What is Bass' Range?

st pete gogolak

7 hours ago, Einstein said:

Yeah Mckenzie could have just ran forward for  a few yards and went down. He never should have tried for the boundary.

If he could make it to this red circle (dive if you have to), then that’s a 60 yard field goal.

6-A02-DD22-1163-418-B-856-D-AF0-E1-B3-CA

So frustrating. So may little mistakes that get magnified when you realize anyone of them could have changed the outcome of the game.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, DasNootz said:

At the Miami 47 following the holding call- a draw gets you 3 yards?  That puts the ball on the 50 which equates to a 68 yard kick.  That would be a new NFL record.

What are you talking about? A draw to the 44 is a 62-yard field goal. The field goal distance is always the line of scrimmage + 18 yards.

• Thank you (+1) 2

11 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

I was surprised going back and looking at play by play of Dolphins game that Bills were perhaps already in Bass' field goal range at end of game.  Situation was second and ten on Miami 43 with 22 seconds left, no timeouts.  Next play was holding penalty.  Was 60 yards within Bass' range?  How about a draw, pick up a few yards, spike, FG attempt from 55 - 56 yards.  I know that every possible scenario from the game has been beat to death but I'm wondering if 38 yard miss influenced decisions near end of game.

37 yards absolutely, but not 38

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think they wanted to get it somewhere close to the 50. After the holding penalty I think when Allen started to move he should have just ran a few yards and then gone down because it would have given us the spike opportunity. For Isaiah to get from where he was to the sideline was always going to be tricky. He might have got there had he not tried to get us a few yards.... I dunno. I think the holding penalty killed it tbh. 

Has anyone ever checked/said if that holding call was legit or not? I could re watch the game, but I really dont want to do that.

He hit 58 his rookie year and 57 last year so that's very solid long range. That miss was a weird kick, just looked botched from the start. Initial reaction is to worry about Martin being the new holder but Bass is 4/5 already, and Martin's surprisingly punting pretty well too with 3 of 4 punts in side the 20. So it's hard to say any aspect of Special Teams is an issue, I think that miss was just a random fluke and Bass has a leg that you can normally trust within 50, and have hope for up to 60. 

10 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

You had to show this with 13 seconds didn’t you?? Why can’t we let that die already?????

Definitely would have gotten a play off he just went down at the 43-44 yard line and at least have had a shot to win.

With humid weather that too would have helped the kick.

Games over, but want to see if Bass has that leg and no better a time. 

Already been 12 54+ yard FGs after 3 weeks.  

11 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What are you talking about? A draw to the 44 is a 62-yard field goal. The field goal distance is always the line of scrimmage + 18 yards.

20 hours ago, DasNootz said:

At the Miami 47 following the holding call- a draw gets you 3 yards?  That puts the ball on the 50 which equates to a 68 yard kick.  That would be a new NFL record.

When the play strarted, the line of scrimmage was the opposite 47 yard line (53 yards from the endzone).  A draw for 3 yards would get them to the 50 yard line.  50 + 18=68 yards.  I stand by my math and my post.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DasNootz said:

When the play strarted, the line of scrimmage was the opposite 47 yard line (53 yards from the endzone).  A draw for 3 yards would get them to the 50 yard line.  50 + 18=68 yards.  I stand by my math and my post.

Ok. Your post was wrong because it said the Miami 47, not the Buffalo 47. Hence the confusion

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.