Update: Xavier Rhodes signed by Bills

Steel City Mafia

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

You've got to be ***** kidding me.

This is truly insane...

But then there's this...

Dane looks like he will be ready to go which is amazing...

Dude looks like his career might be over and is back faster than some teammates with ankle injuries...WTF

On 9/28/2022 at 11:21 AM, SCBills said:

I think we need to give this OL more than 3 games before we make sweeping judgments.  Especially when nobody should be basing anything off the Miami game.

I believe we have an above average LT and an above average C.  Not elite, but both are in the next tier after that. 

Our LG is an average vet.  That's fine. 

What will make or break the OL is our RG and RT.  Bates and Brown are both low floor / high ceiling guys with elite athletic attributes.  

The depth is probably pretty solid compared to most teams.  Quessenberry is a borderine starting caliber vet at swing tackle and GVR/Mancz are veteran interior depth.  Hart is veteran G/T depth.  Boettger comes back at some point this year, hopefully, and replaces Mancz or GVR on the active roster.  Most teams, maybe, have a reliable 6th OL... nobody really has starting caliber linemen after that.  

We have one of the best OL coaches in Aaron Kromer.  I'm willing to give him, and these guys, more than 3 games.  

OL play is just brutal around the league.  Half the QB's have to mask it by getting rid of the ball with lightning quickness (See Tua on Sunday).  Others like Allen, Mahomes, Herbert etc., will take more sacks by trying to extend plays.  Guys like Burrow that lack athleticism, or Daniel Jones that lack awareness, try to buy time but just put their teams in horrible positions.  

I was struck by a guy in Evan Neal, big time Tackle prospect, being legitimately unplayable against Dallas.  Then you see a guy like Slater go down for LAC.  OL play/attrition is just brutal in recent years, league wide.... and we're definitely no exception.   Our lack of run game and/or inability to stick with a run game just highlights our teams OL struggles more (IMO). 

I like your thoughts.  I agree with Dawkins and Morse.  Regarding Bates, I think he plays better between Dawkins and Morse and is better on the left.

Boetteger was good as RG.  I would like to see us try Dawkins, Bates, Morse (Quessenberry or Van Roten) Spencer.  That does JA17 justice on the left side and we can run on the left side.

25 minutes ago, Manther said:

I like your thoughts.  I agree with Dawkins and Morse.  Regarding Bates, I think he plays better between Dawkins and Morse and is better on the left.

Boetteger was good as RG.  I would like to see us try Dawkins, Bates, Morse (Quessenberry or Van Roten) Spencer.  That does JA17 justice on the left side and we can run on the left side.

Saffold?

5 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

We don’t need an aging corner who has hammy issues his first practice.  I would cut bait today on that one. I would rather see McDermott do the best he can raiding another team’s practice squad for a second year UDFA type corner with upside. 

Will defer to McDnot and beane on this one

6 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

We don’t need an aging corner who has hammy issues his first practice.  I would cut bait today on that one. I would rather see McDermott do the best he can raiding another team’s practice squad for a second year UDFA type corner with upside. 

You would you cut? They signed Rhodes so they can place him on the PS

On 10/1/2022 at 8:19 AM, FrenchConnection said:

Saffold?

Saffold has only player RG one year in his career.  If he is better than Quessenberry or Van Roten at RG, sure, play him there.

But, I do like Dawkins, Bates, Morse, best RG available, Spencer as our Oline.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.