Roster / Injury Updates Week 4

ngbills

I think salary cap is also an issue, Bills were tight to the cap as it was, If we need to sign 6-7 folks to the 53 man roster, someone will have to be restructured.  Doubt we will sign anyone for other than vet minimum with a few "not likely to be made" incentives thrown in. 

15 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Can he go to IR for 4 weeks or was that only a start of the year thing?

The rules changed a few times since pre/during/post covid so I don't remember. 

Yeah if they choose to...I think you can have max of 8 players come back from IR during the season?

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

The discussion about "who did we miss the most" and "who do we need back the most" is actually very interesting, because if you look at practically EVERY reason the Dolphins won  (besides the Bills missing every opportunity of their own)  it involves the BACKUPS.

• Center mis-handling exchanges leading to 10 points
  • Backup DBs giving up bomb to Waddle on 3rd and 22 leading to 7 points
  • Lack of a pass rush for the first time all season
  • Unable to defend run at goal line 

It's pretty clear that "next man up" seems to work when you are missing one or two pieces, but when you're missing as many as we were, it's a recipe for disaster and Allen WILL have to put the team on his back every single time with very little margin for error.

We lost because we bogged-down in the redzone far too often.  I think not having Morse definitely contributed to that…

It also could be true that Gabe was not right….

I also wonder why Knox has not been targeted more? Is he protecting Brown all the time?

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

We lost because we bogged-down in the redzone far too often.  I think not having Morse definitely contributed to that…

It also could be true that Gabe was not right….

I also wonder why Knox has not been targeted more? Is he protecting Brown all the time?

By the 4th quarter, Knox was in the locker room with an IV in his arm.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.