Ron DeSantis's Test of Leadership, Hurricane Ian Closes In On Tampa Bay

Tiberius

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Not at all, but throwing money at a problem that will just come back again and again makes no sense. You want to live in Florida, fine, but not on my dime. 

It’s not your dime, Tibs.  It’s our collective dime.

In fact, with this heartless approach of yours, we certainly know that other public funding options cannot be far behind.  Soon, you’ll be slashing benefits to those less fortunate than you. 

You cold b@stard. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It’s not your dime, Tibs.  It’s our collective dime.

In fact, with this heartless approach of yours, we certainly know that other public funding options cannot be far behind.  Soon, you’ll be slashing benefits to those less fortunate than you. 

You cold b@stard. 

They can go live somewhere else. That's not heartless, it's just good common sense 

Probably will save lives. How many are dead in Florida now? And you want to subsidize more people living there? 

How many must die for you to realize this is not a good idea? Just kill them all, why don't you? 

Just now, Tiberius said:

They can go live somewhere else. That's not heartless, it's just good common sense 

Probably will save lives. How many are dead in Florida now? And you want to subsidize more people living there? 

How many must die for you to realize this is not a good idea? Just kill them all, why don't you? 

You’re grossly intolerant these days, and your contempt for Florida is telling.

People on public assistance can move to areas with better job prospects, and folks on social security can get back to work, or learn to live with less.  You know this and these programs are probably on your wish list to cut. 

I would think the money Biden has earmarked for bailing out $125000ionaires could go to help Florida—and you conveniently forgot Georgia South Carolina North Carolina and the rest of the east coast. 

Besides, while tragic, the byproduct of the hurricane will be a massive infusion of capital—public and private, and offer employment opportunities to tens of thousands of individuals willing to work.  They call that a stimulus in the public sector Playa. 

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You’re grossly intolerant these days, and your contempt for Florida is telling.

People on public assistance can move to areas with better job prospects, and folks on social security can get back to work, or learn to live with less.  You know this and these programs are probably on your wish list to cut. 

I would think the money Biden has earmarked for bailing out $125000ionaires could go to help Florida—and you conveniently forgot Georgia South Carolina North Carolina and the rest of the east coast. 

Besides, while tragic, the byproduct of the hurricane will be a massive infusion of capital—public and private, and offer employment opportunities to tens of thousands of individuals willing to work.  They call that a stimulus in the public sector Playa. 

Federal money should not go to luring people to their deaths in Florida. How many are dead already?? 

Isn't that enough? The human thing to do is let the insurance market work naturally. Those who want to live in a dangerous, high risk state like that should have the money to pay those rates. 

Try and think humanly. Do the right thing, not the politically short term way that gets people killed 

:) 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Federal money should not go to luring people to their deaths in Florida. How many are dead already?? 

Isn't that enough? The human thing to do is let the insurance market work naturally. Those who want to live in a dangerous, high risk state like that should have the money to pay those rates. 

Try and think humanly. Do the right thing, not the politically short term way that gets people killed 

How many people will die in car crashes, Tibs, yet we dump massive amounts of federal money into roads where they deaths occur on an hourly basis?   

Floridians pay taxes to the federal government and are stakeholders in the game, and in some cases that dwarves what people in NY and other blue states that receive tremendous benefits. 

It’s not a matter of thinking humanly, it’s a matter of thinking at all! 

Plus I have a house in Florida, so, you know, there’s that.  

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

So instead, we fail to enforce our borders and lure them to Texas, California and Florida, instead of insisting they solve their own government problems for their long term success.

Oh ya. Those folks are "fleeing for their lives," or seeking "political asylum, " though they haven't gone through the process of applying for it.

By the way, do you understand the use of the words "humane," and "humanely," vs. the words "human" and "humanly."

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, sherpa said:

So instead, we fail to enforce our borders and lure them to Texas, California and Florida, instead of insisting they solve their own government problems for their long term success.

Oh ya. Those folks are "fleeing for their lives," or seeking "political asylum, " though they haven't gone through the process of applying for it.

By the way, do you understand the use of the words "humane," and "humanely," vs. the words "human" and "humanly."

To a certain extent, in order to exchange ideas, we must accept phrases like “humanly” from time to time.

In the alternative, as Tibs always says, we spend so much time with the explainification of our thoughtishness that we end up wastifying alot of time. 

38 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

1)How many people will die in car crashes, Tibs, yet we dump massive amounts of federal money into roads where they deaths occur on an hourly basis?   

2) Floridians pay taxes to the federal government and are stakeholders in the game, and in some cases that dwarves what people in NY and other blue states that receive tremendous benefits. 

3) It’s not a matter of thinking humanly, it’s a matter of thinking at all! 

Plus I have a house in Florida, so, you know, there’s that.  

1) Roads save more lives that are actually killed in driving. So your example is not so good. 

2) We all pay taxes, that doesn't give us the right to demand more to insure our risky behaviours! 

3) Subsidizing people to live in hazardous ares is not rational thinking. 

4) Well, we like your house and will make a special exception for you. Ok? 

37 minutes ago, sherpa said:

The only thing "luring" people to the boarder is our economic engine that is such a jobs machine. 

The best way for you clowns to shut off immigration is for you guys to stage a coup and ruin democracy and freedom. Economies don't run as well without government oversight and input from the people--through government(Oh please jump like a ***** into that one!)

