Update: Xavier Rhodes signed by Bills

Steel City Mafia

17 hours ago, Logic said:

He’s GOT to be better than Wal Mart housewares associate Ja’Marcus Ingram, right?!

Kind of a weird comment. He gets no reps during practice and got unexpectedly thrust into the game and held up pretty well given the circumstances. I don’t think he was bad. And doubt his backup plan is Walmart. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kind of a weird comment. He gets no reps during practice and got unexpectedly thrust into the game and held up pretty well given the circumstances. I don’t think he was bad. And doubt his backup plan is Walmart. 

It was a joke. It may not have been a particularly GOOD joke, but it was a joke.

The idea was that the Bills were struck so hard by injuries that they had to pull guys off the street to cover the Dolphins WRs.

The best jokes are the ones you have to explain, ya know?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Logic said:

It was a joke. It may not have been a particularly GOOD joke, but it was a joke.

The idea was that the Bills were struck so hard by injuries that they had to pull guys off the street to cover the Dolphins WRs.

The best jokes are the ones you have to explain, ya know?

If comedy doesn't work there's always,

Wal-Mart 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

On 9/27/2022 at 9:20 AM, KDIGGZ said:

I hope this is purely in response to Benford situation and not because of Tre White not close to being ready

Could be both.  Tre may need some ramp up time even when he returns.  I'm thinking this is more of an immediate need signing.  Benford is out a few weeks per McD so that leaves T. Johnson and Elam.  Dane Jackson may not be ready Sunday so Rhodes is insurance imo.

9 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I low key think he could wind up playing FS for us also. 

Yeah with Hyde gone for the year, this could be the endgame once Tre and Benford are game ready. 

Lotsa game experience, not much he hasn't seen.

As a bigger DB he could also be a big nickel hybrid. 

He spent a lot of years in the NFC North and we face all those teams this year after the bye.

On 9/28/2022 at 3:25 AM, StHustle said:

You can’t be serious. We can’t afford to waste a spot on a guy who needs a month before he can contribute. Are you paying attention to what’s going on???

You dont have to activate him at 4 weeks to eat up a spot. It can be any week after. I bet they wait to activate him KC week. Lose a spot for that week and then have the following week off and then play him for GB. Most players with an ACL require 3 weeks of full practice. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Locomark said:

You dont have to activate him at 4 weeks to eat up a spot. It can be any week after. I bet they wait to activate him KC week. Lose a spot for that week and then have the following week off and then play him for GB. Most players with an ACL require 3 weeks of full practice. 

my point is we need the help NOW. No way we sign somebody who can’t contribute right away.

On 9/28/2022 at 5:00 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Especially considering he made about 42K for 3 hours of work...sounds like he is doing considerably better than any Walmart housewares associate I know and likely better than the poster.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.