Jim Kubiak Analysis in BN

Casey D

1 hour ago, H2o said:

No, this one was not all on McDermott. It would have been nice to see him challenge the Gabe Davis reception that should have been a TD though. Just saying. 

It'd be nice to live in a reality where he wasted a timeout there and we were complaining about that stupid challenge costing us the time for a last second FG.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, H2o said:

No, this one was not all on McDermott. It would have been nice to see him challenge the Gabe Davis reception that should have been a TD though. Just saying. 

The play would not have been reversed. They would have let it stand. I'm pretty certain of that.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

It'd be nice to live in a reality where he wasted a timeout there and we were complaining about that stupid challenge costing us the time for a last second FG.

Honestly that game was just a cosmic comedy or errors. Like that weird cursed Jags game from last year where everything that could have gone wrong, did. I could think of at least a dozen moments where if something every so slightly differently had happened, the Bills win.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

It didn’t look like a TD to me, especially after the replay. Besides being a Bills fan, I have Gabe in two fantasy leagues, I WANTED that td, but it as a good play by the db to knock the ball out. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Possession, two feet, and what seemed to be a football move before it was knocked out is what I saw. Even if we didn't get the call reversed by the refs, who were ABSOLUTELY suspect this game, I wouldn't have been mad at the challenge in any way. 

I was more shocked at how the Fins didn't commit a DPI, defensive hold or illegal contact during any of the 63 passing snaps the Bills had, which was probably more like 67 factoring in Allen scrambles.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Beast said:

I disagree. That would have been upheld. I would have been pissed if they challenged that.

Everytime I see something similar to this it reminds me of a TD pass Trent Edwards threw to Michael Gaines (maybe it was his first NFL TD?). Gaines catches it and then it's immediately knocked out of his hands. Maybe they've changed the rules since then, but if they didn't I can definitely see the Davis non TD being overturned.

First play in this video is what I'm referring to:

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Possession, two feet, and what seemed to be a football move before it was knocked out is what I saw. Even if we didn't get the call reversed by the refs, who were ABSOLUTELY suspect this game, I wouldn't have been mad at the challenge in any way. 

Do you need to make a "football move" when you catch a ball in the endzone? 

2 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

That's the game I saw. Apparently everyone else saw the Dolphins totally dominate and crush the Bills to the point where they are the new #1 in "power rankings."

Kudos to the Dolphins.  They squeaked out a 2 point home win against a ridiculously depleted Bills team through some key plays and a ton of luck.  To the winner go the spoils, but anyone who actually believes that the Phins are the best team in the league or somehow better than Buffalo are delusional.  On a neutral field with neutral conditions and a halfway healthy roster, the Bills win by 2 touchdowns (if not more).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Mikie's Bills said:

Do you need to make a "football move" when you catch a ball in the endzone? 

Would love to hear a take on that play from one of the actual rules officials.  It was definitely a close call.  I wonder if it had been called a touchdown if it would have withstood a Dolphins challenge.  In super slow motion it looks like he secures the ball and "completes the catch", but in real time it looked like a bang-bang play where the ball pops free right near the end of completing the catch.  I just don't think it was ever going to be overturned. 

The more I think about that game, the more I think it's a testament to the roster build, McDermott and staff's ball knowledge, and Josh Allen that this game wasn't a 3 score blowout. 

You know how in political forecasting we have something called the fundamentals? Which is to say the inherent advantage for one party over the other based on economy, who's in powers, demographics, etc - before you ever get into candidate quality. 

Well in this game, fundamentals advantages the Dolphins by 3 TDs

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

Would love to hear a take on that play from one of the actual rules officials.  It was definitely a close call.  I wonder if it had been called a touchdown if it would have withstood a Dolphins challenge.  In super slow motion it looks like he secures the ball and "completes the catch", but in real time it looked like a bang-bang play where the ball pops free right near the end of completing the catch.  I just don't think it was ever going to be overturned. 

He never completed the catch. That wouldn't have been ruled a fumble if it happened in midfield

Edited by appoo
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

I was more shocked at how the Fins didn't commit a DPI, defensive hold or illegal contact during any of the 63 passing snaps the Bills had, which was probably more like 67 factoring in Allen scrambles.

Yes, that's pretty astounding. No DPI or Holding on 63 passing plays? Remarkable. Would love to know the record of passes without any defensive penalties. Of course, I'm sure it was all above board and the Dolphins didn't get away with anything...

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Yes, that's pretty astounding. No DPI or Holding on 63 passing plays? Remarkable. Would love to know the record of passes without any defensive penalties. Of course, I'm sure it was all above board and the Dolphins didn't get away with anything...

It was an old school "let 'em play" type of game, which explains a clearly concussed quarterback playing an entire half of football.  Well, it was clearly "let 'em play" until there was about 18 seconds left on the clock.

Just now, TheBrownBear said:

More proof that the team (and us fans) just need to flush this game and forget about it.  

Yup, I just looked up the dew point for Sunday and it was a wildly high 75-78. Like relatively speakiung that like playing a football game in the tropical rain forest, on a hot day, whilst wearing a wet heated blanket

1 minute ago, appoo said:

Yup, I just looked up the dew point for Sunday and it was a wildly high 75-78. Like relatively speakiung that like playing a football game in the tropical rain forest, on a hot day, whilst wearing a wet heated blanket

Yeah, that's brutal.  I remember the first time experiencing heat like that when I was 18 and on a senior trip to Cancun in early July.  We stepped off the plane onto the tarmac and I was gasping for air.  I actually thought I might suffocate and wondered how I was going to survive an entire week down there.  Turns out you can pull it off with ocean water and tequila.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.