Oh wait, you guys tried that on Jan 6, I almost forgot 

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

1) Roads save more lives that are actually killed in driving. So your example is not so good. 

2) We all pay taxes, that doesn't give us the right to demand more to insure our risky behaviours! 

The only thing "luring" people to the boarder is our economic engine that is such a jobs machine. 

The best way for you clowns to shut off immigration is for you guys to stage a coup and ruin democracy and freedom. Economies don't run as well without government oversight and input from the people--through government(Oh please jump like a ***** into that one!)

Major whiff again.

I am not part of anything related to January 6th, nor Trump.

The best way to shut down illegal immigration is to enforce existing laws instead of turning the issue into a political game, and to support efforts to solve the gross failures of the governments that eject their people onto our taxpayers.

I'm not "you guys." 

Your knowledge is lacking.

Your judgement is bad.

Your posts are ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Not at all, but throwing money at a problem that will just come back again and again makes no sense. You want to live in Florida, fine, but not on my dime. 

We have rare opportunities to agree, but on this one I agree with you.

After Katrina and Sandy, the federal government should have stopped insuring residential property that is in 100-year floodplains and well-documented 100-year storm surge areas.  If somebody wants to privately insure those, go for it. 

I know that is crippling to places like New Orleans and coastline, but how many times have the taxpayers rebuilt homes in these areas?  How many people have died because they stayed in homes in these areas?

I've always found the "it's climate change!" argument ironic because whenever there is money to be made, we all keep building homes in deserts, in floodplains, etc. and we never revise the rules to prohibit it.  

• Like (+1) 1

You’re not making sense.  The number of people that died during the most recent hurricane is dwarfed by the number of people who contribute to their greater good.  

Icy roads take almost 2,000 lives per year, and nearly 150k are injured every year. 

The numbers aren’t even close based on your standards, so it’s gotta be just that you’re a heartless person who doesn’t want to part with any of his money.  

We’re a community of citizens, Tibs.  You’re with us or against us. 

Again, this makes no sense.  NYC, Chicago, LA, California with earthquakes, cold winters throughout the Midwest all present hazards. 

I don’t need the assistance Tibs, and God willing I won’t.

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Major whiff again.

I am not part of anything related to January 6th, nor Trump.

The best way to shut down illegal immigration is to enforce existing laws instead of turning the issue into a political game, and to support efforts to solve the gross failures of the governments that eject their people onto our taxpayers.

I'm not "you guys." 

Your knowledge is lacking.

Your judgement is bad.

Your posts are ridiculous.

What existing laws are not being enforced? 

Big laugh at your little sophomoric temper tantrum at the end there. reminded me a a little girl sixth grade girl 

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You’re not making sense.  The number of people that died during the most recent hurricane is dwarfed by the number of people who contribute to their greater good.  

Icy roads take almost 2,000 lives per year, and nearly 150k are injured every year. 

The numbers aren’t even close based on your standards, so it’s gotta be just that you’re a heartless person who doesn’t want to part with any of his money.  

Again, this makes no sense.  NYC, Chicago, LA, California with earthquakes, cold winters throughout the Midwest all present hazards. 

I don’t need the assistance Tibs, and God willing I won’t.

No, your comparison of roads to federally subsidizing insurance is what makes no sense. Roads are vital necessity, subsidized insurance in dangerous areas are not. 

That should end that argument. 

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

But that doesn't mean we should subsidize insurance in hurricane land 

3 minutes ago, dpberr said:

We have rare opportunities to agree, but on this one I agree with you.

After Katrina and Sandy, the federal government should have stopped insuring residential property that is in 100-year floodplains and well-documented 100-year storm surge areas.  If somebody wants to privately insure those, go for it. 

I know that is crippling to places like New Orleans and coastline, but how many times have the taxpayers rebuilt homes in these areas?  How many people have died because they stayed in homes in these areas?

I've always found the "it's climate change!" argument ironic because whenever there is money to be made, we all keep building homes in deserts, in floodplains, etc. and we never revise the rules to prohibit it.  

Again though, why?  The reality is the federal government owns the federal flood program.  The decision-making, who gets what, when and for how much.   Decisions made by individuals and financial institutions were/are made on the conditions of the program.  

I suppose they could offer federal forgiveness of mortgages for individuals who relied on the program, but that gets pricey. 

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

It's not even a true picture.

"Bends the knee"?  :lol: 

The left can't do anything, meme or otherwise, without removing context.

Edited by Doc

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

You’re becoming more unhinged by the day Tibs. Step away from the keyboard and go outside! This isn’t healthy.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

What existing laws are not being enforced? 

Do you live in some uninformed vacuum?

Are you even aware of existing law and the non enforcement?

Here's one clue, because I'm not going to do your homework for you.

The void between what you know and what is real is too great for a volunteer poster to spend time on

Not just the immigration thing, but on so many levels.

Post 9-11, the US INS Service reported that there two million individuals that had overextended their student visas and were unaccounted for.

Two million........And that's just student visas.

We are absolutely not enforcing immigration law. and to suggest that we are is lunacy.

Edited by sherpa

6 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Post 9-11, the US INS Service reported that there two million individuals that had overextended their visas and were unaccounted for.

Two million.

And they all voted for Biden 2 or 3 times.