Roster / Injury Updates Week 4

ngbills

Based on the assumptions below we have some holes to fill. Depending on recoveries with a few guys we potentially need 1-2 OL, 1-2 DB, 1 WR, 1-2 DT. I don't think we have the bodies on our practice squad at all the positions. Have not heard any names outside of Rhodes and on the practice squad you have Austin or Hodgins can fill at WR, Mancz can man one spot at OL, Ingram one at DB, and Brewer at DT. Once we hear on Bates can see if we need to sign someone at OL. DB we obviously will need 1-2 guys. Doyle will go to IR creating one spot but could see some roster movement as well.

QB (2): Allen, Keenum

RB (5): Singletary, Moss, Cook, Gilliam, Jones

WR (5): Diggs, Davis, Crowder, McK, Shakir

TE (3): Knox, Morris, Sweeney

OL (7): Morse, Saffold, Hart, Dawkins, Brown, Van Roten, Quessenberry

DT (3): Settle, Jones, Bryant

DE (4): Rousseau, Basham, Epenesa, Lawson

LB (6): Edmonds, Milano, Miller, Dodson, Bernard, Spector, Matakevich

CB (4): Elam, Johnson, Lewis, Neal

S (2): Johnson, Hamlin

ST (3): Bass, Martin, Ferguson

Possibly Out (5): Kumerow, Bates, Oliver, Phillips, Poyer

Out for sure (2): Benford, Jackson

PUP or Suspended (3): White, Boettger, Smith

IR (3): Hyde, Stevenson, Doyle

• Thank you (+1) 3

Thanks for the list.  I'll feel a ton better about Sunday if we can sign a veteran CB (Rhodes) and if Oliver and Poyer can go.  Then I like our chances.

Have we heard anything on Dane's progress?  Would think it's just a matter of soreness if there's no actual breaks or anything, no?

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Kumerow is definitely out...high ankle sprain

Do we have video of him crying and screaming like Mac Jones? I hear those high ankle sprains can be life threatening.

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Poyer and Oliver are the biggest pieces we need back. It would be helpful to know about Bates as well. 

Morse is the most important piece we need back.

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

Do we have video of him crying and screaming like Mac Jones? I hear those high ankle sprains can be life threatening.

Morse is the most important piece we need back.

The discussion about "who did we miss the most" and "who do we need back the most" is actually very interesting, because if you look at practically EVERY reason the Dolphins won  (besides the Bills missing every opportunity of their own)  it involves the BACKUPS.

• Center mis-handling exchanges leading to 10 points
  • Backup DBs giving up bomb to Waddle on 3rd and 22 leading to 7 points
  • Lack of a pass rush for the first time all season
  • Unable to defend run at goal line 

It's pretty clear that "next man up" seems to work when you are missing one or two pieces, but when you're missing as many as we were, it's a recipe for disaster and Allen WILL have to put the team on his back every single time with very little margin for error.

Edited by BobBelcher

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Kumerow is definitely out...high ankle sprain

Can he go to IR for 4 weeks or was that only a start of the year thing?

The rules changed a few times since pre/during/post covid so I don't remember. 

Edited by The Wiz

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

With how this team deals with head injuries, I'd be surprised to see Bates back this week. Could happen, but I think they play it safe with him.

With a concussion, it's all about league protocol, unless you're Tua Tagovailoa and the Dolphins. 

35 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I've said this for two weeks now but I would be surprised if Oliver doesn't play.  One week I will be right!

If he's out all season, it's your fault.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.