Ron DeSantis's Test of Leadership, Hurricane Ian Closes In On Tampa Bay

Tiberius

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Many libs are hoping Florida gets devastated.  Pathetic scum.

Who was it on here that wished CA would burn?  It's the same BS on both sides.  People think of a state as a red or blue and then hate it. 

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Fiscal responsibility!!   This is what we need in leadership.  

You stick with the “spend to oblivion” government.  It’s working out swimmingly well wouldn’t you agree?  🙄

I think you can be more specific with what you want money spent on.  Flood assistance might be one that is worth paying? 

Thank god trump balanced the budget before he left. 

48 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I think you can be more specific with what you want money spent on.  Flood assistance might be one that is worth paying? 

Thank god trump balanced the budget before he left. 

Sure flood assistance is worth paying for.  But not 5 or more years down the road.  

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

What happened to the national debt under the Trump administration?

Instead of paying down the debt like he promised - he gave a huge tax cut to the rich and corporate America - which took a huge hit on federal revenue and what did Trump continue to do?  He just kept on spending...

Trump predicted the economy would grow at a home-run pace with no recessions for the next decade, and he proposed massive cuts to education, health care and other nondefense parts of the budget that will not be enacted. 

“We have $21 trillion in debt. When this [the 2017 tax cut] really kicks in, we’ll start paying off that debt like it’s water.”

Then COVID hit...

So, instead of being proactive and do what he promised - cut the debt - he spent spent spent - and the dug us deeper into a deeper hole when COVID hit...

So you agree that when the government overspends it weighs down the economy?   Good, we're making progress. 

How do you feel about IRA that was just signed by our President?  Is it ok when the Dems spend, spend, spend but not ok when the GOP does it?  Guess what?  As a big fiscal conservative it pisses me off when the government spends frivolously regardless of who's doing it.  You do understand why the government spent during Covid though right?  

45 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Okay.

Who was it ?

I'm pretty sure it wasn't me.  :D

• Like (+1) 1

Rough week for White Nationalists as well....

A Gadsden County Commissioner appointed by Gov. Ron DeSantis abruptly resigned last week after pictures allegedly showing him in a Ku Klux Klan outfit started to circulate, according to Gadsden County Sheriff Morris Young.

Young said that the pictures were brought to him last Tuesday and multiple people told him the pictures were of Gadsden County Commissioner Jeff Moore. He said when he approached Moore about the pictures, Moore did not deny it was him.

“He never denied at all. Refuted nothing when I showed him the pictures,” Young said in an interview. Young, who is Black, endorsed DeSantis. “I thought he needed to resign, and I told him that.”

Moore, a Republican, was appointed by DeSantis to serve as commissioner in early August. The governor’s office confirmed on Monday that Moore resigned last week, but said they did not know why.

“We are in the middle of hurricane prep, I’m not aware of the photo you sent but Jeff did submit his resignation last week,” said Taryn Fenske, DeSantis’ communications director.

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So you agree that when the government overspends it weighs down the economy?   Good, we're making progress. 

How do you feel about IRA that was just signed by our President?  Is it ok when the Dems spend, spend, spend but not ok when the GOP does it?  Guess what?  As a big fiscal conservative it pisses me off when the government spends frivolously regardless of who's doing it.  You do understand why the government spent during Covid though right?  

I'm pretty sure it wasn't me.  :D

Biden is actually reducing the deficit - unlike Trump. 

On 9/27/2022 at 11:35 AM, Chef Jim said:

Wing on wing is what sailors call it. 🙄

And it’s called a jib.  

You sure you sail?  

I think Tipsy is as much of a sailor as Andy on The Office.  Just saw the episode where Andy and his brother take the family's boat to  the Bahamas.

No sugar-coating it.

DeSantis: 'This is going to be a nasty, nasty day, two days'

cat-4-storm-map-860x475.jpg

Gov. DeSantis has been giving briefings on the storm every few hours. This morning he said, “the strengthening of this over last night has been really, really significant.” He continued, “It potentially could make landfall as a category five but clearly this is a very powerful, major hurricane.” “This is going to be a nasty, nasty day, two days…so this is going to be a rough stretch.”

https://hotair.com/john-s-2/2022/09/28/desantis-this-is-going-to-be-a-nasty-nasty-day-two-days-n499523

9 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Tomorrow morning at 8 am the eye will most likely be less than 20 miles from my house. I think DeSantis has done well in prepping the state as much as possible. I hope everyone is safe and as little physical damage happens along the coast

Are you staying? 

42 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Stay safe Tim !

I plan to- my first hurricanes were 2004 and the best advice to all at this point is stay hunkered down and be vigilant. I have water, food, and batteries for flashlights. Probably, and hopefully, just a boring 48 hours.

36 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Are you staying? 

Yes- I live outside of Orlando- it will most likely not even be an actual hurricane by the time it hits here.

Edited by Orlando Tim
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I plan to- my first hurricanes were 2004 and the best advice to all at this point is stay hunkered down and be vigilant. I have water, food, and batteries for flashlights. Probably, and hopefully, just a boring 48 hours.

Yes- I live in a town called windermere- it will most likely not even be an actual hurricane by the time it hits here.

Alright! Well best of luck 

• Like (+1) 2