Isaiah McKenzie Show 9/26 - discusses the scene in Miami

YoloinOhio

18 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

How were they going to be able to save their timeouts? They used one earlier in the half because the play clock was running down (Josh was pissed and you hate using them then, but it happens) and the other 2 were used in the Dolphins final drive 

Josh was pissed on that first time out because the refs were pissing around to set the ball after they had 3 refs with 3 different spots where Moss went OOB on his long run.  By the time they got their act together the play clock had wound down and the Bills had to burn a TO.  Think that TO might have come in handy later on??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I .......but it is very possible that Dorsey's freak out was more about McKenzie than the team as a whole falling short.  

I thought the instant I saw Dorsey's video that he was not just mad about the outcome as he was about a specific player or two who did not do as they are told/taught/coached to do

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

He talks about that play at length. Says he didn’t run straight out of bounds because Howard “popped up out of nowhere” on the way to the sideline and he made a split decision to cut up and then try to get out, but was tackled. He said running backwards to get out of bounds wasn’t going to happen.

Running backwards keeps the clock running so good thing he didn't try that

2 hours ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Josh was pissed on that first time out because the refs were pissing around to set the ball after they had 3 refs with 3 different spots where Moss went OOB on his long run.  By the time they got their act together the play clock had wound down and the Bills had to burn a TO.  Think that TO might have come in handy later on??

Yep. Similar to the Seahawks game under rex when the referee was standing over the ball with 0 time on play clock and they penalized us for it. 

18 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Can we just start a billboard campaign encouraging Sean to hold his time outs till the end.  It should never come down to spikes but I'm sure they'll be working on that in practice this week.

The first time out used was the refs fault. They didn't set the ball until there was a couple seconds left on play clock and the other two were used at the correct time. 

19 hours ago, zow2 said:

Yeah, it's a shame McK got the yips there.  I watched the replay 50 times.  When Allen made that great escape from the pocket, Isaiah caught the ball at Miami 49.  #21 for the Phins lunged and just missed the tackle.  Mckenzie running full speed had a clear path to race out of bounds at the Dolphins 45.  Watching the replay at game speed, he would've made it,  Instead he did a quick stutter step juke, and that was enough for Howard to catch up.  

Bass probably misses a 62 yard kick, but it would have been a chance at least.  

He get's out of bounds at 9 seconds and still time for a 5 yard pass to the sideline and the Bills are closer (that is a simple play done over and over in the NFL).  He had to get ob or go down as soon as he go up field and as many yards as possible as there was plenty of time (probably 12 seconds if he just cut up field and went down). 

Edited by Billsfan1972

11 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Running backwards keeps the clock running so good thing he didn't try that

Yep. Similar to the Seahawks game under rex when the referee was standing over the ball with 0 time on play clock and they penalized us for it. 

The first time out used was the refs fault. They didn't set the ball until there was a couple seconds left on play clock and the other two were used at the correct time. 

I just don’t understand how teams can get shafted like this by the refs. Especially in a game that’s as nitpicky as football about rules, regulations and fairness. 

A team shouldn’t be forced to burn a timeout because the refs are fumbling around trying to get things right to setup the next play. 

• Agree 2

39 minutes ago, uninja said:

I just don’t understand how teams can get shafted like this by the refs. Especially in a game that’s as nitpicky as football about rules, regulations and fairness. 

A team shouldn’t be forced to burn a timeout because the refs are fumbling around trying to get things right to setup the next play. 

Yet somehow the league was dialed in enough to our playoff game v. Houston to send out men in black suits "to make sure they got it right" 

Still never seen anything like that, before or after. Sure would have been nice to have someone calling down in real time to correct that mistake this week. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Logic said:

So easy for Monday Morning Armchair QBs to talk about what players "should have" done -- nevermind the heat, exhaustion, physical toll, or split second decision making needed.

Respectfully, I'd like to eye-gouge anyone who questions, second guesses, or belittles the effort or decision making of any of the Bills players after the absolute war that we saw on Sunday. They laid their bodies on the line and left it all out on the field to get a win. Do players make mistakes? Of course. Certainly not for lack of effort or talent, though.

Would love to see how you'd do in the same circumstance.

Where is Einstein? 

22 hours ago, Bills92 said:

The more and more feedback I get about this game, I continue to slot this game as an 'outlier' of what the Bills are. More specifically, this game is very similar to the Pats/Bills MNF game from last year where the environment played a more critical role then their opponent. 

With that said, I am starting to lose some confidence that we can win the tight games.  This dichotomy of winning either big or losing small has definitely become a trend now (Ex the Colts game from last year) and you have to think, it is a monkey on the Bills back.  I would think winning one or two close games will help them move on from this narrative that could begin to define them.

Go Bills!

I view it as very similar to the game we had against the Pats with Fitz where we finally broke the streak early in the year like the Dolphins did against us...

- Fanbase of the team with the long losing steak was big time pumped up for that game and it was a home game for them, almost like a playoff game

- Long streak of losing by that team to their opponent prior...15 games for the Bills, 7 for the Fins

- Most games were not close and were blowouts by the winning team

- Win required an almost absurd number of mistakes to be made by the other team that were completely out of character. 

- Yardage total by losing team was IDENTICAL at 495 yards, meaning the losing team wasn't really stopped offensively from moving the ball

- Winning team BARELY won even considering all this.  In that game, Brady threw 4 INTs including a pick 6 to Drayton Florence and it STILL             required a last second FG by the Bills to win. Pats also had a uncharacteristically high number of penalties...8 for 93 yards.

- Game happened in week 3, moving the Bills to 3-0 and the Pats to 2-1

- Pats went 11-2 the rest of the way and ended up reaching the SB which they lost to the Giants, showing they were the superior team

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

I listened to most of it last night as I was driving home from work.  I know Lil ‘Dirty is a beloved character but I lost respect for him. Two reasons:

1.) Ok to joke with your teammates but not about a season ending and potentially career ending injury.  It’s the man’s livelihood and career on the line not just some nagging or minor injury.

2. It pisses me off that he was not pissed off about losing.  Look at people like Diggs and Allen - they hate to lose. Learn from them and develop a killer instinct about it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.