Tailgate Walk-Ins? Bills VS Steelers

G1BBONS

Long time Bills fan, first game ever. Going to the Bills VS Steelers game. The wife and I plus 2 other couples are staying at an AirBnB in Tonawanda. I’d like to take an Uber to somewhere within walking distance of the stadium (Southwestern & Abbot?) and then walk from there taking in the tailgate festivities along the way. I have a few questions.

1. Do any of the tailgates allow walk ins? We have no problem paying, just not sure if we can come in without a car.

2. If we want to get to the corner of Southwestern and Abbot without gridlock traffic, what time should we be there? This is a 1:00pm game.

Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions you can offer. We’re flying in from Saskatchewan for this game. I’ve been a diehard Bills fan for over 20 years now. I don’t want to miss out on the tailgate experience if I can help it. 

Thanks,

Adam

You can walk in any of the lots as far as I know. We will be in Hammers, feel free to join us . In term of traffic, i am not sure what time as i am usually there way before any traffic builds. But i would guess leaving Tonawanda by 8:30 you should be good. 

As a heads up, Ubers after the game are a real pain, i would plan on being there for 90-120 minutes to get one 

18 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

You can walk in any of the lots as far as I know. We will be in Hammers, feel free to join us . In term of traffic, i am not sure what time as i am usually there way before any traffic builds. But i would guess leaving Tonawanda by 8:30 you should be good. 

As a heads up, Ubers after the game are a real pain, i would plan on being there for 90-120 minutes to get one 

Is this the official thread for the Bills-Steelers tailgate?

If it is, I will be there and I need one parking space.

• Vomit 1

Yet another question…

Me and the rest of my party were hoping to grab some drinks and food after the game someplace within walking distance of the stadium. We aren’t picky. My fear is that every place within walking distance after the game will be packed and we wont get a table anywhere.

Should we even try to grab a beer and food after the game? What are the Restaraunts/bars like post game?

Thanks again!

On 10/4/2022 at 11:25 PM, G1BBONS said:

Thanks for the replies. Hammers is the lot we had in mind. Cannot wait!!!

is Hammers right on Abbot?

It is. If walking from Southwestern, pats the stadium, pats the RV lot, and then it’s right into Hammers on the right. Getting dropped off at Southwetern typically is a bit easier than coming up Big Tree. 

On 10/5/2022 at 12:06 AM, G1BBONS said:

Yet another question…

Me and the rest of my party were hoping to grab some drinks and food after the game someplace within walking distance of the stadium. We aren’t picky. My fear is that every place within walking distance after the game will be packed and we wont get a table anywhere.

Should we even try to grab a beer and food after the game? What are the Restaraunts/bars like post game?

Thanks again!

Oneils and Prohibition at the Southwestern  end of Abbott, Danny’s and Big Tree on the Big Tree end of Abbott. Can’t say I have gone either after game, but my gut would be within an hour would be fine. We also tailgate pretty hard after game. Make sure to come see the folks from TBD. We will be tight in front of the white shed on the left front of Hammers.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.