Bills sign OL Justin Murray

YoloinOhio

Has 20 starts under his belt. Graded out best in 2019 when he played 844 snaps and only allowed 4 sacks and 3 penalties. Had a solid start to the 2020 season not allowing a sack on 602 snaps and only 1 penalty. But got hurt to end the 2020 season and got hurt again in 2021. PFF (which is not the best metric) graded him as follows.

2019- 62.9

2020- 56.7

2021- 60.8

Considering that we are at week 4 getting a player that was somewhat effective with 20 starts under his belt is about as good as you will be able to do. The reason he is available despite decent play and experience is due to injuries. He got hurt to end the 2020 season and again early in 2021. Hopefully with a few extra weeks rest his body is ready to go.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Of course, the pickings in the free agent market are pretty slim, especially given the salary cap constraints Brandon Bean is feeling.   Murray has starting experience and he's not so old that he's likely to be slipping physically.  The biggest doubt about Justin Murray is that his injury in 2021 was a back injury.  Hopefully, it doesn't turn out to be a nagging issue for him.

3 hours ago, Reks Ryan said:

I'm kind of old.  When I clicked Freddie's post, my thought was that song sounds so old, who could possibly know that reference.  You guys are really F'ing old!

We resemble that remark.

5 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Where's Cyrus " Special K" Kouandjio ?

That, sir, is *****in' cold.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s the Doyle replacement. Lets hope Morse and Bates are back this week but if not it will be Mancz and Van Roten (if HE’S available). Everyone banged up 

He’s a guard now but we have so many injured on the line. 

Bates seems unlikely, Hope I’m wrong.  The elbow with Morse is the right arm used to snap the ball…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.