughed up in the opener was an interception. 

Fumble was a mental error by Allen as well. Allen made some key mistakes that cost the Bills the game. But we all know he carries this  offense. We go as he goes.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

Looks like light to moderate rain with mild to moderate wind.

Those conditions shouldn't take either team out of what they want to do.  

Both teams are extremely reliant upon their QB.  We have no traditional running game and clearly would rather not run Allen.  Baltimore has no traditional run game, but will run Lamar. 

Maybe the wet conditions slow the field down a bit, in which case Baltimore is the one with burners in Lamar and Duvernay.  Some wind could affect the intermediate to deep passing game... We know Allen can cut through it.. Can Lamar?  That's grasping though.. I'm sure there's disadvantages for us in this type of weather game also... Most don't associate a team that literally cannot run the ball as a team that's going to be successful in poor conditions - however - we have Allen, who can throw in any conditions.  

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Fumble was a mental error by Allen as well. Allen made some key mistakes that cost the Bills the game. But we all know he carries this  offense. We go as he goes.

They caught him off guard with blitzes a few times, but even on that one, it required Dawkins getting beat and Singletary missing a block for the sack to happen. So it's not like allen didn't have protections set right. He had two guys in Ingram's way. In totality, Allen torched the blitz- 13 of 17 or something like that, ~150 yards, 2 tds. And a fumble. For a game full of cover zero blitzes, this is probably near the best case scenario you can hope for. Watch allen vs NE in week 4 of 2019 if you want to see how something like that would go for typical qbs. 

So no, that fumble wasn't some troublesome, unique-to-Allen problem

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, arcane said:

They caught him off guard with blitzes a few times, but even on that one, it required Dawkins getting beat and Singletary missing a block for the sack to happen. So it's not like allen didn't have protections set right. He had two guys in Ingram's way. In totality, Allen torched the blitz- 13 of 17 or something like that, ~150 yards, 2 tds. And a fumble. For a game full of cover zero blitzes, this is probably near the best case scenario you can hope for. Watch allen vs NE in week 4 of 2019 if you want to see how something like that would go for typical qbs. 

So no, that fumble wasn't some troublesome, unique-to-Allen problem

I think wet footballs aren’t the best thing for Allen from what I’ve seen of him in wet games. I’m definitely worried about ball security from Allen in a wet game.  

1 hour ago, MJS said:

20 mile per hour winds is a lot.

Its not really that bad.  I think the Titans game was 10-20.

This is a grass field so it could get muddy out there.  I think rain and mud might slow people down some.  I think that is advantage Bills if Lamar is slowed down some.

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Its not really that bad.  I think the Titans game was 10-20.

This is a grass field so it could get muddy out there.  I think rain and mud might slow people down some.  I think that is advantage Bills if Lamar is slowed down some.

The advantage usually goes to the offense because it takes longer for defenders to react.

Wind is a more serious concern to the passing game...rain is actually a benefit to the offense as they know where they are going and can plant better versus defenders who have to react and are likely to slip more.

Heavy rain can also slow down faster players like Jackson which in theory acts as somewhat of an equalizer in that department

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.