Bills vs. Fins is back

C.Biscuit97

I was surprised how annoyed I was about seeing the Dolphins atop so many power rankings today.  I mean, I expected that the Bills would drop but figured that it would be the Eagles on top and I would have been fine with that.  But Miami?  Hell no, eff them.  They’re a blink away from 1-2.  Can’t wait to get them up here in December.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

When did people stop hating them?

Never stopped hating their fan, but the team… meh. 🤷‍♂️ Haven’t been worth hating since Jimmy Johnson was coaching them. 

And yes, fan, singular. 

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The one good thing about this stupid game is we can hate Miami again. I never care about them since I was a little kid. This was their Super Bowl. It’s embarrassing and hilarious at the same time. Can’t wait to destroy them in Buffalo. (language) #freeCook

I think this is more akin to Bills fans thinking they were relevant to the Pats*** when Fitz beat them in ‘04… only took another 14+ years before it became reality. 

Edited by transient
The Pats*** have become an afterthought and I forgot the requisite asterisks.

3 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

Never stopped, we still remember 0-20 in the 1970s.  We just got temporarily distracted by the Patriots for a few years.

The 70's sucked. If I remember correctly the Bills almost beat them in the 79 season opener. Lost 9-7 but they missed a FG at the end that would have won it. The rivalry with the Dolphins was never higher than during the Kelly-Marino years and all of those battles for the division and playoff games.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

The 70's sucked. If I remember correctly the Bills almost beat them in the 79 season opener. Lost 9-7 but they missed a FG at the end that would have won it. The rivalry with the Dolphins was never higher than during the Kelly-Marino years and all of those battles for the division and playoff games.

I think I remember a fumble that was called on Joe Cribbs that should not have been - the ground can't cause a fumble.

16 hours ago, MPT said:

Bills vs Fins is about as back as 2000s Pats vs Bills. They just peaked playing against a team that was half injured and still got outplayed all day.

I totally disagree.  The rivalry feels alive to me now, and I declared it dead about 20 years ago.

That game was chippy, there was personal stuff going on between the players on the field, Dorsey lost his mind, lots of good stuff to build a sound hatred on.

I know I suddenly now care about the Dolphins a LOT more than I have in the last 25 years.

The media is buying this too. 

You're starting to see the Dolphins Top 5 in the Power Rankings. 

They do have two elite WRs, certainly Waddle was a Draft hit for them. 

Now, come Playoff time, tight defenses, pressure on Tua to make plays all-game, can I see them beating the Bills & Chiefs, no. 

We know what it takes to go toe-to-toe with Mahomes. Allen last year went 4 TDs - 0 Ints and it wasn't enough. So the Dolphins can celebrate now, but they have no run game, an average defense, an average QB, with great skill talent, and a rookie HC. 

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

The media is buying this too. 

You're starting to see the Dolphins Top 5 in the Power Rankings. 

They do have two elite WRs, certainly Waddle was a Draft hit for them. 

Now, come Playoff time, tight defenses, pressure on Tua to make plays all-game, can I see them beating the Bills & Chiefs, no. 

We know what it takes to go toe-to-toe with Mahomes. Allen last year went 4 TDs - 0 Ints and it wasn't enough. So the Dolphins can celebrate now, but they have no run game, an average defense, an average QB, with great skill talent, and a rookie HC. 

After tomorrow night their bandwagon will be much lighter. They have one more day to enjoy their "elite" level status.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.