Update: Xavier Rhodes signed by Bills

Steel City Mafia

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Siran Neal has been a let down. You hear what a great athlete he is but even with all the injuries he’s not getting the reps. 

i don’t think anyone loves him more than bills special teams coach 

Did you see him play last Sunday?

• Like (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Siran Neal has been a let down. You hear what a great athlete he is but even with all the injuries he’s not getting the reps. 

i don’t think anyone loves him more than bills special teams coach 

I guess he probably is a little bit overpaid.  He seems to be able to fill in almost anywhere in the backfield but isn't better than more

specialized players.  He is very good on STs.

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

i only saw bits and pieces due to kids stuff did he play well?

He played very well. In fact, PFF (regardless of what people think about them) had him rated very high.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, DrDare said:

Will we actually see this guy in a jersey at any point?

Save for an injury or injuries coming at the exact time he's ready to come back - probably not. He was brought in to come off the bench and maybe work his way up the depth chart when we were down Dane Jackson and Christian Benford with Tre White on PUP.

But now by the time he's ready to return, we'll have Tre White, Christian Benford, Dane Jackson, Kaiir Elam, and Taron Johnson on the field. No place for him. Maybe he sticks around on the Practice Squad - but he missed his best opportunity to see the field.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

29 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Dude was all over the place when he got in there...think he had like 5 passes defensed in the 4th quarter.

If I remember correctly, he was laying some wood. I was also impressed with Bernard and Spector. Glad to see them get some playing time. I'm thinking this week Cook and Shakir help out/breakout. I just hope Saffold doesn't get bulldozed.

The 2 things I worry about is the Oline and letting Mahommes scramble around and kill us. If Edmunds starts they need to blitz him nonstop. Bury the run and pressure Patrick. Milano will have his hands full elsewhere so they will have to scheme it upfront. Good time for some press man and hopefully Phillips is feeling good.

I personally don't think it would be a bad idea if they spelled T.Johnson with Neal once in a while. Bring a little nastiness in.

Edited by nosejob
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Is practice squad IR the best job in the world? 

Maybe for your cousin Dunkrik Don.  Players on practice squad can get injured like other players, may only be on squad for a few weeks or even less than a week which happened to player who was released by Steelers, put on practice squad and then released after Steelers game.  Players even get injured on practice squad like they do in camp and on field too.

2 hours ago, nosejob said:

If I remember correctly, he was laying some wood. I was also impressed with Bernard and Spector. Glad to see them get some playing time. I'm thinking this week Cook and Shakir help out/breakout. I just hope Saffold doesn't get bulldozed.

The 2 things I worry about is the Oline and letting Mahommes scramble around and kill us. If Edmunds starts they need to blitz him nonstop. Bury the run and pressure Patrick. Milano will have his hands full elsewhere so they will have to scheme it upfront. Good time for some press man and hopefully Phillips is feeling good.

I personally don't think it would be a bad idea if they spelled T.Johnson with Neal once in a while. Bring a little nastiness in.

You don't blitz Mahomes unless you want to get destroyed.

4 hours ago, MJS said:

You don't blitz Mahomes unless you want to get destroyed.

It has to be infrequent and when you do, it needs to be disguised well enough that it surprises him. The Raiders had a great blitz where they brought both safeties and completely fooled Mahomes. He had to dirt the ball because none of his receivers ran a hot route. 

• Like (+1) 1

Sal mentioned on his show with Joe (I refuse to call him by that dumb nickname Sneaky) that am expected weakness has turned into possibly our best strength.  

Can you imagine how potent this defensive secondary will be once we get  Tre, Poyer, Taron, Dane, and the emergence of Benford, Elam, and even Hamlin and Jaquoun.  Un freakin believable.

Couple that with finally after 5 years an elite D Line, and all world Milano.  These dudes will be the game tomorrow.  Allen will rip apart that secondary.  Boys it’s Hammer Time.

And men, Josh Allen is….

Its on like Donkey Kong!

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Agree 1

On 10/14/2022 at 10:27 PM, Limeaid said:

Maybe for your cousin Dunkrik Don.  Players on practice squad can get injured like other players, may only be on squad for a few weeks or even less than a week which happened to player who was released by Steelers, put on practice squad and then released after Steelers game.  Players even get injured on practice squad like they do in camp and on field too.

Just for reference I have zero relation to dunkirk don, just terrible timing with sign up timing and similar name after I signed up(I know he changed to something Chad as well) just poor timing on my part. I like alliterations and find the meme bro name Chad funny

You're not the first person to accuse me of this 

Edit: I am trying to mock everyone from cheektowoga, so if you're from there so be it lol. You are probably an Ottawa senators fan (also am drunk and apologize at the same time)

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.