Update: Xavier Rhodes signed by Bills

Steel City Mafia

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It's him or Ingram, right? Unless Jackson has already fully recovered. Between a reserve UDFA that they basically just pulled from a local college and a veteran that's new to the team but has played a lot of games in zone coverage I imagine they'll take the veteran. Frazier is familiar with Rhodes, I think he's more than just a body.

Yeah I’d rather have the vet myself. But it’ll probably just depend on what kinda shape he’s in. Or if he can get in game shape in just a few days. 

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Yeah I’d rather have the vet myself. But it’ll probably just depend on what kinda shape he’s in. Or if he can get in game shape in just a few days. 

We worked him out today so presumably they're comfortable with the shape he's in. Pros like him are always ready for that call. I think he'll be ready to go this weekend, I mean he'll have to be. We have no other options on the roster.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Can he play safety once the guys start getting healthy? 

Too late in the season to make that switch but he should honestly consider it. He has the size and that's a good way to try and extend his career since corner is a young man's game and with his experience and knowledge he would probably be a ball hawk back there

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We worked him out today so presumably they're comfortable with the shape he's in. Pros like him are always ready for that call. I think he'll be ready to go this weekend, I mean he'll have to be. We have no other options on the roster.

I'd rather sit him this week so he can get back into game shape. The Ravens receiving corp aren't world beaters, with the exception of Mark Andrews. If rushed into action it may make him more susceptible to injury. 

11 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'd rather sit him this week so he can get back into game shape. The Ravens receiving corp aren't world beaters, with the exception of Mark Andrews. If rushed into action it may make him more susceptible to injury. 

If we're picking between a somewhat out of game shape Rhodes and Ja'Marcus Ingram I'm still taking Rhodes. Ingram is not someone we can count on for a whole game, he was just our emergency option last week. Maybe Jackson is further along than I think and all of this will be moot anyways. Even in that scenario I would still elevate Rhodes for this game just to have the option available.

• Like (+1) 5

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think that’s diggs too in one of the photos 

These guys know him and what he’s got. If we need an outside guy, better a guy OUR guys know and trust. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3

Happy to see him signed today.  Didn’t have a good feeling about it happening if he left town.  

what’s up with Cam Lewis? Is he strictly a S/slot now?  I figured he would’ve taken the snaps at corner over Ingram.  Or Neal?  Is he strictly slot?  Is Ingram really a better option than either of these guys who have been in the system for a few years?  Maybe we found a Diamond in the rough.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.