Update: Xavier Rhodes signed by Bills

Steel City Mafia

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Oh brother! I am out of it today hahahaha thanks 

CB 1 Tre

CB 2 Dane
CB 3 Elam/Benford rotated in 

I think this is what will happen.  Rhodes probably won’t be on the active roster all season imo 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

None

ps-  Dane Jackson is on the team

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think I agree.  Rhodes is decent insurance though  (assuming he gets healthy / isn't waived) 

CB 1 Tre
CB2 Elam / Benford rotation based on match ups? 

As of right now Jackson is the best active corner on the team. It is certainly closer than it was to start the season, but I still think he is better by some margin. 

That could change as the season progresses, but that's how I see it at the moment. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Any chance the staff does this after the Bye?

CB1 Tre

CB2 Rhodes
CB3 Elam/Benford 

No. When White returns, he'll pair with Jackson. Obviously Johnson will remain in the slot. Benford and Elam add quality depth with big upside down the road.

Rhodes was an emergency, stop-gap, practice squad-level addition who will prove inconsequential.

Edited by Airseven

3 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

I wonder if we trade one of our corners for an offensive player because we have 6 starting corners 

I mentioned this a couple of days ago.  If a corner is traded it makes sense to dangle Dane Jackson for a player or a pick.

Dane is an RFA who if the Bills put a 7th round tender on would surely get offer sheets.

If they put a 2nd round tender for $4.3M, there probably wouldn't be an offer so he would play for that money.

The question is if he ends up being depth that's a lot to spend.

I have to think a playoff hopeful team who needs a starting CB would be interested in Dane for a lot more than a 7th.

Of course, that means all the other CBs are healthy with Rhodes coming back soon too.

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I mentioned this a couple of days ago.  If a corner is traded it makes sense to dangle Dane Jackson for a player or a pick.

Dane is an RFA who if the Bills put a 7th round tender on would surely get offer sheets.

If they put a 2nd round tender for $4.3M, there probably wouldn't be an offer so he would play for that money.

The question is if he ends up being depth that's a lot to spend.

I have to think a playoff hopeful team who needs a starting CB would be interested in Dane for a lot more than a 7th.

Of course, that means all the other CBs are healthy with Rhodes coming back soon too.

The problem with doing that is we have 2 other rookies, one of which has a broken hand.  And our All Pro hasn't played in a year and it can often take part or all of a season to come all the way back from that injury both physically AND mentally.  

If Tre was to have a setback or struggle, we would be left with 2 rookies come playoff time.  So I really do not see them trading a CB in season.  Definitely could see them do something in the offseason, but we are in an all out press for the SB title this year, no need to make us thin at a very important position...one where we will be facing Mahomes and possibly other dangerous passing teams in the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The problem with doing that is we have 2 other rookies, one of which has a broken hand.  And our All Pro hasn't played in a year and it can often take part or all of a season to come all the way back from that injury both physically AND mentally.  

If Tre was to have a setback or struggle, we would be left with 2 rookies come playoff time.  So I really do not see them trading a CB in season.  Definitely could see them do something in the offseason, but we are in an all out press for the SB title this year, no need to make us thin at a very important position...one where we will be facing Mahomes and possibly other dangerous passing teams in the playoffs.  

I agree any time the team trades away a good player.  We just might as well get used to the fact that Dane goes for a 7th round pick.

What I mentioned is that IF a CB was traded, he makes the most sense.  Unfortunately, I don't see a way he stays next season due

to the other CBs and what his cost will be.  He will be missed!

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

3 of those starters are under rookie contract money. It's tough making a move unless someone loves Siran Neal and offers a legit #2 TE would I make a move. 

Siran Neal has been a let down. You hear what a great athlete he is but even with all the injuries he’s not getting the reps. 

i don’t think anyone loves him more than bills special teams coach 

59 minutes ago, Airseven said:

No. When White returns, he'll pair with Jackson. Obviously Johnson will remain in the slot. Benford and Elam add quality depth with big upside down the road.

Rhodes was an emergency, stop-gap, practice squad-level addition who will prove inconsequential.

but he stayed ready to go so he didn’t have to get ready…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.