Run conundrum

Italian Bills

42 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Why do you think this is an issue?

Run blocking vs pass blocking, I imagine that the offensive line is more worried about pass blocking on nearly every rpo since Allen is going to keep it

plus Allen likely keeps it more often than he should to begin with (which isn't necessarily a bad thing since most want the ball in his hands as much as possible)

1 hour ago, pocoboy said:

Apologies for being like "Man your post sucks to high hell lemme go to town debasing you."

Oh wait, it didn't.

Sorry for being respectful in offering an alternative viewpoint. I'll make sure not to quote respond to you again. Thanks.

You agreed with me. Epic fail on your part.

19 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Run blocking vs pass blocking, I imagine that the offensive line is more worried about pass blocking on nearly every rpo since Allen is going to keep it

plus Allen likely keeps it more often than he should to begin with (which isn't necessarily a bad thing since most want the ball in his hands as much as possible)

That's incorrect - all the offensive line hears on a called RPO is the run concept - they are blocking whatever run concept it is tagged with 100% of the time.

On 9/27/2022 at 5:51 PM, Italian Bills said:

The run game is a real problem for too long right now. 

How is it possible that we couldn’t fix this problem after all this years ? 

Poor backs ? Poor OL ? We can’t run the ball consistently with all the backs together for about 150 yards a game, i don’t mean 400, but at least 150… com’on. 

And what I noticed is the we run the middle most of the times and most of the times with no gain. 

What about go outside the los and not through the middle ? Am i missing something ? 

Opinions ? Possible solutions ?

Clearly it isn't coaching related as Daboll has the NFL's leading rusher in Saquan Barkley, so it's not like you can't successfully run the ball with what he is doing.  

A large part is the Bills treat the running game as an afterthought and spend most of their time focusing on the pass game.  

In some ways, I can understand.  Taking the ball out of Allen's hands is usually going to result in a worse result than if you keep it in his hands. 

I think the Bills OLine is much better suited for pass blocking naturally and run blocking isn't their strength.  Especially in short yardage situations where they get blown up repeatedly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.