Which offense will be impacted more by wet conditions? [snip]

Royale with Cheese

We obviously throw the ball a lot and the Ravens are currently 26th in passing attempts.  Surprisingly they are 19th in rushing attempts.  Seems like they're a big play offense and not manufacturing long drives down the field.  

I would guess we would have a similar strategy as the Rams game with getting the ball out quick...not throwing as much down the field.

What do you guys think?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Allen was able to throw the ball just fine in that "wind game" vs NE last year. 10-20 MPH isn't that bad. As for the rain that would probably hurt LJ more with his running in slippery conditions. Even though it will hurt Allen's running he is a better passer than LJ. He doesn't rely on the run as much as LJ does.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We obviously throw the ball a lot and the Ravens are currently 26th in passing attempts.  Surprisingly they are 19th in rushing attempts.  Seems like they're a big play offense and not manufacturing long drives down the field.  

I would guess we would have a similar strategy as the Rams game with getting the ball out quick...not throwing as much down the field.

What do you guys think?

Are you competing with @chris hefffor longest post title?

Titles should be exactly that and not a synopsis of the thread

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

A 1/4 inch of rain is just a light rain if it is a steady rain. And those are gusts of 10-20 mph, not a steady wind. If we lose this game, I don’t think it will be the weather. Just don’t leave it up to a FG.

I agree. It’s probably not going to be bad enough to impact the game. If it does I’d say advantage Bills. Specifically if Lamar can’t make his usual cuts and if it eliminates RBs from making cutbacks it’s a big advantage to Buffalo. I don’t know that it’ll be enough rain for that tho. 

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No more long thread titles.

I think speed is weakened on a wet field. I would say advantage Buffalo. 

Allen’s fumbling has become a problem again though so it’s a wash.

Allen's fumbling is a problem when he's dropping it while running. I don't think that's happened once this year. He lost the ball on a blind side strip sack during which any qb in the league fumbles, he was cocking his arm to throw.

• Agree 4

19 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

A 1/4 inch of rain is just a light rain if it is a steady rain. And those are gusts of 10-20 mph, not a steady wind. If we lose this game, I don’t think it will be the weather. Just don’t leave it up to a FG.

Since this is the Bills we are talking about make sure its a 2 score game by the time we get to the 4th quarter. We all know how those one score games go :)

Edited by Greg S

4 minutes ago, eball said:

It has? Because of one blind side sack?

He had 3 fumbles. 

8 minutes ago, arcane said:

Allen's fumbling is a problem when he's dropping it while running. I don't think that's happened once this year. He lost the ball on a blind side strip sack during which any qb in the league fumbles, he was cocking his arm to throw.

He’s a known fumbler. 

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He had 3 fumbles. 

Excuse me?  If you are blaming either the bad snap at the end of the 1st half or the ball that slipped out of his hand on 4th down as being indicative of a "fumbling problem" then I'm not sure you know what you're watching.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

No more long thread titles.

I think speed is weakened on a wet field. I would say advantage Buffalo. 

Allen’s fumbling has become a problem again though so it’s a wash.

So we're all of a sudden back to 2018 because of a blind side sack and 2 back up centers?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.