Isaiah McKenzie Show 9/26 - discusses the scene in Miami

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

Went back and looked at the play after hearing him talk about it. At first glance I thought he had a clear path to the sideline, but after watching it again, Howard did pop up, I don’t know if he had the angle to take him down before they reached the sideline, but it’s true, he was there. McK said he got the ball to the ref with 9 seconds to go, but that wasn’t true. It was more like 6.

Yeah I've analyzed that play like the Zapruder film - DB does pop up, but he's running parallel to him at that point - there's no doubt in my mind if McK ran full speed to the sideline his momentum would have carried him out even with a hit.  He would have been out at like the 45 though - so would have taken a hell of a boot even after that.  

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Can we just start a billboard campaign encouraging Sean to hold his time outs till the end.  It should never come down to spikes but I'm sure they'll be working on that in practice this week.

Why should it never come down to spikes? It does in like every single close game ever.

23 minutes ago, billykay said:

This. Even if he had to run backwards a few yards to get out of bounds.

Glad he knew the rules. Clock would not have stopped.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

So easy for Monday Morning Armchair QBs to talk about what players "should have" done -- nevermind the heat, exhaustion, physical toll, or split second decision making needed.

Respectfully, I'd like to eye-gouge anyone who questions, second guesses, or belittles the effort or decision making of any of the Bills players after the absolute war that we saw on Sunday. They laid their bodies on the line and left it all out on the field to get a win. Do players make mistakes? Of course. Certainly not for lack of effort or talent, though.

Would love to see how you'd do in the same circumstance.

Well said, man. It's kind of depressing to be honest. Here we are with this amazing team doing incredible things and a moderate portion of the fans are flipping out about it. With the secondary down every starter except Taron and then the OL dropping like flies as the game went on, I was prepared to take an L. Heck, they came close to pulling it off even with all those obstacles. They aren't gonna win them all.

But one L and people are questioning everything, splitting hairs, picking nits, finding one tiny thing that reaffirms their biases and opinions. I mean, this staff and team has done a tremendous job over the last five years but you wouldn't know it after a loss. It's like that 99 out of 100 rule. I used to work with this lady who griped about everything. You could literally do 99 out of 100 things perfectly and she'd focus on the one thing that went wrong. Feels like that with this coaching staff at least. They've done a great job but they lose one and "Shoulda canned Frazier" and "Hiring Kromer was a mistake" or "McDermott doesn't have enough hands to clap, fire him."

Just a total bum out. Enjoy what they are. They're a great team. All teams fight thru adversity. This team will be fine. (Logic - none of this is pointed at you obviously, I just went off on a bit of a rant haha)

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I will preface this statement by saying I am a big fan of Isiah Mackenzie.  He is quirky (which I can relate to) and seems to be a genuinely good dude...  I still love the story about Christmas Eve last year.

Furthermore, he has produced way more then I thought he would've based on how we acquired him (Believe we nabbed him of the Broncos practice roster in 2018)... and I am always looking for him on the field... because we he gets the ball, he seems to produce way way more often than not.  

However, does anybody think that part of Dorsey's freak out may have been because Mackenzie didn't do something he was supposed to do there.. Ie:  what he was coached to do vs what he ended up doing?  I know it's a stretch.. but between Lil Dirty being benched last year and then I seem to remember Josh potentially jawing at Mackenzie during the game on the sideline (I could have imagined this, I am still going through my 7 stages of BIlls grief right now), I think the "Face of the Franchise" could be free wheeling at times which may be holding him back on playing time / bigger plays.

Go Bills!

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

33 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Well said, man. It's kind of depressing to be honest. Here we are with this amazing team doing incredible things and a moderate portion of the fans are flipping out about it. With the secondary down every starter except Taron and then the OL dropping like flies as the game went on, I was prepared to take an L. Heck, they came close to pulling it off even with all those obstacles. They aren't gonna win them all.

But one L and people are questioning everything, splitting hairs, picking nits, finding one tiny thing that reaffirms their biases and opinions. I mean, this staff and team has done a tremendous job over the last five years but you wouldn't know it after a loss. It's like that 99 out of 100 rule. I used to work with this lady who griped about everything. You could literally do 99 out of 100 things perfectly and she'd focus on the one thing that went wrong. Feels like that with this coaching staff at least. They've done a great job but they lose one and "Shoulda canned Frazier" and "Hiring Kromer was a mistake" or "McDermott doesn't have enough hands to clap, fire him."

Just a total bum out. Enjoy what they are. They're a great team. All teams fight thru adversity. This team will be fine. (Logic - none of this is pointed at you obviously, I just went off on a bit of a rant haha)

first time GIF

3 minutes ago, Bills92 said:

I will preface this statement by saying I am a big fan of Isiah Mackenzie.  He is quirky (which I can relate to) and seems to be a genuinely good dude...  I still love the story about Christmas Eve last year.

Furthermore, he has produced way more then I thought he would've based on how we acquired him (Believe we nabbed him of the Broncos practice roster in 2018)... and I am always looking for him on the field... because we he gets the ball, he seems to produce way way more often than not.  

