What is Bass' Range?

st pete gogolak

7 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

Two options were forward and immediately down or make it to the sideline.  He tried to do both and didn't.  Not his fault, not Josh's.  The battered line held taking them out of range, and then collapsed on the final play.

I think it was definitely his fault.

He has to know that it takes far longer to run 25 yards than 5 yards.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yeah Mckenzie could have just ran forward for  a few yards and went down. He never should have tried for the boundary.

If he could make it to this red circle (dive if you have to), then that’s a 60 yard field goal.

6-A02-DD22-1163-418-B-856-D-AF0-E1-B3-CA

Thanks for this.  Situational recognition of time and clock is you catch get up field and down.  Easily would have been inside the 45 with 12-13 seconds (play started with 18 seconds) and a spike.  Then either a Hail Mary or Kick.  

Already had a 59, 58 & 57 (to win game on the last play) yarders made this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

I was surprised going back and looking at play by play of Dolphins game that Bills were perhaps already in Bass' field goal range at end of game.  Situation was second and ten on Miami 43 with 22 seconds left, no timeouts.  Next play was holding penalty.  Was 60 yards within Bass' range?  How about a draw, pick up a few yards, spike, FG attempt from 55 - 56 yards.  I know that every possible scenario from the game has been beat to death but I'm wondering if 38 yard miss influenced decisions near end of game.

I agree 100% with no timeout much better call.

54 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

I was surprised going back and looking at play by play of Dolphins game that Bills were perhaps already in Bass' field goal range at end of game.  Situation was second and ten on Miami 43 with 22 seconds left, no timeouts.  Next play was holding penalty.  Was 60 yards within Bass' range?  How about a draw, pick up a few yards, spike, FG attempt from 55 - 56 yards.  I know that every possible scenario from the game has been beat to death but I'm wondering if 38 yard miss influenced decisions near end of game.

They ahd the line set at Miami 40 so that would of been a 58 yeard FG...... so that easy Draw play would not of gotten it to 56 yards....at the spot where McKenzie got to it would of been a 60 yard FG attempt

The kickers do kicks in warm up and know where there range is along with the coaches

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Have we seen the clip of said hold? As I know it was called yet never saw it live nor on a replay.

the holding prevented a sack .... Miami took the penalty to push them out of range of the FG there as it pushed them to the Buffalo 47 vs the Miami 43....

46 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yeah Mckenzie could have just ran forward for  a few yards and went down. He never should have tried for the boundary.

If he could make it to this red circle (dive if you have to), then that’s a 60 yard field goal.

I think couple seconds before I think McKenzie was open before  first down would easy got there. Looks broken coverage and then some would of been precious time and easier to spike the ball or oline if they gave Allen a second longer before pressure. Allen saw him late saw some replays.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

Watching the game live, this is what I thought he was going to do.  In my head, I am thinking Bass could hit from 60-65 max, so my target line was the 45.  Not saying he would have made it, of course, but he has the leg to get it there.  Would have been a tough kick for sure, but I would have liked to at least have the chance to try it.  Getting out of bounds there was not worth the extra 5 yards.  Heat of the moment with everything going on, I will never blame Dirty, though.  Just an unfortunate set of circumstances.

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

To me it looked like a bad kick that was tipped because it wasn't kicked clean.

No one else has mentioned this, so I could be wrong. But I think his plant foot slid just a little bit, causing him to hit the ball high, while pulling it - allowing the tip.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.