All-22 Grades for Bills/Dolphins (The Athletic)

HappyDays

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Actually nm here is the picture.  This is the reason he moves left.

1629752901_ScreenShot2022-09-29at11_56_15AM.png.e56d7d053b1ee81c511eff7cc68daca1.png

The point is it’s a cover 0 blitz. 8v7. The QB will not have time.

Look at the routes. I hate this play vs that pressure. I think the QB needs to see that. 

I agree he drifts due to the frontside pressure, but it made Hollands path to the QBs backside very easy.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The point is it’s a cover 0 blitz. 8v7. The QB will not have time.

Look at the routes. I hate this play vs that pressure. I think the QB needs to see that. 

I agree he drifts due to the frontside pressure, but it made Hollands path to the QBs backside very easy.

But he would have had time if Dawkins and or Singletary make the block.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

99% Allen 1 % blocking. Watch his feet. 8v7.  Inside out. It’s football 101.

Look at where he starts his drop vs where he finished his drop.

3F5FB790-8A37-4C21-9439-1F7B9D5CFD30.jpeg

EE24F12A-B8F6-4716-A16D-533ED65FB16C.jpeg

This is all on blocking Allen did nothing wrong. You expect your line to holdup for longer then 2 seconds. Dawkins mediocrity got exposed badly in this game. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

This is all on blocking Allen did nothing wrong. You expect your line to holdup for longer then 2 seconds. Dawkins mediocrity got exposed badly in this game. 

Not vs that blitz. Dawkins had no chance.

45 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

But he would have had time if Dawkins and or Singletary make the block.

Neither guy had a shot at blocking Holland there. Too much speed and easy path to QB due to Allen’s drop.

32 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Neither guy had a shot at blocking Holland there. Too much speed and easy path to QB due to Allen’s drop.

Im just going to agree to disagree with you bro.  There is no reason to continue to go back and forth on this.  You expect two guys can block the end runner.  They wiffed period

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

I just don't know why they Bills accumulate all these OL with "position flexibility" and then don't want to move them around to "maintain continuity" even when one of them is literally murdering your chances of winning by playing the position he's at.

Van Roten needs to be released. He's not an NFL center. Go find some promising kid on a PS.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Agree 3

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Disagree with this. If the design of the blocking called for Devin to block the outside guy he could have done it. Because he was inside out with the guy who didn't come (probably spying Josh) he didn't have time to get out there. I also think if Josh didn't drop quite as far he may have had a chance.

In the end the routes should have been called hot, which looked like didn't happen, which you have pointed out. The ball should have been out in one motion as it hit Josh's hands.

I am concerned about Spencer Brown. He's been so bad! They said he was a project, but right now he is a huge liability. He has size and agility with way more foot speed than a man his size should have, but there's just one problem -- He can't block. Ogbah just ate his lunch. On his first sack allowed, he just stood there like a statue. They need to start Quessenberry until Brown is ready.

I agree so hard with any and all DaQuan Jones praise. I've probably posted to that effect each week so far. The guy must suck to play against.

The Bills DL, when healthy, is effing scary good. The top-10 includes a variety of complimentary traits and talents. 

Of course the same (or similar) can probably be said of most position groups minus OL and TE (and maybe RB?). 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I agree so hard with any and all DaQuan Jones praise. I've probably posted to that effect each week so far. The guy must suck to play against.

The Bills DL, when healthy, is effing scary good. The top-10 includes a variety of complimentary traits and talents. 

Of course the same (or similar) can probably be said of most position groups minus OL and TE (and maybe RB?). 

DaQuan is that big run stuffer that Star was supposed to be.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

DaQuan is that big run stuffer that Star was supposed to be.

It's really helpful to finally have that 1-Tech DT role filled for real.

There was ONE game (possibly even two) last season where Star actually flashed in ways we hadn't seen, but had nonetheless been promised was in fact occurring (in unselfish ways, facilitating the successes of his teammates). Difficult for most average "fans" to pick up on.

Not unlike the way even most skeptics (including ME) are now seeing Tremaine Edmunds flash on the field, whereas for years we we've been promised he WAS actually Doing His Job well enough to discourage the ball from finding him. 

I see an upgrade from Star to Jones, AND I see an upgrade from Edmunds to Edmunds.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes all that Star talk was clear bull#### that many fans seemingly ate up because that’s what we were being told by Bills brass so it must’ve been true.😅

Star was what he was. A slightly above average NFL 1Tech. His problem was never that "people expected sacks and stats from him and that is not his job." We understood what his job was. He was just kinda meh at it. Jones has already been an obvious upgrade. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Star was what he was. A slightly above average NFL 1Tech. His problem was never that "people expected sacks and stats from him and that is not his job." We understood what his job was. He was just kinda meh at it. Jones has already been an obvious upgrade. 

I think it’s more that he checked-out.   

On 9/28/2022 at 7:02 PM, Einstein said:

There is a reason why they are backups.

Need the RB’s to block better as well.

A big part of this was the Offensive Coordinator. 

The Bills had just gone down the field to make it 7-0, and forced Miami to punt. 

Then Dorsey decided to suck the life out of the team with a Moss run, followed by another Moss run. 

No surprise, those carries were wasted downs, leaving the Bills in 3rd-9 and Josh's strip-fumble. 

I have no idea what the Bills thought there were going to accomplish with two Zach Moss runs. 

• Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.