However, does anybody think that part of Dorsey's freak out may have been because Mackenzie didn't do something he was supposed to do there.. Ie:  what he was coached to do vs what he ended up doing?  I know it's a stretch.. but between Lil Dirty being benched last year and then I seem to remember Josh potentially jawing at Mackenzie during the game on the sideline (I could have imagined this, I am still going through my 7 stages of BIlls grief right now), I think the "Face of the Franchise" could be free wheeling at times which may be holding him back on playing time / bigger plays.

Go Bills!

I think Dorsey's freak out is because we lost the game by a razor's edge at the last moment. There were defenders around it was not some easy just get out of bounds moment as people think.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s never taken a sip of alcohol in his life.

im impressed. He asks the crowd (who claims it keeps you warm at a cold weather game) “should I start drinking”? 😂

Alcohol dilates blood vessels in your extremities so your arms, hands, legs and feet will feel warmer, but the heat that helps your extremities feel better comes from your core.  So, you can avoid frostbite while you die from hypothermia.  There are better ways to try and keep warm.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

7 minutes ago, KHAN said:

One thing I learned from the video is that it's a job for them. Most of the people here are far more upset about the loss than he is.

They have the 24 hour rule, win or lose, to move on to focusing on the next opponent. I’m sure he was more upset on Sunday. But they have to reset more quickly than the fans 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, zow2 said:

Yeah, it's a shame McK got the yips there.  I watched the replay 50 times.  When Allen made that great escape from the pocket, Isaiah caught the ball at Miami 49.  #21 for the Phins lunged and just missed the tackle.  Mckenzie running full speed had a clear path to race out of bounds at the Dolphins 45.  Watching the replay at game speed, he would've made it,  Instead he did a quick stutter step juke, and that was enough for Howard to catch up.  

Bass probably misses a 62 yard kick, but it would have been a chance at least.  

Or just dive down so they had time to spike the ball and stop the clock?  

Been saying it for a couple years.......he's never been given a job he hasn't given back..........and the reason isn't talent........it's mistakes made because he isn't a smart football player.

This is why he's barely more than minimum salaried with no contract security............they are getting a guy with the traits to produce on the cheap but the trade-off is that there are going to be mental errors that have traditionally negated his value.       

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I think Dorsey's freak out is because we lost the game by a razor's edge at the last moment. There were defenders around it was not some easy just get out of bounds moment as people think.

Yea I think it was the culmination of the afternoon.  To put up 500 yards of offense yet only score 17 points is probably unacceptable and frustrating to him.  A wasted opportunity and game they really should have won.

6 hours ago, Bills92 said:

Go Bills!

I agree.

And the people who downplay McKenzie's penchant for mistakes are the same people whose jaws were hanging in disbelief when McD proceeded to bench him after he fell on his face and fumbled the kickoff versus Indy last year.   The coaches have spoken with their actions wrt McKenzie in the past.  I think they've been waiting for him to mature and turn into a reliable decision maker on the field.........and the low investment required to keep him has tempted them to retain him and hope for the best.......but it is very possible that Dorsey's freak out was more about McKenzie than the team as a whole falling short.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Logic said:

So easy for Monday Morning Armchair QBs to talk about what players "should have" done -- nevermind the heat, exhaustion, physical toll, or split second decision making needed.

Respectfully, I'd like to eye-gouge anyone who questions, second guesses, or belittles the effort or decision making of any of the Bills players after the absolute war that we saw on Sunday. They laid their bodies on the line and left it all out on the field to get a win. Do players make mistakes? Of course. Certainly not for lack of effort or talent, though.

Would love to see how you'd do in the same circumstance.

I wouldn’t eye gouge, but I might titty twist.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Yea there were people griping about the Super Bowl teams during regular seasons on call-in talk radio.  Why would anyone criticize the Thurmanator after Tinker Bell and other lesser talents.  In some ways this team plays harder and is more focused, but not sure about overall talent.  Larry Felser said it would be a long time before we see similar results.  Maybe this is that team.  Let’s enjoy the ride!!  Go Bills 🏈🦬

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

They have the 24 hour rule, win or lose, to move on to focusing on the next opponent. I’m sure he was more upset on Sunday. But they have to reset more quickly than the fans 

Yeah. I don't mean he didn't care. Just that these guys have to let it go and move on. Meanwhile we seethe in pain all week.

13 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

He’s a clown. 

A fisherman sees another fisherman from a far

3 hours ago, KHAN said:

Yeah. I don't mean he didn't care. Just that these guys have to let it go and move on. Meanwhile we seethe in pain all week.

Which he should do people really think that our players should carry a loss in to the next weeks game come on man

15 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Can we just start a billboard campaign encouraging Sean to hold his time outs till the end.  It should never come down to spikes but I'm sure they'll be working on that in practice this week.

How were they going to be able to save their timeouts? They used one earlier in the half because the play clock was running down (Josh was pissed and you hate using them then, but it happens) and the other 2 were used in the Dolphins final drive 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.