Philly only unbeaten after Thursday. 17-0?

1onemangang7

Enter the bye week without a loss. Pittsburgh Texans and Commanders loom...might take an unexpected outcome from a deep pointspread hole at this point..at least for the next 3 games. Then indy should have regained the services of Shaq leonard  and Jon Taylor for the Colt tilt. It's gonna get some  attention.  Good news,  takes some off the Buffalo Bills 

Edited by gridirongold

I still don't think this team is nearly as good as their record indicates and you get the sense that Hurts is going to be exposed sooner than later.

I do think they are legit on defense for the most part but this team still feels like the cardinals from last year and I'm willing to be they will start to lose games soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, gridirongold said:

Thread continues.  Pittsburgh is next with the Eagles favored by double digits. We've got 2 maybe 3 weeks before the streak is the talk of the NFL.

Just think if the Bills could have made one more yard in Miami we would be having this conversation for 2 teams not just one.

10 minutes ago, gridirongold said:

I like the potential to put the media attention squarely on Philadelphia and keep the focus on the prize. Easily the most likely suitor if to meet in Arizona at this point. Oh to see JA17 hoist that trophy. 

Agreed.  While I never want a loss, I think being 14-1 may be better than 15-0.  If we can win out we could have home field wrapped up with a week or two left in the season.  Then we don't have the whole "Do you go for history or rest starters" controversy.  We could rest our starters and possibly get almost a month of rest going into the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Agreed.  While I never want a loss, I think being 14-1 may be better than 15-0.  If we can win out we could have home field wrapped up with a week or two left in the season.  Then we don't have the whole "Do you go for history or rest starters" controversy.  We could rest our starters and possibly get almost a month of rest going into the playoffs.

Remember when Fergie played on one leg at San Diego in the playoffs? All those memories justified with one Superbowl win. To this day one of the gutsiest performances I've ever seen. In today's rules that would have been a home game. 

Eagles have played the 29th toughest schedule to date and have the weakest schedule in the league going forward.

That being said, Dallas with a healthy Dak/Zeke at home will be a tough hurdle.

Their other games against teams with a decent record are a pair with the Giants, and Derrick Henry and the Titans.

Eagles are 28th in rushing defense in a yards per attempt [5.0] basis, so Barkley and Henry could be problems.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Eagles have played the 29th toughest schedule to date and have the weakest schedule in the league going forward.

That being said, Dallas with a healthy Dak/Zeke at home will be a tough hurdle.

Their other games against teams with a decent record are a pair with the Giants, and Derrick Henry and the Titans.

Eagles are 28th in rushing defense in a yards per attempt [5.0] basis, so Barkley and Henry could be problems.

Swift gashed them for 144 on 15 carries. Good point, and I was aware of the number. The other all important number is qbr against.  Philly owns leauges best with Buffalo next.  After about 9 games the numbers are more reliable with identity. Sure, schedule matters. I've never seen a team last long in the playoffs with 5 ypc against. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.