Dallas is now in the AFC East...

Just Jack

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Miami is at least East

I suppose they're more east than Indianapolis is South. 🤔

Maybe move Baltimore to the East, Miami to the South, Indianapolis to the North. There fixed. This is turning into a geography thread more than a football thread.

Edited by Donuts and Doritos

7 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Maybe move Baltimore to the East, Miami to the South, Indianapolis to the North. There fixed. This is turning into a geography thread more than a football thread.

Indy is actually quite close to the south; less than two hours from Louisville, Kentucky. [BTW, Cincinnati is even closer.]

10 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Details, details. Same way Miami, the most southern city in the league isn't. It's football not geography. 😉

Yep, long time rivalry with the Bills and Patriots.

Edited by chongli

8 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Not going to break up the Bmore/Pitt rivalry 

For you youngin's out there, in *my* day... shakes stick

Kidding aside, there used to be just West, Central and East.  When they went to four divisions they kept the existing divisions but yanked one team out of each and adding an expansion team to make the new division.

Now, they wanted to keep as many rivalries as possible, so regardless of geography they just yanked the team that would cause the least fuss.  In the AFC East that happened to be the Indy Colts, and that's why the 'Phins are still in the East, not the South.

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, Dr Krentist said:

Still better chance than the Jets

Hrrrmmm might have to wait and see about that. Jets have actually scored more points this year.

Jerry's boys have been the most confusing franchise for the past couple of years in my opinion, I thought they were SB sleepers within the last year. Clearly not anymore. Letting Cooper go was dumb and the team has needed a healthier dose of Tony Pollard for about 2 years now. They still only let him sniff the ball 5 times a game, which he'll take for 50 yards, all while Zeke still plods along at 3.5 yards per clip. Dumb team that could honestly be about as bad as the Jets this year. Eagles are set to lock up that division by about Week 12.

7 hours ago, uticaclub said:

I always wanted a “Rust Belt” division, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit

They should just blow up the every division/conference and start over.  Seems like a lot of people are "but the rivalries!!" New ones will start in with the new teams. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.