Update: Xavier Rhodes signed by Bills

Steel City Mafia

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

It's not as big of a problem. Morse was a game time decision on Sunday, so you would have to assume that he'll be back on Sunday. Except for Bates (concussion), the rest of the guys that left the game on Sunday were due to heat. And Bates might be able to play on Sunday. It depends on how long symptoms linger.

I hear it’s actually a back issue, he can go right now if needed.

• Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

So, with the 2 that are out for the year, we are allowed to go over the cap by whatever their cap is, correct? I know hockey Cap rules, not so much with the foosballs

I was interested so I wanted to find out myself and this nugget. 

Injury & Absence/Suspension Prevention perhaps needs to be even more emphasized – only 1 team has had over 20% hit in Injury/ Absences against their salary cap, and still had a 60% W/L% and postseason appearance (2020 Tennessee Titans)

I'm curious if the Bills will hit that mark with their trash of injuries. 

Found here:

https://www.the33rdteam.com/breakdowns/the-impact-of-dead-cap-and-injuries-on-nfl-success/

Edited by The Wiz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Rubes said:

I'm hoping Brown's struggles last week were heat-related, but early in the game both of our tackles (Brown and Dawkins) were pretty bad.

Thew point was 75 - 78

I wish more people knew what that meant, you don't look at humidity, you look at the dew point. 

dew_point_scale.png?ve=1&tl=1

Like 66-70 is like a muggy day in NYC. Miserable is being in a rain forest. Anything higher is being in a rain forest while wearing a heated, wet, blanket. 

Unless you are used to this humidity (which players in the south are), and the you also have consistent cool air (which the dolphins do being on the shaded sideline), then...like have you ever played in the heat? I was a fast dude, but during certain days of summer, it felt like I could only run at half speed. 

This is what these players were going through

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

So, with the 2 that are out for the year, we are allowed to go over the cap by whatever their cap is, correct? I know hockey Cap rules, not so much with the foosballs

Pretty sure their cap hit still counts. That makes it tougher for the Bills to trade for a talented veteran 

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

He wasn't good last year either.  Looked both small and out of shape - as if he expected to be starting at Center.  Then they re-did Morse's deal all but sealing his fate as depth center and guard. 

I agree, the defeat wasn't on the defense's performance on the field. I do think we play called to keep the offense out there as long as possible to protect the defense, though - to the point where they were mentally and physically exhausted, unable to perform to the best of their ability.

10 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I was interested so I wanted to find out myself and this nugget. 

Injury & Absence/Suspension Prevention perhaps needs to be even more emphasized – only 1 team has had over 20% hit in Injury/ Absences against their salary cap, and still had a 60% W/L% and postseason appearance (2020 Tennessee Titans)

I'm curious if the Bills will hit that mark with their trash of injuries. 

Found here:

https://www.the33rdteam.com/breakdowns/the-impact-of-dead-cap-and-injuries-on-nfl-success/

So,you know cap hit of injured players still counts?

34 minutes ago, appoo said:

Thew point was 75 - 78

I wish more people knew what that meant, you don't look at humidity, you look at the dew point. 

dew_point_scale.png?ve=1&tl=1

Like 66-70 is like a muggy day in NYC. Miserable is being in a rain forest. Anything higher is being in a rain forest while wearing a heated, wet, blanket. 

Unless you are used to this humidity (which players in the south are), and the you also have consistent cool air (which the dolphins do being on the shaded sideline), then...like have you ever played in the heat? I was a fast dude, but during certain days of summer, it felt like I could only run at half speed. 

This is what these players were going through

There have been a few days in the Buffalo area where the dew point gets that high and it is almost oppressive outside, even for here...

Surprisingly, one of the worst places for dewpoints in the US in the summer is in Iowa, due to all of the corn there and a process known as transpiration, or as they call it "corn sweat".  Basically, corn acts like a giant straw sucking up lots of water from the ground and then when it gets hot, it evaporates into the atmosphere leading to some of the highest dew points in the country, at times above 80 degrees and a few times around 85 degrees.

In Maurice, IA in July 2021, they recorded a heat index of 141!!! with a air temp of 93 degrees and a dewpoint of 91...that is next level oppressive.  To put this in perspective, the highest dew point ever recorded in the US was 91 degrees in Melbourne Florida or 90 degrees in New Orleans depending on which site you go to and which record they reference.  So this either tied or broke the record for the entire US...although to be fair the weather station was surrounded by cornfields so that may be "cheating" a little bit.

https://www.fox29.com/weather/you-think-it-gets-humid-in-philadelphia-corn-sweat-is-causing-90-degree-dew-points-in-iowa

https://www.foxweather.com/weather-news/dew-points-reach-into-the-extreme-80s-in-iowa

613bad05b787d.image.jpg?resize=672,523

Edited by Big Turk
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Given his years of experience in the league, his previously high level of play on the field. and his presumed knowledge of Leslie Frazier's defense...

Rhodes seems like the best available option. If he's in shape, sign him and get him up to speed. The Bills cannot enter matchups against the Ravens and Chiefs with Ja'Marcus Ingram at corner. No offense to Ingram, he played well, but he's an undrafted, practice squad rookie. The Bills can do better.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.