Update: Xavier Rhodes signed by Bills

Steel City Mafia

Solid veteran depth signing.  For those interested,  last year he gave up 41 receptions on 65 targets for 524 yards with a QB passer rating of 92.1.  For comparison, Levi Wallace gave up 55 receptions on 92 targets for 650 yards with a QB passer rating of 85.9.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Solid veteran depth signing.  For those interested,  last year he gave up 41 receptions on 65 targets for 524 yards with a QB passer rating of 92.1.  For comparison, Levi Wallace gave up 55 receptions on 92 targets for 650 yards with a QB passer rating of 85.9.  

So if the secondary gets healthy, or maybe before then he will be on the whipping boy list on here. GIF by Eric

14 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Or my personal favorite....Matt Leinhart. 

14 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Still more than Anquan Boldin ever gave us

There is no comparison to Boldin here IMO.      Leinart was signed for the sole purpose of having a warm body for the last preseason game of that season and fulfilled that role.   Boldin was expected to contribute, retired out of nowhere claiming that it was for social justice and then tried to sign with New England later that year until we blocked it due to having the rights to him.

I am not sure about Rhodes current fitness level and whether he fits our scheme but if there is one part of our roster I have full faith that McD and Frazier will get right it is the secondary. And it is unlikely that we will get a repeat of last Sunday in terms of carnage anytime soon. I am far more concerned about the IOL.

All that said - welcome to Buffalo Xavier!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Locomark said:

White won’t play until Green Bay if I had to guess so this was 100% needed. Xavier is a good zone guy. 

You can’t be serious. We can’t afford to waste a spot on a guy who needs a month before he can contribute. Are you paying attention to what’s going on???

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.