Boomer Esiason suggests the Bills should trade for Barkley

Greg S

2 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

He would also score on the Moss 40 yard run which took him 5 minutes and 30 seconds to execute and wasn’t touched until 5 minutes 25 seconds.  

We have one NFL caliber RB on the roster.  

That’s not true 

Moss is really good pass blocker … Has good hands

And breaks a tackle every play

He got hit by three defenders 2 yards in the backfield and still got a yard

we rarely get push 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Disagree 2

9 minutes ago, uninja said:

I don’t like it. Injury prone RB in a contract year playing with a limited sample size. 

We’d be mortgaging future draft picks for a 1 season rental and then surely letting him walk in FA because we don’t have the cap space to pay him the kind of money he could fetch in the open market. 

It reeks of desperation and of making a move for the sake of making a move. 

All of this would decrease his price

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I would love that.

There was a play during the Miami game where Singletary could have cut outside for a HUGE gain (like 40+ yards).

Instead he ran into the tackles butt.

Barkley scores on that play.

I know exactly the play you're talking about and said the exact same thing

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Depends if the Giants pay most of his salary. 

And this

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I would love that.

There was a play during the Miami game where Singletary could have cut outside for a HUGE gain (like 40+ yards).

Instead he ran into the tackles butt.

Barkley scores on that play.

Singletary didn’t have a good game vs Miami. I wonder if the rotation is getting to him. He starts well and then they rotate. I don’t understand why.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That’s not true 

Moss is really good pass blocker … That’s good hands

And breaks a tackle every play

He got hit by three defenders 2 yards in the backfield and still got a yard

we rarely get push 

It's pretty difficult to get push when you are running RPO's.

These plays take way too long to develop.

They would be a much more effective running team if they put Josh under center, but that isn't going to happen, so the running will continue to struggle no matter who is running or who is blocking up front.

Just now, njbuff said:

It's pretty difficult to get push when you are running RPO's.

These plays take way too long to develop.

They would be a much more effective running team if they put Josh under center, but that isn't going to happen, so the running will continue to struggle no matter who is running or who is blocking up front.

That’s true and when we go under center and run power with our starting 5 it’s not bad

running from shotgun all day is hard 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Appearing on FanDuel's "Up & Adams," the CBS analyst and former NFL MVP said that if Giants running back Saquon Barkley keeps producing like he is, the Buffalo Bills could come calling.

If Saquon Barkley continues to do what he's doing ... by the trade deadline, ... that's a serious thing that I think the Buffalo Bills would look at... Saquon is probably as good now as he'll ever be in the NFL ... why would the Giants keep him? If the Bills would love to have a top-end running back and give the Giants a second or a third-round draft pick, you'd have to consider it if you're the Giants.

Boomer just wants nice things for Barkley and at this point who wouldn't. Don't see it happening though, I'd think we'd be more likely to be on the prowl for interior linemen.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

Boomer just wants nice things for Barkley and at this point who wouldn't. Don't see it happening though, I'd think we'd be more likely to be on the prowl for interior linemen.

This is a discussion for the offseason but I would think Beane would put a priority on the OL when the draft comes. That and secondary help with both Poyer and Hyde over 30. Going to have to start getting younger in the secondary at some point.

I would absolutely do this. Trade Moss or even Singletary plus a reasonable draft pick. Daboll and Schoen are building for the future. Barkley isn't part of that future and they need to accumulate draft picks to move on from Daniel Jones. So I think it could make sense for both sides. But if it was going to happen, I think it already would have.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Just to give Barkley's cost.  He is making $425k per game this season.

His cap hit for 10 games is $4.25M.

Beane currently has $1.88M before whatever Xavier ends up costing.

Yup. Is Saquon Barkley really the guy to put the Bills over the top? At the cost of eeking out the last little bit of cap space we could maneuver? I really don’t think so. Don’t get me wrong, when healthy he’s a very good RB. I honestly wouldn’t hate it if we had plenty of cap space. His salary isn’t crazy and we’d be due a future comp pick after he signed elsewhere. But not with where we are today. We don’t have the luxury. 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, MJS said:

Do the giants not want him? They are playing well and he is a big part of that.

People always act like some teams are just begging to give away their best players to contending teams. Maybe they want to keep him.

I believe the thinking is the new regime is going to want to rebuild with their own guys, and will trade away end-of-contract talent the same way Beane did (Watkins, Darby, etc). Jones is likely gone this year too, so it'll be a big reset. Might as well get some draft picks for the talent.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.