Boomer Esiason suggests the Bills should trade for Barkley

Greg S

Appearing on FanDuel's "Up & Adams," the CBS analyst and former NFL MVP said that if Giants running back Saquon Barkley keeps producing like he is, the Buffalo Bills could come calling.

If Saquon Barkley continues to do what he's doing ... by the trade deadline, ... that's a serious thing that I think the Buffalo Bills would look at... Saquon is probably as good now as he'll ever be in the NFL ... why would the Giants keep him? If the Bills would love to have a top-end running back and give the Giants a second or a third-round draft pick, you'd have to consider it if you're the Giants.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 4

I don’t like it. Injury prone RB in a contract year playing with a limited sample size. 

We’d be mortgaging future draft picks for a 1 season rental and then surely letting him walk in FA because we don’t have the cap space to pay him the kind of money he could fetch in the open market. 

It reeks of desperation and of making a move for the sake of making a move. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Dislike 1

Just now, uninja said:

I don’t like it. Injury prone RB in a contract year playing with a limited sample size. 

We’d be mortgaging future draft picks for a 1 season rental and then surely letting him walk in FA because we don’t have the cap space to pay him the kind of money he could fetch in the open market. 

I have the same injury concerns, but the rams used Von as a 1 yr rental and got a sb out of it.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I don’t see it happening, but here’s a link. 

https://apple.news/A7n86jEN9TZK_Ft7UuG20Ow

We’ve spent enough draft capital on RB lately, including a 2nd rounder just in the last draft.

On a side note, who knew Sports Illustrated was still around? 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, uninja said:

I will say Barkley has looked good so far. More like his old self. It would depend on the cost. I wouldn't give them a high draft pick given his history with injuries but I could see Beane looking into it. 

Just now, BruceVilanch said:

I have the same injury concerns, but the rams used Von as a 1 yr rental and got a sb out of it.

I have just never seen a team be a running back away from winning a super bowl. Premier pass rusher? That’s a completely different can of worms. 

Do the giants not want him? They are playing well and he is a big part of that.

People always act like some teams are just begging to give away their best players to contending teams. Maybe they want to keep him.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Appearing on FanDuel's "Up & Adams," the CBS analyst and former NFL MVP said that if Giants running back Saquon Barkley keeps producing like he is, the Buffalo Bills could come calling.

If Saquon Barkley continues to do what he's doing ... by the trade deadline, ... that's a serious thing that I think the Buffalo Bills would look at... Saquon is probably as good now as he'll ever be in the NFL ... why would the Giants keep him? If the Bills would love to have a top-end running back and give the Giants a second or a third-round draft pick, you'd have to consider it if you're the Giants.

Why would need to lose draft picks?  Wouldn't the Giants just trade Barkley for Moss straight up?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Einstein said:

I would love that.

There was a play during the Miami game where Singletary could have cut outside for a HUGE gain (like 40+ yards).

Instead he ran into the tackles butt.

Barkley scores on that play.

He would also score on the Moss 40 yard run which took him 5 minutes and 30 seconds to execute and wasn’t touched until 5 minutes 25 seconds.  

We have one NFL caliber RB on the roster.  

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Do the giants not want him? They are playing well and he is a big part of that.

People always act like some teams are just begging to give away their best players to contending teams. Maybe they want to keep him.

They are in a rebuild. They are 2-1 but they are so bad on offense that Schoen may value picks over the player. The Giants are a few years away from contending. Who knows if they want to trade Barkley but it wouldn't surprise me if they do.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.