Boomer Esiason suggests the Bills should trade for Barkley

Greg S

7 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

This team needs high quality Olinemen, not more RBs. 

Offensive line, safety and CB seem to be our biggest draft needs next year. 

Why would corner be a big draft need?  Are you smoking crack?

OL, WR, S- possibly a LB- possibly another RB late 

Edited by NewEra

8 hours ago, Greg S said:

They are in a rebuild. They are 2-1 but they are so bad on offense that Schoen may value picks over the player. The Giants are a few years away from contending. Who knows if they want to trade Barkley but it wouldn't surprise me if they do.

If they don't want to trade its the Russ Brandon's of the world. Why would you keep him? I'm sure he's worth a 4 to someone. Save the cap money for a player that can help next year, get a pick. get a BETTER draft position, make it so that Daboll can put his best players on the field without outwardly tanking.

Does anyone regret moving Sammy here?

8 hours ago, 97bills said:

I don’t understand how others don’t see this. Hopeful it gets better 

It is what it is. Hope won't make the OL better. Beane can with the draft. This upcoming draft I expect OL and safety to be priorities. Poyer and Hyde are both over 30. 

• Agree 1

Trading anything substantial in terms of draft picks for Barkley, or perhaps any RB would be a big mistake.

Besides, we need the early draft picks to grab a few safeties and at least 1 corner, all in the early rounds mind you and trading up to do so if necessary.  

My motto is "secondary first." After all, it works SO well.

Edited by Bill from NYC

5 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Trading anything substantial in terms of draft picks for Barkley, or perhaps any RB would be a big mistake.

Besides, we need the early draft picks to grab a few safeties and at least 1 corner, all in the early rounds mind you and trading up to do so if necessary.  

My motto is "secondary first." After all, it works SO well.

the one perk with the expiring contract is we likely get a comp pick later to offset the cost.

so if we looked at sending a 3 and getting a 4 back a year later… it’s less painful. A depth player and later pick might even work.

one perk being that the players would be familiar with the systems 

not advocating or even suggesting it happens but a couple minor perks 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, uninja said:

I don’t like it. Injury prone RB in a contract year playing with a limited sample size. 

We’d be mortgaging future draft picks for a 1 season rental and then surely letting him walk in FA because we don’t have the cap space to pay him the kind of money he could fetch in the open market. 

It reeks of desperation and of making a move for the sake of making a move. 

That about sums it up.  And considering outside of the Rams game, our line is not getting any push and is not opening holes, so I guess Boomer thinks Barkley is Barry Sanders and can just create something out of nothing.

Edited by Billz4ever

21 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

To risky. He's never played a full season. Maybe a 4th round pick tops.... Unfortunately, this just shows that the current Bills RB's aren't cutting it. Cook and Singletary need to start stepping up. This Sunday in the wind and rain would be a good start!!

That would require the O-line to get some sort of push, which to date, outside the Rams game, have gotten none.

21 hours ago, Greg S said:

They are 2-1 but they are not a good football team. While their defense has been good the offense is terrible. Schoen and Daboll are looking at a rebuild. Just like Beane and McDermott did when they got here. Beane did trade Sammy Watkins who was one of our better players on offense at the time. Schoen is probably looking to acquire as many picks as possible for a reset/rebuild. Besides the Eagles are winning the division this year anyway unless injuries play a factor.

So is the O-line holding out?  They are going to open holes and get a push for Barkley, but just don't feel like it for any of the 3 we have?  It doesn't matter who's in the backfield if there's nowhere for them to go.

21 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

A lot of people talking **** but I guarantee most of you would be very excited if this happened. Singletary is good, but Barkley (when healthy) is def a cut above. Any slight improvement to our running game would massively help this offense. I’m tired of Josh being the leading passer AND rusher almost every season. Yes, it’s cool for MVP votes, but personally I don’t really care for that stuff. 

Some of y'all must be watching different games than me because outside of the Rams game, there have been no holes opened up and zero push by this O-line.  Unless Barkley can magically block for himself too, how will he even make the slightest bit of difference?

18 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

That's last year.  He was top ten in yards after contact average at 2.3 which was better than Henry or Barkley (1.7 yac) and the year before he averaged 2.9 after contact which was 3rd in the league.  Yes I looked at your tweet and I don't see any definitive evidence he has some kind of cutback there.  The DE had contain the whole time.  

That's what I see.  The DE is not blocked there and Singletary would be running right at him if he were to cut it back like people are suggesting.

17 hours ago, Free Speech said:

Mortgage the future? If the Bills are in firm contention and can get a player like Barkley - who is plainly better than Singletary and would add another guy teams would actually have to game plan for - Anything short of your first rounder should be on the table. The goal is to win a Super Bowl, your "window" be damned. Kick the door down when you can.  

So whose blocking for him?  Are we getting a new O-line too?  There's no holes, no push.  What's going to make Barkley successful where are current backs are not?

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.