MNF: Dallas at NYG

YoloinOhio

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I agree with a lot of this sentiment. I do think it’s a huge ask of our QB1. He is the undoubtable God of our franchise, and they are asking him to move mountains. It’d be nice if they could find more ways to take some of that pressure off of his shoulders. 

It would, but you can’t have everything. They won’t invest a #1 pick on an RB ever. I don’t think Miss is very good, and would rather they call up Duke Johnson as RB2. Singletary has become a decent player. I wouldn’t have hated Dorsey not calling back to back passes on 3rd and 4th down. Conversely I didn’t love the Jauronesque run run , pass sequence early that led to the strip sack of Josh. A lot of this is just philosophy, not inability to run, but they have no backs that will ever be considered elite. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

It would, but you can’t have everything. They won’t invest a #1 pick on an RB ever. I don’t think Miss is very good, and would rather they call up Duke Johnson as RB2. Singletary has become a decent player. I wouldn’t have hated Dorsey not calling back to back passes on 3rd and 4th down. Conversely I didn’t love the Jauronesque run run , pass sequence early that led to the strip sack of Josh. A lot of this is just philosophy, not inability to run, but they have no backs that will ever be considered elite. 

The issues with the ground game lie largely beyond who is carrying the ball, and everything to do with what’s going on up front. Just too many plays where our guys have to beat a player in the backfield just to get back to the LOS.

I also think the RPO read they stuck with was difficult to get going given the delayed style handoff and lack of momentum getting the ball carrier going.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Every game the RBs get one or even 2 long runs but that is not the result of a great play.  It's just an odds thing with me.

What I see happening is defenses are pushing straight into the Bills line every play, whether it's a pass or run.

These shotgun handoffs have the RB more or less standing and once they get the handoff the D is already on them.

The long runs happen when the RB can somehow get through all those guys and then see daylight.

I speculate that not a lot of play designing, and practice is happening in the run game.  I don't say they need to start running

often, they just need something other than what they have been doing.  Some pitches (as I've said) and some jet sweeps to start.

McKenzie had a sweep for 6 yards, and they never went back to it.

I see your point. Where is at least the creativity with Mackenzie on a reverse or jet sweep or a couple Information pitch outs just something for the defense to think about. Particularly in the red zone and on short yardage people just key on Josh anymore like the entire defense just looks at 17 knowing where it’s going. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

4 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I see your point. Where is at least the creativity with Mackenzie on a reverse or jet sweep or a couple Information pitch outs just something for the defense to think about. Particularly in the red zone and on short yardage people just key on Josh anymore like the entire defense just looks at 17 knowing where it’s going. 

That's all I'm saying.  I'll add that when Crowder was with Washington, he did some sweeps too.  Dorsey is new and he has some time

to adjust, but he has to do something to get some eyes off of Josh 100% of the time.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Not sure Lamb had the first on 4th.  Good job getting the next play off.  Surprised spot not challenged.  

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Man Lamb is a really weird receiver makes insane catches and drops the open ones 

I think Knox was like that his rookie year.  Wonder if it’s like receiver ADD.  Easy catches they just lose focus? 

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.